Skip to content
Sunday *****3/24/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where springtime has decided to *hide* from the earth....it did get warmer yesterday than what had been predicted....so I guess I am also hoping this will be the case today as well.

It turned out to be a 2 hour softball practice for my granddaughter....so by the time this was over and we got back to my daughter's house....she had only a very short time to spend with the boys....not really fair to her at all....but it seems like her happiness is NOT important to some people....so very sad for this little one....as she is so bubbly and happy when she arrives and when it is time to go, she crawls back into a shell....my DH had told me that this is how it was and he had noticed it and yesterday I actually saw for myself....as they say seeing is believing.

But the best part of this is that she will have 10 hours in April....and then in May it will be extra other week-end....so it does improve....she is such a sweet little girl and she deserves to have a happy childhood.

I was not feeling really good yesterday but I am guessing stress had something to do with it. I did sleep better last night and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

I also hope each of you has had a good week-end as well....and I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world soon.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently....I am sure that soon each of you will find the right combination of tools and tricks that will help you cope better....you will soon learn how to *dance with the dragon instead of draggin the dragon*....(Nana's B quote)....it does take a trial and error process though....so hang in there and keep on keeping on....until you figure this out.

Vitamin D....again I want to remind everyone just how important this Vitamin is....(which by the way is actually a homone instead of a vitamin-I guess someone got confused when it was mislabeled). Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. (be sure and see the Vitamin D link from 3/23/2013)

Can you believe that March is about over? Just a few days left and April will arrive.

Have a good Sunday.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Goo dmorning Fmily and dear Mimi,

I have a half a day off here and looked through some posts....also the cat woke me at 5:20 (my work time) she doesn't get that it is Sunday a day of REST.....so I got up early.

Once I am awake there is no denying the dragon has me in his mouth so meds have to begin....I tried something different last night I took 75mg of tramadol rather then the 37.5 that I usually have done as morning right now as I push myself are tough. It was a bit better...I slept well.

I wanted to share the new doc i am with right now. As a Urologist who is beloved by his patients and I can see* why...we had a little conversation about Irritble bladder and he said "Oh the patients with FM have that"....he then went on to say that his staff had signals to explain a particular person on the schedual or on the phone...if they were crazy, or in need of help...or FM. So I asked him to expound..
(I am so tricky...)

He said that people with FM have so many irritations of IBS, IB, pains and aches that they are difficult to help. But that he does his best.........(whew! I thought I was going to have to leave this new path as I will not work with someone in the negative....) I will keep him honest.

I haven't decided to tell him of my needs or issues...so far I can handle all he has handed me. I am also a person who jumps in 110% so I am busy busy...I bought 3 nursing books also to get my skills up. Looking in bladders and on the hunt for cancer and fixing is a new chapter for me. He does alot of office surgery as well, I am not an OR nurse but I am trainable!

I won't share how many hours I worked this week but I will say 6 days was part of it......I am feeling in need of shots but the work is more fingers and brain then arms and neck, so I am lucking out! I tried to do patients in nuclear on Thursday in my state and at 3 I crashed and needed significant help. SO....no clinical, only administrative for now.

Just wanted to share my world righ tnow.

Spring is no where to be found, you are right Mimi...we will jump to summer!! Ha, can you imagine. I still have snow everywhere and I do see buds on the trees so it is trying, and I am LOOKING HARD.....I love leaving work and the sun is out!

I have read some posts and see not too much need in the fmily right now, this is a good thing.....hoping all are out in the sun and trying to move*.....get distracted** and carve a life***.

I wish all who are Christian a Happy Palm Sunday and for the Jewish among us....Happy Passover for Monday....I love when the holidays are so near eachother, it helps to show we are really just 5 degrees os separation between us all.......
Even Ramadon is our LENT and fasting....just 5 degrees*....why can't we all get along?? So Sad...

OK, a day of spring daffodils for all......well, a better day today than yesterday. . Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday to everyone.

Not alot to post about here today.. it's dark and gloomy with rain. So un spring like. The coming week will be cold with snow chances a couple of days running. I too am afraid there will be no spring and we will jump right into the heat and mugginess of summer. OH I AM SOOO NOT GOING TO LIKE THAT, if it happens.

DH is home but asleep upstairs so I have a few minutes to check in and wish each of you a good day.

Not a lot to do today. I want to get the house ready for the grand children's visit with us next weekend. Their rooms upstairs are ready but I want to shampoo the carpets and wash all the bed sheets, etc. DH plans to make Salsa today. He starilized his canning jars last night for it and we will make a run to the store to get the chilies, etc after he gets up. I could so easily pick the things he needs myself, but since HE makes it ( with my help ) HE needs to pick out everything. UGH. He makes his salsa twice a year. Spring and Fall. He buys his chilies in the spring, but in the fall he uses his own home grown chilies for his salsa. He always complaines the spring salsa is never as good as his fall one. I don't eat it so I have NO CLUE.

