Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hot all seasons not menopause
An_251259 posted:
Last winter (2012) I was quite ill and ended up needing 14 iron infusions. After that I have been constantly hot summer, winter inside or out. I have never since birth been able to sweat which makes this even more intolerable. Last winter and before i wore sweaters, wool blazers and a winter coat...this year 2013 I have had to wear sleeveless tops and no jackets or coats at all.I have very mild Fibromyalgia sometimes going 2 months not needing to refill my Rx. All doctors I ask about it ignore it completely. Should i look for an endocrinologist or where do I turn? I accompanied my daughter and baby granddaughter to Disney World last October and had almost constant heat stroke symptoms in the 80 degree heat...what kind of doctor would know about this?

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome.....MiMi in NC....ok...I am going to make a comment about this....do not know if everyone is like this or not. I think when FM starts that the first several years is the worse with sweating.....I remember well my first summer and the sweat just rolled off me....being outside for just a few minutes would start this. The next summer it was not as bad....do not know why but each summer got better. Last summer was not as bad as the summer before. Now....perhaps this summer will be different...I have no idea and perhaps it is the summer itself and just how *hot* is gets...I have no idea.

I also will tell you that I stay very cool now even in the wintertime. I wear the Cuddl Duds all year long and am ok with them. (they are actually light winter wear)

I also want to say that your post appeared several times....you can ask that they remove the extra posts by clicking on the *report this* DOWN below your post and then you can tell them that multiple posts appeared and to please delete them....you have to do it on each of the posts though. Don't worry...this does happen sometimes. Sometimes the system is slow and perhaps you thought it was not going to submit. I do not quite understand how or why this takes place.

I hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources*....as I am sure you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying.

I would also encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level, if you have not already done this.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dawncostella replied to dollbug's response:
I have found that I am ALWAYS hot. No matter what the temp is outside I am hot. I have a convertable and even when it's cold outside I have the top down because I am so hot. I am hoping MiMi that what you say is true. Maybe this summer won't be so bad! My family can't stand it

BetteK responded:
An,

It certainly won't hurt to see an endrocrinologist about your internal thermostat. Are you drinking PLENTY of water? I carry a huge mug of icewater around all the time in warm weather.

At least your personal thermometer is in one place. If the house gets cooler than 68 degrees, my hands and feet get cold and achey. When it's above 72, I start sweating. If it reaches 74, my brain starts racing, panicing, and just not working. Wierd, huh. Actually, it's just normal fibro.

Please don't get mad at us older girls, but this always hot does make us think of menopause. All the rest of our signals are out of whack, why not the sex hormones, too? Just as my 90 year old poolmate was still having hot flashes, there was a 20 something in with us who needed hormone replacement therapy. Not all bodies work the way they should. With FM, anything's possible.

With the warm weather coming fast, you really should get some answers ASAP. If you are hot now, what will you be like in July? Find out if there is anything treatable going on.
If it is "just" fibro, dig out the fans, find some factory air, and be sure to ditch synthetic fibers. Cotton is COOL.

Towards better days,

BetteK

settingangel responded:
Hello there,

I just felt compelled to respond because I have had FM for 4 years now and with the last two and a half years I have found that I'm more and more prone to feeling like I'm running a fever when I'm working, even if it's in a normal temperature atmosphere. I've had my thyroid checked and it's perfectly fine. It's so frustrating! I have to wet a thin towel and wear it around my neck when I work now and run the A/C at work as low as I can get away with, even during the deep of winter! I would love to know if there's a known cause for it or if it's idiopathic. I would love any input from others

Mubbs replied to dawncostella's response:
Me TOO! I wasn't like this last winter,but I went through a terribly anemic year with 14 iron infusions to cure it and have been burning hot ever since winter , spring and summer day and night. I have to wear sleeveless clothes all year, but hope if i slow my pace and am less stressed it will return to normal ( today i am being optimistic). I'm trying weekly massages and the verdict is out so far. god bless you, you will be in my thoughts and prayers and we'll catch up again.

Mubbs replied to settingangel's response:
If this is in your your mind it's in mine too. I feel like a "drag" when i'm around people happily exercising and working in the hottest days of summer outdoors. I'll never volunteer to go on an outdoor summer vacation again.I miss some family fun things, but i'd be a downer if though I do not mention that I am having heat stroke symptoms...so I'll look at photos of those trips and pray this gets better sometime. I have had FM for 12 years, but never this symptom until last summer.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.