Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day *****3/27/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and it is cold again this morning...but they say that the temps are going to get higher and that it is not going to be as windy...I guess the March winds were at the end of the month this spring. Spring is overdue and I am ready for it to appear.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all....with lots of sunshine to enjoy.

Yesterday my daughter called me and I got sick in the pit of my stomach. She had been to speak to her attorneys. It is sad when another person can make false accusations against a person and not provide proof of anything and not be held accountable and responsible for what they do. It is time for laws to change in NC...as most states do NOT even allow self initiated warrants without any other investigation. It has now been *reported* that telephone calls are being made from my house as well. I had to order copies of my telephone bills for Feb and March. I guess there are ghosts that I am unaware of present with me who are doing this.

That's my soapbox for the day.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. Just hang out here with us...and learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does get better with time and learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is a good start.

My important tip of the day is Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....which is important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Good morning All... I hope all is doing fine... And dealing well with our wraiths... Mine are getting old... I have to call the Dr if not much better by tomorrow... I hope to rest more and get more better today lol... If only I could rest without this FM flare... I think it is keeping my colitis flared... Just tooooo much stress to get better... Oh well... sooner or later right... lol... Just com on... Sooner would be sooooo nice lol... lol...lol...

Staying out here may be a challlenge today... I am cold.. Going to get tired of this 4 am wake up call... Seems my body says wake up at 4 even thogh my alarm is saying 5.... This morning it was 3:45... I went back to sleep and didn't hear the laarm till 4"15... My goodness you would think someone would have woke me it is set to wake the dead lol... Full blast sound and if I would have not gone back to sleep or gone to sleep earlier I would have been fine... Just didn't have enough time to rest...

Odly enough I go to sleep at night to sleep 20- 30 minutes for a couple of hours and feel like I slept hours... lol... then I get 3 to 4 hours of sleep and feel like I didn't get any lol....
Then I am up too early and can't stay up lol... Makes no sense huh...

Well.. enough.. I have homework for my Dr's to do and I think just figured out how to do it... I have to transfer the info into a chart before tomprrow at 8 am... Or leave it at home lol...

I can cuz it isn't her homework... but it will help with her treatment of me... So I will try today to get it done...

You all try to have a great day... Look forward to spring and spring showers that bring beautiful flowers... They will be here... love to you all... Jan/Dakota

katmandulou responded:
Happy First Wednesday of Spring!

Cool her when I went to my doc, high 30s, and warmed to 48? when I got out! Spring and I have a love-hate relationship. I love the flowers and the birds and hate the rain. LOL

The GI doc dismissed me unless I have a problem. I'm so glad to have this behind me!

Work is, well, working out. I'm getting used to arising at dawn, driving to an office, and sitting in a foreign chair. I am getting used to the people and, soon, the income. First on the agenda - a lavish dinner with DH, who has been so supportive. To me, lavish is someplace where you hold the menu in your hands, and there's a sign on the door reading "proper dress required." We're not far from Providence, RI, and I've got the spot picked out!

Mimi, I don't know what to say. You're right - I thought you were innocent until PROVEN guilty! And since there's no proof, nobody should be hassling your DD. And when it's over, her hassler should pay her atty fees as well!

Jan, too much going on make you feel worse. I know what you mean about the kinds of sleep you get and how refreshed (or not) you feel afterwards. I hope you warm up soon!

Wishing everyone the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Morning everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful 1ST Wed of spring. It's not very spring like here althought the sun is out and its trying to warm up. I am hopeful that by the weekend that we'll have warmer, more like springtime, days.

I got a wake up present from our cat today. ( We found our cat Lovey 2 years ago last February. She was a little kitten, about 3 months, out in the snow. She came running up to me meowing so pietyfully.. we took her in, looked for her owner, never found one, so we kept her and she is just the best cat ever. ) Anyway as I walked down the staircase I saw she was guarding something down at the bottom. It was a dead mouse! EEEKK. She nodded and blinked her eyes with such love for me to take it, it was a gift. It took me a minute to understand Cat.. yes she wanted me to have it. So I told her thanks, patted her head, because I'm now living in a mouseless house, thanks to her. I gave her a treat for a job well done. Go figure cats, she never even looked back at the dead mouse as I threw it in the trash.

