Skip to content
Tuesday ****April 2, 2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and I woke up too darn early this morning....I hate mornings like this....when there is absolutely no reason that I have to get up. It would be one thing IF I did not wake up feeling so tired. But when I wake up I then have to get up whether I like it or not. I then wake up the furbabies....(not on purpose though-I think they just know when I wake up). So it then becomes a very long day for all of us.

Yesterday we had a great springtime day. It was nice outside. I was so glad since I had some errands to do. I dislike having to get out in the rain and I hate having to drive in it as well. At least I do not have any long trips to make now....which I am so very thankful for this.

I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all....with lots of sunshine and good weather. I am sure those who have had a very cold winter with lots of snow are ready to see and feel spring. I can not even imagine having to deal with the cold wet snow that some places have had this time.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently....I am sure that soon each of you will find the right combination of *tools and tips* that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. You should allow at least 6-9 weeks of whatever you decide to try (unless, of course, what you are doing is making you sicker) before making a decison as to whether or not it is working. It does take this long to get the full potential of the effects of what you are trying. The body must have time to adjust.

Sometimes doing simple things might also help to ease the pain that you have. I know that my heating pad is a wonderful friend to me. I am still having lower back issues and find that the heating pad does wonders to ease the pain that I have.
Taking a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts is also a very good thing for me to relax so that I can sleep better. Sleep is extremely important for most FMers....lack of sleep actually creates a vicious cycle for a lot of people. So getting the right amount of sleep really can benefit us FMers.

Drinking plenty of water and eating right is also important and keep on some sort of schedule also helps me cope better. And of course my vitamins and supplements allow me to control the FM pain that I experience. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is also important. Learning just how much you are allowed to *push* the body takes time and effort...but it sure some benefit you when you figure it all out. This is a good way to limit the flares which we sometimes create for ourselves.

Vitamin D....again I want to remind the new members to speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good 1STMonday of April everyone. I hope your weekend was extra special. Mine was just the best.

Nothing much to post about so will make this an Hello and hope everyone's doing well post.

It's over cast here, kinda cool and will be cold tonight, but as MiMi posted it was nice here in the SE this weekend. Know warm temps are due in by week's end and then I truly believe this long, never ending, winter is OVER. YEA!

Okay, as I said this is going to be a record setting, for me, post.

Have a great day everyone. Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon. I have been busy as usual the last few days. I too woke much earlier than I would have liked. We moved the dog kennels upstairs the other day and we are adjusting. They are generally very quiet, but my male Basset wasn't feeling well and was whining to go out at 4.

I had a long talk with my boss today about my disappointment with my alleged training program. He was understanding but just gave me the deer in the headlights look. I don't think anything will improve but at least I spoke up. I will be done with the books for my training this week, I will get a small raise for that, and begin more hands on training to get to millwright status and another $1.50 an hr. It will be welcome with the wife not working soon.

It is a very sunny day here and about 40, not bad for where I am. It is supposed to slowly warm up. I can't wait for that, it has been a long grueling winter for my body this year.

I hope you all have a great afternoon and sleep better tonight. Take care everyone,

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.