Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day ****April 3, 2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....it was a chilly day yesterday but the sun was shining....going to be warmer today....I had several errands that I had to do and I did too much. By the time I got home my lower back was feeling like it was going to break....not a good feeling at all. At least I can rest today. I had to get my car inspected....but it failed so now I have to have some work done on it. It is always something to deal with when a person has a house, cars and children/grandchildren.
This is part of life though.

I did rest good last night but woke up too early this morning again. I do not know why either. Each morning when I wake up I had eye problems as well....stinging and burning....I am using eye drops but having to deal with this all the time is not a good thing for me. My eyes seems to be very dry and itchy. I used a prescription for Restatis for a while but it is really too expensive for me to use. So I have used the OTC drops which the doctor said to use.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.....with lots of sunshine to enjoy.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will allow you to cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of *tools and tips* that will work for you. So hang in there and keep on keeping on until you figure out what works for you.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which is so important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I have noticed that the site as been slow recently ....I hope this means that each of you are doing well and are out and about perhaps just enjoying the sunshine. I think we all know just how much the sunshine does the body and mind so much good.

That's all. Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Wednesday MiMi and everyone who follows this post.
I hope your yesterday was good and that your today will be even better.

Not a whole lot to post about. Life is getting less hetic and this is good. I spent my yesterday thinking it was Monday. I guess I got one day behind because I had my GS here and forgot it was his spring break and thought Monday was Sunday.. one day behind.

The weather was okay yesterday, cold ish and over cast but today the sun is out, it will be warmer and from here on in it looks as if spring is here at last. I put everything winter ish up stairs and hope that I don't have to bring them down until November. Yeah that! all the plants are out now. DH had the lawn tracker out again and with each mowing the lawn looks greener. Yeah that too.

Tomorro my middle daughter and her husband, the Marine, and middle grand daughter will be in Nashville and we are going up to see them and have a birthday party for my last grandson who will be 5.

My goodness where did the time go? He's the last of the little ones. No more to follow. Knowing that I tend to spoil him a bit too much. If he wants something I tend to get it for him. So much so that he asks me for things he knows his mother doesn't want him to have. Putting me in a hard place. But even if I turn him down he's okay with it cause Nana can do no wrong

He's Austitic and he doesn't bond with many people but I do okay with him and he really likes me. Example: A few years ago he started calling sweet things Nana's. I would give him lollypops and sweet things every time I be with him so he got the idea that sweet things were Nana's. Cute.

No plans for today except getting my nails done. But it will be nice to be out of doors now that the landscape its so preety here. I waited for what seemed endless cold dreary months for days like today so being out in it will be a joy.

Okay, my best to all. Have a great day everyone.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
kind of a quiet day here..and that is fine with me..I went to work..my DD called to let me know where she was playing in a softball tournament..but I couldn't make it..

DH had jury duty today...so I have an hour all to myself here at home..nice...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening. I had a weird spell today while at work but it passed in a few hours. It could have been the fumes in the maintenance shop today. There were people welding, grinding paint, and drilling cement. Our ventilation is decent, but there was a lot going on in a little space.

It was very nice here today, only 37 or so but it felt a lot warmer with no wind and bright sun. I made sure I was outside foe a couple hours after work to enjoy it. I cleaned up my shed that was hard to get into from the mess of the winter. Now I can function in my work space again.

Mimi, it sounds like pollen allergies to me. Mine start with the eyes. Once they burn and you touch them they water and burn more I assume? I had an attack driving out of state once and as fast as I could stop the car was almost not enough. I couldn't see. Good old Benadryl works well so I keep some in my car and first aid kit at all times. When they bother you wash your face and hands to prevent making it worse. If it's upon waking try changing the pillow case. It may have pollen on it.
They say eating local honey can curb this but I haven't tried, mine are dormant now and I hope it stays that way.

I hope you all sleep well, take care everyone.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory....sorry you had a weird spell at work....I am glad that it did not last but a few hours.

I wanted to tell you that I eat oatmeal every morning with a bit of honey and cinn on it. So I am not sure about the honey helping it....although I could be wrong.
I sleep in a recliner on pillows....but the pillows never touch my face. I am also thinking those that it is indeed allergies. I just might try an over the counter medicine to see if it will help any. I remember having the same issues now for several years. It stops as strange as when it starts.

I hope things are going better for you today.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.