Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday ****Monday *****April Fool's Day ****
dollbug posted:
April Fool's Day *****another new month also. Can you believe we are now in April? Boy, time flies when you are having fun. doesn't it? Actually it flies if you aren't having fun. MiMi in NC...and it is chilly today....we did have some rain yesterday....I hurt most of the day but I think it was just because of the weather. I am also dog sitting for my grand dogs....gotta love them. So I have having to get out more than I normally do.

We did pizza yesterday for lunch. I did not book since there was only my DH and I. Everyone else is out of town for the holidays. My older son decided to head back early as well.
And then for dinner we had breakfast. I eat breakfast a lot. Eggs are a source of protein and they are something that does not seem to bother my stomach as much.

Here is hoping everyone had a good week-end and enjoyed Easter as well. I hope today will be a good day for us all too.

I have errands to run today. So I will be out and about some. It is always like this on Monday but I just have more to do today than I normally would. I am glad that the weather is going to be better.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better.....so hang in here with us. Ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions...we do understand exactly what you are going through and I am sure that you will find lots of good support here. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure to review the *member toolbox*....and last but certainly not least....ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is important to a lot of people these days.

Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Don't be fooled today as you go about your business...as it is April Fool's Day.

That's all. Enjoy the sunshine if you have some.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

jillylin responded:
Hi Mimi,
breakfast is always good . I have just gone gluten free to see if it will address some of my stomach problems and there is a definite improvement. It's hard to stick to though.
You are sure on about time flying.
hugs
Jilly in the UK

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I am starting to feel better---I had a bladder infection and have been on antibiotics since Friday. Today is the first day in over a week that I've had any energy at all, and that's good. I sure can't wait to be off the antibiotic, though.

The MD put me on Cipro...I couldn't handle the full dose and had to cut it way down. It's still working fine, but the side effects---omg! The list, along with the usual gastro issues, includes headache, sleeplessness, tendon damage, nerve issues, twitching, seizures, depression and (rare) suicidal thoughts. (From an antibiotic??) The warnings also say, "Tell your doctor before using if you have Peripheral Neuropathy". I do; and he didn't mention that. And did I mention the thrush? I've got a mouthful of the stuff. I'm glad my last dose is Friday!

It's nice to be feeling better, though, and not running to the bathroom every fifteen minutes. I'd thought I was dealing with a flare for most of last week. Then I realized by late Thursday it wasn't. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes. How do you really know?

It's warmer out this morning, but it's not going to last. A cold front is due to hit this afternoon, with strong winds, a brief period of heavy rain, and perhaps even a thunderstorm. Then the temperature will drop into the 30s and it will stay there until almost the end of the week. It will be in the 20s overnight, with wind chills in the teens. I thought this was supposed to be April??

Anyway, I'm waiting on a call from my MD; and I'm hoping he'll prescribe something for the thrush without me having to go and see him. I may get out and sweep the deck this morning too, before the cold hits. I can't wait until spring arrives for good!

jillylin replied to angelswife's response:
Hope you feel better soon. Bladder infections are the pits.
Hugs
Jillyxx

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.