Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Goodbye kisses for my cat
xperky posted:
Today we buried our cat Pickles. He was a friendly, playful, snuggly cat who adopted us about 6 years ago. His last month was difficult for him, and the last couple weeks he needed hospice care from us. Last night he communicated he didn't have any energy left, as we said goodnight to him in his toasty bed. This morning we found he had died in his sleep.

He loved kitty kisses and would give us a double head bump whenever we said "kiss, kiss." So if you would like to send him some kitty kisses, I'm sure he would enjoy them. Thank you all.
With Compassion,
Margaret

dollbug responded:
Hello Margaret....so sorry for your loss....our pets are like family members....I am sure that Pickles was a member as well. At least he did not have to suffer much.

I do not know if you have other pets....but I do know that after my dog died....I waited some time before I would even think of getting another one. When I finally decided to do this....it was the best thing that I could have done and I wished I had gotten one sooner. I now have 2 little dogs....and I also have several grand dogs as well.

Kiss, kiss to Pickles.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

xperky replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks for sending kisses, MiMi.

We thankfully have two other cats we adopted from my friend's family when she passed away. They were only 1 year old then and are 10 now. There is always that void created by missing the unique personality of each pet, but we do eventually heal enough to accept it. I'm glad you are finding joy with your 2 little dogs. I know you "babysit" for the grand dogs often, which must be fun too.

Thanks again for the kiss, kiss to Pickles.
With Compassion,
Margaret

booch007 responded:
Margaret I am so sorry. I am a cat woman and I only have one at a time...but ohhhh how I love em. The tears for each are so hard. I am so sure the love you shared will be remebered forever.

Hugs from me Nancy B

xperky replied to booch007's response:
Thank you Nancy. Yes, we will always feel our love for him.
With Compassion,
Margaret

angelswife responded:
Oh, Margaret---I'm so sorry. Pets are family and it's always hard to say goodbye. Kiss, kiss to Pickles and huge, soft ((((HUGS)))) to you. XO

Teelady1 responded:
Margaret,

I am so sorry for the loss of Pickles. It sounds like he was a wonderful kitty! You gave him a wonderful loving home and took so good care of him. It is so very difficult to say good bye to our furry family members.

Kitty kisses to Pickles!! and ((((Hugs)))) for you and your family.

Take care.

xperky replied to angelswife's response:
Yes, angelswife, it's hard to say goodbye. I appreciate your hugs and kitty kisses.
With Compassion,
Margaret

xperky replied to Teelady1's response:
Teelady1, we tried to keep him comfortable. I worked extremely hard for the last few weeks. He was having trouble making it to the litter boxes for poo, and we were constantly cleaning the floor, his hair, and his bedding. I didn't know how much longer I could keep it up and I was beginning to flare badly. Obviously he was more tired than I, so I just kept going for him.

Pickles appreciates your kitty kisses, and I your hugs.
With Compassion,
Margaret

Teelady1 replied to xperky's response:
Margaret, I so understand what you went through in caring for Pickles. My Misty, who died a few years ago, had kidney disease and required medications two times a day and in the last months she needed frequent fluid treatments. (3 times a week) When the vet told me she would need daily fluid treatments, I knew both Misty and I had had enough. Like your Pickles, Misty let me know when it was time to say goodbye. It was a very difficult time.

Fortunately, a few years later Holly found me (in photo) and she has brought a lot of the joy back into the house!

Pickles was blessed to have you and the care your gave him - and you were blessed to have him as a member of your family.

(((Hugs)))

jillylin responded:
Margaret, the gentlest of hugs for you. It's hard to say goodbye to our pets, they are like family too. Sending Pickles some kitty kisses and a hug for you.
Jilly in the UK

katmandulou responded:
Margaret:
I have been there when life ebbed from a furkid. Pickles knew you loved him, and I've been glad when one of mine has said "enough." I wish you peace,
Lou

xperky replied to Teelady1's response:
Teelady, I have a neighbor who's cat needed weekly fluid treatments. It was amazing how long they worked! I'm sorry you went through all that with Misty. Holly is a cutie!
With Compassion,
Margaret

xperky replied to jillylin's response:
Jilly, I really appreciate the kitty kisses and hug. I'm having sad times.
With Compassion,
Margaret

xperky replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou, we could tell Pickles knew we loved him. He was very affectionate in return.

Pickles did say "enough" when we all went to bed his last night. He just didn't have the energy to keep trying, and he said basically, "I just want to lay in my nice warm, soft bed, if that's OK with you."

I can't seem to find the peace yet, but I know it will come with time. Thank you for understanding.
With Compassion,
Margaret

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
461 of 536 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.