MiMi, I am so glad you got time in with your grand daughter, not enough time, but time.. and that's so important to everyone. It breaks my heart to hear that she is so unhappy when she has to leave all of you. I'm sorry her mother is still playing games at her daughter's exspense, but as you said, as time goes on she will have more and more time with all of you and there won't be that saddness once she knows she will have all of you much more often and for longer periods.

Nancy, your new doctor sounds like a 'gem' Sounds from your post disscription of him that he'll be nice to work for. And how nice of him, so few doctors care about those of us with FM let alone care enough to offer things he hopes will make Fmers feel better... AND when you get to work with a doctor who does .. HEAVEN. Sorry that your office work time is now longer, hopefully not any harder on you.

I extend to all those here of differnent religoius faith a truly blessed week ahead.

Will close this here with " feel well" wishes for all.. Hope your day is a good one.. one you get to do your way.

Gentle hugs, Linda

fibroinsd responded:
Had a nice church service today...and breakfast...Dad struggled to get through it all..he wants to go..but mornings are not easy..

We are taking dinner..pulled pork sandwiches...over to mom and dad tonight...

Nancy..glad the doctor is turning out to be nice..and hope you can make it through the long hours...

and for Nancy, Mimi and Linda..and all...(especially Cory)..hope the weather warms up soon...I think it will..it is a little nicer here today..so I know that will be heading east..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening gang, today was cold and gloomy with little sun. It was a good day to buckle down and work on my school books. I manged to put a good dent in them. If I can keep the momentum I should be done in less than 2 weeks.

Speaking of the weather, they are speculating that we will be melting snow all week. We are supposed to see 40 by Saturday. That's not very warm, but in the nomal range. We have been below normal all month.

I haven't felt the best lately. It takes a toll on the spirit. The spirit then takes it's toll on the body. It was nice to get dressed up last night and go to a formal event. I didn't think I would even enjoy it but I met some interresting people.

I have to get ready for bed so here is wishing you all a good night, and warmer weather! Take care everyone.

Cory

HealthyD responded:
MiMi
I'm confused I would say load up on natural Vitamin C though, helps to keep your immune up when it's attacking you! But I'm not sure what you are saying about D? Is it bad. I'm finding I'm pretty advance after 2 yrs not knowing it was lupus/fibromyalgia, I took an osteoarthiritis capsule and it helps relieve pain in the bones, neck, back, limbs, spinal cord, etc. Like I said mine may be very advance I have a strong withstanding to pain but it's severe when I have a flareup.
So dont take Vitamin D? This osteoarthritis pack does not have Vitamin D but believe some kind of fish oil.
I have something for you:
Try reading this! Also the more you go without sleep the worse it gets! You have to sleep to help compensate. So try chammomile or other relaxing tea just before bed you have to try to get at least 8 hrs of sleep or it'll wear you down. There's something else at the health food stores as far as teas can't think of name starts with a "V" i think it smells bad though I tried with peppermint and it's better smelling. Warm baths help too just before bed.
And change your diet, please read:
http://www.fibromyalgia-support.net/articles/whatdoctors.htm
Thanks!

dollbug replied to HealthyD's response:
Hello HealthyD and welcome....don't think I have *talked* to you....I would suggest that you do your own research on Vitamin D and just how important it is to people in general....not just to us FMers...a few years ago I was the person who *posted about Vitamin D*...and just how important it was for everyone. I am sure that some of the members here thought that perhaps I was *touched a bit* for including this in most every post that I did....well, eventually 1 or 2 members finally decided to speak to their doctor about this...and soon others joined in.

I am not even sure that Dr. P realized just how important Vitamin D was....although he never really commented on this.

Anyway...I am one of the oldie goldies here and I still include the Vitamin D tip in most of my posts. We have new people who traveled in and out of this place and I want to make sure that I reach just as many people as I possibly can. I am sure that a lot of the old members are sick and tired of reading my *Vitamin D tip*.....over and over and over again....but I have continued anyway.

I only wish that I could reach the entire world so that people who are dealing with pain and illnesses could know just how important Vitamin D is.

There are members here who also continue to say that taking Vitamin D did nothing to help them....and I am sure that not everyone who gets their Vitamin D level checked needs it....but I think I have read that those who have theirs checked there is about 85% of them who do have low Vitamin D.

There has been a lot of research in the past few years about it....even though it is a very old hormone....but it seems like people are finally paying more attention now or perhaps it is the doctors who finally *got it*.

So....please do NOT be confused about Vitamin D.

Taking Omegas is also important...I am one of the FMers here who has learned how to *control my FM pain* by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well.

And you are correct....lack of sleep causes FM pain to increase. I can only wish to get 8 hours of sleep at night though. Rarely to never do I get 8 hours of sleep. I do take a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts which help my muscles to relax so that I can sleep better.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.