Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
venting
kimmy56 posted:
the last several days have been horrible. Pain, stiffness, FATIGUE to the extreme, depressed because i am afraid this will never get any better. I have an appt with my dr tomorrow. desperate to try any med i have not tried before. Thank God my hubby is patient and understanding. These were supposed to be "our days" since he is retired and i had to quit work (due to fibro). Thought we could do fun things around the bad days, but seems all days are bad. I am usually an upbeat person but this is getting the better of me.

thanks for allowing me to vent. best wishes to my fellow fibro sufferers.

Kimmy

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Dear Kimmy,

I am sorry to hear you are suffering so much. Hopefully your doctor can help. I know at times things seem so hopeless. You feel you have no control of this condition. Please stay strong no matter how hard it gets. I pray better days will be here for you real soon. My prayers are with you and I send you many soft hugs. Please post again and let us know how you are doing. Warm/hot showers are my best friend when FM catches hold of me. Also laying on heating pad helps to relax. Just keeping trying new things till you find what will work for you.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

franr responded:
Dear Kimmy
So sorry you are feeling so poorly. You sound the way I was over the last few months. I had a terrible flare and medically noone was able to find out what was wrong. But with peservarence I continued to find the right MD's to fix me. Don't give up there is a MD who can help.Try to concentrate on other things. If your feeling well evough go out enjoy dinner or a movie. When you are feeling poorly rest ,take a warm bath or get into a movie. I know when you are in pain its hard to concentrate.Please continiue to check in and let us know how you are doing. Hugs...Fran

kimmy56 replied to franr's response:
Thanks!! I have a great dr--started me on Savella. And it seems to be working!!!! I am not hurting as much and the fatigue is less. Only side effect is slight nausea if i takeit on an empty stomach. I can easliy remedy that. Ha Hope you are doing well.

Kim

kimmy56 replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Hi Debbie

Thanks for your well wishes. I too rely on warm showers and alot of rest. I have a great dr that just started me on Savella which seems to be helping. Less pain and less fatigue. Only side effect is slight nausea if I take it on an empty stomach. But keeping something in my stomach isNOT a problem.!! between the Fm, migraines, and recovering from cervical disc surgery, it has been tough. But i am thankful i am feeling better. Best wishes to you.

Kim

booch007 responded:
Good morning Kimmy,

I have to say when the doc added Savella to me it was the icing on the cake.....it is strong for me though. The dose pak to start was too much, couldn't sleep...heart rate up too much and crazy thoughts.... I pulled back to the baby 12.5 mg tablet and do fine. I take 25mg if it is a bad day or going to be a bad day.

Maybe it will help you. Savella is a different type of SNRI. it is really a NSRI...increasing norepinephrine 3x the norm above seratonin....hence the increase everyhting.....norepinephrine (cousin to adrenaline).....it plays like the story of extreme fear and you can lift a car off a child, or you have no pain when you lose your arm....until later...it is adrenaline numbing you to this.

Now I am not saying I can leap tall buildings in a single bound*..but it has changed me quite a bit....

I hope the doc has a magic trick for you...also make sure you are doing all the non medical tricks we have to lift yourself...I have nore of them in my toolbox then i do pills..........

Look under resources and the MEMBERS TOOLBOX is there "I saw it today"......see if there is something in there that fits.

Good luck, Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Having an understanding spouse is so important in this journey. I think many of us are in the same boat as you. I took Savella as a trial an it worked very well for me. My insurance won't cover it unless I exhaust all possible generic meds first. It is one that you need to start small and build up to it slowly until you find the working dose for you. The same if you stop taking it, ramp back down. Also, watch your blood pressure, as it will likely increase some.

It is important to find distractions that can help keep the spirit up when the body is down. You will find that very helpful. We have to adjust to the fact that we may not be able to do what we want and except only doing what we physically can.

Take care Kimmy and vent anytime.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.