Skip to content
Thursday *****3/28/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is chilly again today....I am so ready for spring to get here and to be able to *feel it*....
Hopefully once Easter has come and gone...we will know for sure that spring indeed has arrived....for GOOD. No keeping my grandson since preschool is now on *spring break*....and I guess schools will also be on it as well. Most of my family will be out of town so I will have some very quiet days....I wll be looking after some of the grand dogs though.

Today is a really special day for my older son. It is his 36th birthday. My time has flown....I can still remember when he was born. It was a life changing experience this day 36 years ago. He was a big boy weighing in at 10 lbs 15 oz....the doctor told me the morning he was born that my baby would be around 7 lbs or so...this was after they x-rayed me. I was in labor but ended up having a c-section and the doctors were quite shocked, to say the very least. Later they decided that he should have been born a month earlier. My other 2 weighed 8 lbs and a half. I also had c-sections with them as well. My pelvic bones were small and curved which the doctor did not know until the day he was born. It is interesting though that sometimes doctors do NOT even know about things that we think they should.

We will have a great Saturday....since I plan to celebrate twice with him....since we will have time with my granddaughter....What a good celebration this year will be for them. I am so happy that she is now part of our family again. And next Saturday she will be with use for 10 hours....I know she is anxious to spend more time with all of us.

So do you have big plans for Easter? Like I said it will be quiet for me. But that is ok as well. Quiet is good.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find the right combination of *tools and tips* that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does take a trial and error process to be able to figure out just what the body needs...but hang in there and I am sure that things will indeed get better. Learning about how others cope is important...and especially learning that there are ways to *dance with the dragon instead of dragin the dragon. (Nana B's saying)
This is indeed a process which has to be learned. Somehow it becomes *magic*. We have to remember though that the dragon is still *lurking* and waiting for a chance to rear its ugly head at us and wrap its tail tight around out body...so we must learn how to stay a few steps in front of it.

Vitamin D.....again be sure and ask your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. I am still quite concerned just how we no longer get enough Vitamin D. I am not sure we will ever have the answer to this though.

I do hope everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more as you prepare for the Easter week-end. Remember the reason for this time of year.

Take's all for now.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I know I haven't been here much lately...all my energy is going towards dealing with day to day stuff. The financial stress takes a toll, and I've been feeling perpetually tired. I have to stay positive for both of us, though, because Husband is tired and fed up and no longer cares what happens. The stress has worn him down and he has no hope things will get better.

Today it's gray and cold out---yet again---with snow and rain showers predicted. I have to go to a friend's house this morning, to act as a witness while she has a home inspection. She is upset because her landlord wants to raise the rent when he hasn't done any repairs, so she called the building inspector to make a report. Then she realized she'd have to cover her own tracks.

She has three cats. Her rental agreement specifies no animals. I can't help but laugh at the thought of her trying to find a place to hide the cats, food and litterboxes, especially since every room in her place will be inspected. She is also getting rid of the bottles (she drinks regularly); and she told me that when I got there she'd be outside raking the yard. I don't feel right about going; but I "might" be getting paid for doing it. We need the money badly.

On a happier note, Husband and I went for a walk yesterday, and I walked 500 feet WITHOUT MY CANE. Yippee! I was amazed at how quickly my legs got tired; but it felt so good to walk like a "normal" person. I haven't done that for almost a year.

That's all for now...I need to fix some breakfast and get ready to head out the door. It'll be a busy day today.

Teelady1 responded:
Morning!

Finally some more spring-like weather here in No. IL. Upper 40s today. Supposed to get into the 50s this weekend. YAY! That should be warm enough to get rid of the last of the snow on the ground around here.

Been feeling OK. Pain during the day hasn't been so bad - but the pain at night has been constant. I just wish I could get more than 4 hours of good sleep!

A busy schedule for the church choir during this Holy Week and Easter Weekend.

Wishing everyone a great day with little or no pain - and good sleep tonight!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday MiMi, Angelswife, teelady and for to follow.

Real quick post here as I have DH home and when he gets the idea to head out the door I MUST be ready and he wants to leave in about 10 minutes.

My goodness March went by fast didn't it? Gosh, here it is last thursday of the month and April is right on it's heels. I am soooo happy cause for sure, spring will be here in the weeks that follow.

Am I sooo beyond happy to know the cold is going away. Signs fo spring are everywhere now. The trees here are in bloom or have leaves on them. Flowers are out it's getting green. I can't tell you how happy seeing colors other than gray and dead yellow makes me.

It's warm here today. I put the plants out on the back pourch so they could get a bit of sunshine. I am enjoying this while I can as some rain will be here this weeknend. But it will be warm.. a nice trade off for a chage.

MiMi, as for our weekend, we're having family here. Have to get out the things to put food and snacks on, and I'm still getting the house ready for the grand children's sleep over.

angleswife.. yeah you! I am so happy for the long walk, without the cane. Way too go. Sorry about the snow and rain heading your way. You soooo derserve spring! As for your friend?? I hope she pays you for the time you've given her and the house inspection.

teelady, hope your weather/ temps get warmer.. as do we all everywhere in the US about now. So tired of winter, just can't tell you how tired I am.
Guess I have done about all the writing I can here.. so hugs to everyone.
Have a great day.. Linda R

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Hello everyone,

We had a beautiful day here. It got up to 70 degrees! Too bad I had to work today. I would have loved being outside on my deck to soak up the sun.

Mimi - that was one big baby! My great newphew turned 17 years old today. They grow up way to fast. One moment they depend on you for everything and the next they are grown and on their own.

Angelswife: I am happy to hear about your walk without the cane. I know that feeling of freedom was wonderful! I hope everything turns out okay for your friend. That sounds like something I would do!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend. May it be full of jellybeans and chocolate bunnies!

Soft hugs, Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone, first I want to appologize for yesterday's rant. I have been very stressed and needed to let it out. I woke at 3:15 to get ready for work at 4. I was in a tired stupor until about 10am. After that was alright. The day went well and at 4 I was allowed to go home even though the others had to stay until the mill was up and running. If there is a silver lining it is that, and the fact that I should be able to leave work when I hit 40hrs at 10:30 tomorrow.

Mimi, time certainly does fly. I still feel like a kid sometimes and I am 38 and my boys are 9 and 12. It's a constant reminder to enjoy each day as much as we can.

Angelswife, it's good to hear your getting around better withought the cane. I hope things improve and you can shake some of the stress off that you and your DH have to deal with.

Everyone, have a great holiday weekend and remember what I always seem to forget. pace

Cory

BetteK replied to angelswife's response:
500 feet! Wow! That's wonderful. We need more "good news" posts here. Sure we all need to vent sometimes. And we know we won't bore or bother the others who are in the same painful boat. But it is just great to hear milestones towards better days.

Do what you can--especially on good days. Who knows, the next walk could be 501 feet or 600 feet. Whatever. Even one step without the cane is cause to celebrate.

Let us know what happens with the cat lady. Please.

BetteK

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 214 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.