MiMi, it just makes my blood boil to hear now you have been dragged into this man's crazy drama. I just can't seem to understand how this NUT is getting away with it. Is he paying a lawyer like your poor DD is having to do? When you prove everything he has been saying a lie can your DD go after him for her legal bills? I hate that durning this time of happines with your GD back in your life this NUT is taking away some of that happiness with your having to deal with his fake charges.

LOU, I am so happy for you! Everything is going so nicely for you.. and that is such a joy. I hope you and your DH enjoy that dinner. Sounds like a great Date Night.

Bit of my family History connected to RH. 2 of my family members were part of the settlement party, way back in the time of the founding of RH. I've always meant to go see RH but have just now gotten freed up by DH's retireement, well sort of retirement, to travel more. I have upper New York state in my sights for June.

I was born in Canadagiua, NY and need to do research on my mother's family. I have already discovered that since my mother married late, had me late, that when I was born my grandfather, who had passed away 6 years earlier, would have been 93. He was born, I nearly fell over when I saw this, in 1855! No kidding. I mean he lived in the time of Lincoln! And no folks I'm not 101. It seems he married a second time after his wife died. He married a much younger lady, 21, my grandmother when he was 45. He was 56 when my mother was born. Looking into one's family History is interesting.

Jan, so sorry that you are dealing with, again, more doctors. I wish you well and hope that you will be feeling better soon.

Okay, got a few things to do around the house. Got some done yesterday, I was having a " do small things" day. I am finding that my fibro wants me to feel " IT " this week.. well I do but it can't stop me from living my day my way.. so I got some things done and have other things to do today getting the house ready for this weekend. DH and I are going over the house tomorrow and getting everything ship shape for the grandkids to tear thru. I just love having my house filled with the noise and laughter of family. AHHHHH

Okay I'll close this here with well wishes to all for a fibro issue and pain free day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

booch007 responded:
Just popped by.... Would you believe I am still working.

The day starts at 6:30 and I just don't stop. I am in fair shape. Most work is on the computer so I am using little energy.

But I am having a hard time doing the urology set up....so much more than I thought......He is a great guy though.

I just wanted you all to know I am alive, not able to look at posts. I am working Saturday too this week to train the staff on the computer programs for Columbia........

You all know I love the med of DISTRACTION...weel "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR....YOU MIGHT JUST GET IT!"

I have gotten massages twice to help with problem spots and adjust the tramadol up a notch...so I am DRAGGIN the dragon with me on this ride.......

I think I have 2 months of work ahead and then it will calm down again.......so, I am OK...and I miss checking in on all of you, I hope things are well.

Mimi I haven't even looked at facebook or email...barely even TV. I come home at 6-630 and eat...and to bed soon after.

Hugs to all the fmily, Nancy B (shots on Monday!!)

mnjeepguy responded:
Today is a day of good and bad. Lets start with the good. I have been in my training program for millwright at work, for a year and a half now. It came with 86 books I had to read and test out on. I had 14 left 2 weeks ago and today I am down to just 5. I have put the hammer down hard to get this done with and I am close. My running average is 90%, not bad.

Now for the bad, they have set up almost no formal training with our experienced people, that what supposed to be set up to fit in with the each book I was on. This never happened and was only spoken of and forgotten. When my books are done in the next week or so I get a small raise and as they put it, ( We will throw you in the fire and see how you do!) Realy?

To put the icing on the debacle that is my "program" cake, they are having my work one day in the middle of the week at 4am-4pm. This will usually be Wed. morning but this week it's tomorrow. The rest of the week I work 6:30-2:30. I am a tad upset, as this could be avoided if the managers did their job. This only came up because they were called on the carpet and had to cover their butt. I wish I had the option to seek other employment. 20 years is a good cap.

My body is stressed and a mess today. We did however, have a nice walk and talked a lot aboutit. The sun was out and it calmed me down.

If I am not on much for a bit it's to finish my studies, take care everyone, you are all in my thoughts:)

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
461 of 536 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.