Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
so tired
kimmy56 posted:
Hello all. My first post. The advice and compassion from the discussions seems so comforting. I am soooo tired both physically and emotionally. Fatigue is awful. No amount of rest helps. hurt all the time. nothing seems to help. just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening.

dollbug responded:
Hello kimmy and welcome....yes...I think a lot of us FMers know exactly how you feel....a lot of us are sick and tired of being sick and tired all of the time. I also have chronic fatigue and I have not found anything that has helped it so far. I continue though to try different things in hopes of finding the *right tool*....that might work.

I have at least found that I can control my FM pain by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things also. But I have also found out that on some days my fatigue is actually worse than the FM pain.

I hope you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* here....as I am sure you will find something that will perhaps help you cope better.

I would also encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level, if you have not already done this. Low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Getting enough sleep is also an important factor for a lot of us. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is also important.

Hang in here with us. I am sure others will chime in with what they have found that works for them too.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

HealthyD responded:
Try reading this! Also the more you go without sleep the worse it gets! You have to sleep to help compensate. So try chammomile or other relaxing tea just before bed you have to try to get at least 8 hrs of sleep or it'll kill you.
And change your diet!
http://www.fibromyalgia-support.net/articles/whatdoctors.htm

kimmy56 replied to HealthyD's response:
thanks for your reply. How have you changed your diet?

HealthyD replied to kimmy56's response:
Yes! I sure have. I don't eat too much fast food, not that I did before. I don't drink hardly any soda, I treat myself to coffee once or twice a month try to go without. No heavy meals or greasy foods, low on sugar. Sometimes under stress I tend to grab a kit kat or recess peanut buter cup or chocolate--no more. I try to get alot of fresh raw fruits and vegetables. I purchased a cheap juicer, it works, I try to juice at least once or twice a month on weekends too and I bought a smoothie blender the bullet. I found blending foods are better and juicing can be work but you get soooo much more nutrients. I lay off the milk, dairy, cheese, and certain vegetables that sometimes trigger my issues like tomatoes--I love pasta, and celery, so everything in extreme moderation. I have allergies to too much peanuts and wheat as well. You must experiment everyone is different but please do try, try for a week or two. I pray for you too.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.