Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I may have Fibromyalgia?
Denimblu posted:
So I'm new to this and have been told that it sounds like a my have Fibromyalgia. I don't know but it sounds like I may. I am in more pain on days that I am more active and sometimes have muscle control loss. I also have sharp pains, feel like what electrical sparks look like, the burn and pattern that it happens in. when my muscles get weak it feels like I am trapped in my own body and almost powerless. Last night was the worst night, I found a hot shower and a pain killer helped....and prayers of course, but maybe someone knows whats may be going on???

Cormacbolano responded:
Some of your symptoms sound like fibro but others may not be.
These symptoms could be something else and you should have it looked into.

The best thing to do is to write a list of your symptoms and take them to your primary doctor which I hope you have.

Good luck and sorry to hear about this

BetteK responded:
Denimblu,

One of my FM pals also has neuropathy. Your "shocking" pains sound like that. Your primary care doc should be able to pick up on that.

If this is what your problem is, you will probably be referred to a neurologist. Many neurologists also treat fibromyalgia, so you could get a 2fer.

Whatever, you do need to have this checked out. Make the appointment first thing.

BetteK

Denimblu replied to BetteK's response:
I know I should as soon as I can... being a single mother of two, and having not the best insurance it is difficult for me to get in! I'm only 33 and I don't feel that I should have these problems. Not to mention I am a little conserned about the results. Was hoping I could put a finger on it my self so I could research what I need to do, to feel a little better. Thank you for your reply, I will...soon go in! keep me in your prayers.

Denimblu replied to Cormacbolano's response:
Good Idea I think I will make a log of symptoms and times when It is much worse... I know that when I sleep my legs throb. I just can get comfortable and I am so exhaused after work. My sweet kids don't deserve for me to be this way! Alieve helps just to knock the pain of a lil but, I still in some pain.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.