Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday *****4/4/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and more rain is expected to arrive today....perhaps this is the reason that I woke up hurting too early this morning....I was able to drift back off to sleep though and then the furbabies woke me up again. I was still really tired and again I drifted back off for a short nap again. I finally got up but still do not feel like I normally do. I did do some yard work yesterday but not a whole lot. I also did some washing clothes for my grand daughter that I need to take to my son's house for her. ..Don't know whether this has anything to do with the way I am feeling today. I am having to keep tabs on my grand dogs as well starting today. So I will have to be out and about in the weather, no matter what it is.

I was getting gas the other day when a young man approached me and told me he needed gas to get home. Someone had given him a dollar and he had purchased a dollar's worth....I could not even believe this. A dollar's worth of gas would have maybe gotten him down the street a bit. There was a young woman with this young man as well. I helped him with getting gas. He gave me a hug and thanked me. I told him that when he could that he needed to pay it forward. He assured me he would. I often wonder what on earth people are thinking though to get out on the road knowing that they do not have any means of getting gas to get back. There are so many people who still do not have jobs and our country is in such a mess.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. There are no quick fixes. So hang in there and keep on keeping on until you figure out the right combination of tools and tips that works for you. This does take time and effort.

Vitamin D....just a reminder for new members to be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....which is important to a lot of people these days.
Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. The good thing about it is being a *cheap* solution, especially IF it helps you.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Enjoy the sunshine if you have any.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday MiMi and all that follow this post. I hope all you rested well last night and that your yesterday was fibro issue and pain free. I also hope you have a great today.

MiMi how very kind of you to help those two young people. Randome acts of kindess are so special! I used to live in LA and OMG you couldn't go a block on foot without being asked for a dollar or change by five - ten people along the way. I used to stop and help by after a few years of it well, it got the point my heart turned to stone and I just walked by without even seeing them anymore. I try now that I'm not in LA to help when I see a need. And like you ask who ever I helped to pay it forward when they are able and see someone in need. Kuddos to you for your randome act of kindness.

It's over cast here, not cold but dreary... ugh, but OMG am I waiting with baited breath for this weekend and next week, really the end to winter here, when the temps go up to the 70 and near 80's.. I AM SO HAPPY!!

I'm going to make this post a short one as I have to be ready when DH gets home so we can drive up to Nashville to meet up with DD #2 and her family who are driving thru TN to NC. they are staying at the Opryland Hotel and we plan to sightsee for the grand daughter, age 5, have dinner and shop@ the OpryMills Mall before they head to the hotel to sleep some and then head to NC.

Okay, will close this here with well wishes to all, have a great day and one that is fibro issue and pain free.
Gentle hugs to everyone, Linda R

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Thursday everyone!

We have had rain off and on since yesterday. Luckily it has been warm. The flowers are blooming out so pretty. I love this time of year!

Mimi that was so nice of you to help that couple. I try to help people stranded if I have the extra money. I never forget one time when a lady tap on my window of my car. She asked me if I had any money or food. I told her I had no extra money but I could give her some food since I just came from the grocery store. All I had was extra was a pack of bologna. I gave her that and she thank me. I saw her go over to bench where a man was sitting. They tore into that pack of bologna like it was steak. I cried thinking what they must be going threw to eat bolgna like that. The where litteraly straving. It was so sad. I would have given anything if I had money to give them.

Linda I hope you have a good time in Nashville. I love that city. It has so many things to see and do.

Everyone please take good care of yourselfs. I am sending soft hugs to all.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.