Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy Easter Sunday *****3/31/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Happy Easter to those who celebrate....MiMi in NC...where it is damp and I am hurting....just do not understand why the weather makes a BIG difference in the way I feel....but it does. I guess I will be using my heating pad more today. This kind of weather is not good for the mind or the body.

We did have a good visit with my granddaughter yesterday....she was talking a lot....she was happy and has so much energy....my grandson was not feeling good....so that was not a good thing. And my other grandson is out of town. So it will be quiet today at my house.

So much going on around the country. I read things that I can hardly believe anymore. And I have to wonder what in the world is wrong with people these days. So many very weird and strange things among all sorts of supposedly *outstanding* people, who most would not seem to think that these people were/are capable of doing. And this kind of *corruption* is everywhere. I have to wonder just what people are thinking....or NOT. I can only hope and pray for things to get better. I guess that is about ALL anyone can actually do.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort....as does anything and everything in dealing with the wrath of the dragon. But soon you too will learn how to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon*, (as Nana B says) The more you know and understand about FM....the better you will cope.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....which is so very important for a lot of people these days.

Here is hoping today will be a good day for us all. Remember the reason for this day.

Happy Easter.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning,

"those APRIL SHOWERS....." I can't exactly remember the song, How about IN YOUR EASTER BONNET WITH ALL THE FRILLS UPON IT*** HA!. I haven't wore a bonnet in forever!

I am so glad for a good meeting yesterday. GOOD STUFF MIMI...

I am holding up well with the "arms in" approach to the computer and reread Dr P's note on working...and level to the computer top...helped alot to get this done. I have so many extra hours above my 70 hour check....I think 30 hours or 35 I have put in...so $$$ will be nice to help with the bills.

Today is the Easter hunt for the girls and I can't wait to see them when they pull up. I woke in considerable pain as i got spring fever yesterday and pulled some flower beds and dead brush....C R A P, stupid I know.......pulling is a trigger for trouble! So I am up..heating pad in a bit and try to be ready for the day.

The house is still in chaos as I am working 11 hour days and it is JUST NOT important...IT will get done after we meet our "go live date" nthe office. I am grooming into Urology...who woulda thoguth! Me the CardioQueen....above the waist**above the waist**. But new is distracting and challenging and he is so passionate it is contagious to me....he makes it all so exciting.

I also see the help it is for the patients to know they are OK...or we find the reason for the pain and fix them...mostly old men as clients but in such need...filling a hole in me that hospice did. So I will stay, 2 days a week with him,...2 days a week in cardiology. BUT I have taken the supervisory position to get this accomplished.........

My mind spins at times but I am truly up to the task I think....
I fear my memory will get me in trouble but I am doing well so far....

My ICU skills are a plus in this new adventure and he depends on me for anythign above the waist!...we are a funny team.

OK, going to use the heating pad, or a hot shower...got to get better then this..

I HOPE THE DAY IS BEAUTIFUL FOR ALL THE FMILY, MAY SUNSHINE BE NEAR YOU TODAY AND THE WARMTH OF THE LOVE OF YOUR FAMILIES SURROUND YOU.
Hugs to all, Nancy B

fibroinsd responded:
Happy Easter all..

Took my mom to church this morning..dad wasn't up to it..but then came back, picked up dad and brought them to the house for breakfast...Mom actually ate her whole breakfast...which she usually doesn't do..and now we are getting ready to take a ham over there..

I was shocked and saddened today to see the notice in the obituaries of the daughter of an old friend...The girl was a year younger than my daughter..the girl and her sister had played softball with my daughter ..and the sister of this girl had been in scouts with my daughter..so so sad...I have no idea what happened. I know this girl had been in a terrible car accident in college, but had survived...and now this..I feel so badly for their family...wish I knew what to do..

Glad the visit with the granddaughter went well, Mimi..and Nancy hope your day with your grands was also wonderful..

For all of us..I think these holidays end up adding stress to us that is not good..so I hope you all are enjoying the day, but pacing and getting through ..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Happy Easter everyone,
We are attempting to make the ham with sweet gravy my grandmother used to. The smell takes me back to childhood. We crammed into her little house and always had a great visit. I miss her a lot. Her artwork covers my walls.

I can say I have had an uneventful day but that's good, laying low, good food in the oven and being with my family.

We hit 52 degrees yesterday, amazing. The 32 today was a slap in the face but it is supposed to warm up again in a few days.

Take care everyone,

Cory

Teelady1 responded:
Happy Easter! I hope everyone had a wonderful day!

I was feeling pretty well today - despite the nightly struggle with good sleep.

I'm looking forward to a vacation day from work tomorrow. It's going to bd a movie and crochet day!

Wishing everyone a great night with little or no pain - and good sleep!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.