Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****3/21/2013 ****Where is spring?????
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....someone forgot to turn up the degrees outside....so whose job is this? MiMi in NC...and it is only going to be in the 40's today...and going to be actually cooler for most of the week/week-end...perhaps the weather is just confused now....it is SPRING****and it is time for warmer weather.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

So many things going on around the world...and so much without answers as to why a lot is happening. It is sad that there are so many *puzzles* everywhere with so many missing pieces. It is hard to form a picture without all of the pieces which belong to a puzzle. So what happens IF only one piece has been lost? Well, I think we all know the answer to this. One missing piece of the puzzle and the picture is never whole. So what happens to it when this takes place. So much depends upon all of the parts to be there for a clear picture of how the puzzle is suppose to look.

I actually thought about the above paragraph and just how this kind of thing works in so many aspects of life. Sometimes people have to work backwards of something to be able to get a clear picture of what exactly took place....and this still might be impossible to do without each and every piece of what belongs to it....from the beginning until the end.

Nevermind....this is my soap box of the day. I had some *issues* that were actually confusing to me and I finally figured out just what happened. I will NEVER have a clear picture of what took place since there are many pieces of it missing. So with this being said....it is what it is....as once it has taken place and the pieces are gone...the rest of the *story* can only be guessed.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. Believe it or not but FM is quite a *puzzle* for a lot of us...will it ever be solved? I am not sure since there are so many pieces of the puzzle missing to the wrath of the dragon as well. It is indeed a mystery, not only to us, the ones who face it each and every day, but to those who research it and try to find ways to *improve* it. And then there are those who can not even grasp what we, the FMers, deal with each and every day.

I am sure though that soon each of you will *find something* that will help you cope better. Is this an easy task? Nope...it does take a trial and error process....eventually you will find the right *combination of tools and tips* that will ease your pain and allow you to have better days...now I did not say that you would be *painfree*....as I do not think this happens...but better days for sure.

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is important to a lot of people these days...Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

For new members...learn all you can about FM...the more you know the better you will cope. This too is a process...as is anything and everything with the wrath of the dragon....you have to learn how to *dance with the dragon* instead of draggin the dragon, as Nana B says.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this cold day in March.

Have a good one.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

BetteK responded:
MiMi,

Remember, "That not my job." Well it isn't is it? Here in sw NY, we'll take 20 degrees and say thank you--especially when it comes with gorgeous sunshine--however transient.

Tomorrow, we're picking up William from his group home in Rochester. Of course, we'll take today--and tomorrow--and the next two weeks. We miss him so much, and yet we know he belongs in the city with it's buses, it's better group homes, and it's caring staff.

It is gut-wrenching, though to have to bring him back after each visit. Separations come too soon. Oh how I wish he
could be happy in a group home here instead of 100 miles away. But he isn't. And the whole point of living in a group home is that he gets to choose the type of life he wants where he wants.

But at least we have today to plan and tomorrow to pack a lot of fun into our visit to the Lilac City. Lunch out? Check! Trip to a mall? Check! Visit the Port of Rochester? Check. Stop for groceries on way home? Check. Lots of sugary cereals? Check! and doublecheck!!

Hope your next 2 weeks are wonderful, too.

And yes, someone has gone 9 months without drinking any toilet bowl cleaner or any similar poisons. That's why he needs to go back to the group home when it's time.

Nine months is something to celebrate. Something wonderful called life.

BetteK

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good 2ND day of Spring MiMi, BetteK and all that follow. I hope this post of mine finds you all in a good place that has you enjoying a fibro issue and pain free day. : )

MiMi, I KNOW just what you mean: where's our spring warm temps? I'm feeling robbed. I just couldn't wait for Spring AND here I am still waiting! DH and I were out this morning and the roads are all brined ( salted ) and ready for snow here tonight. UGH. And our neighbor's beautiful Magnolia tree, that bloomed last weekend and was full of beautiful pink flowers yesterday, has over night, because of the low temps, now has not a single unburned / brown or dark flower on it. So sad. But the Dogwood trees are still colorful and look untouched by the cold. Tonight's snow may change that. It isn't supposed to be much, but the cold I'm sure on the flowers won't be helpful.

Not a lot to post about. Ran errands today and this evening I'm heading up to Nashville with DH to DD's house to have my SIL reset the readings on my GMC- SUV. I don't drive it much but it's had so many issues over the years. On the other hand my DH's Saturn is a work horse of a car and not a single problem with it in all the 6 years we've had it. Go figure. Mine sits in the garage most days and his runs more than 70 miles a day up and back to work and yet it's like the Engergizer Bunny and just keeps on going. Now watch just as I've said it, it will break down. LOL

Okay, let me close here with wishes to all for a great day and a pain free one as well.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Hello all...I am trying to catch up here..so much going on...I will read and send you all gentle hugs. Mimi and Bette...I hope your visits are wonderful..even though too short...one step at a time, I guess..

And to all still dealing with cold weather...I have heard that spring is on its way...just a tad too slow..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
I have been delinquent due to my health and reading too much again... I am in the middle of a nasty flare and I received Dr P's book a couple of days ago "Fm Up Close and Personal"... The only time I out the book down is when it gets heavy... lol... It is quite large so it does get heavy... lol... But I am loving it so much I am debating about paying for it again and getting the kindle version for my phone or tablet so it is lighter... lol... I haven't looked to see if they have that version though... with any luck they will... I have other readers too...

I am so tired today... Do you know how long it has taken to write this... I started at 530 AM this morning with a message and switched to this one at 6 without sending it... It is now 4:45 PM the same day lol... But still... give me a break... Over 11 hours... I can't stay focused.. I can't sit long enough... I had to leave once... and I closed about 4 times due to unwanted guests...

Will I ever send this... Or should I just copy and paste it in the morning lol...

I keep writing and erasing or copying for another message...
and then erasing... I want to scream but there are too many people around and they will lock me up lol... lol... lol.. So..

I am going to send this one finally and write another one about what is going on... My health is yuck... In 4 simple words... And I am Yuck in 3 more... I need to vent and need to not feel so alone... So..

Talk to you soon... Take care... Hope you are doing much better... and remember I am always thinking of you and loving you... Jan/Dakota

fibroinsd responded:
Jan...glad you got something written...hang in there girl !

Mimi..just wanted to let your know I saw the pics of the three grands..so so cute...and yes..they look so happy to be together..hope all goes well...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

agrapina replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hi everyone. I can relate to each one of these posts. I want to start checking in more often or even once in a while! I've been very sad for a long time and realize the value of being with others with the same condition.

Today I got some sad news about my best buddy, a little dog who Is my constant companion. Seems his has congestive heart failure. Yikes. My heart is breaking already.
I don't know but it seems like everything is getting a lot harder with each passing year.

Wishing everyone a comfortable evening with as little pain as possible.

BetteK replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Oh, Jan.

We all have days that seem to run in slow motion. We get through them in 24 hours though--just like everyone else.

Jan, on days like today, are you able to skip the driving and let someone else do it? I drove us up to Rochester and back as far as the I 390. Luckily, my dear, longsuffering husband was there to take over from there on.

I don't know what we did before the minivan! We keep a small pillow and an afgan on the third seat. I actually slept the whole way home. Other people drove. Other people entertained William. Other people gassed up the car. Other people did that all-important snack food stock up at the super-market. Other people emptied the car. Some dear, sweet
Other people even pointed me to the bedroom once we were home sweet home.

God bless Other people. May he grant us some when we need them.

BetteK

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.