Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
wanting to get gastric bypass,
Wolfsong452 posted:
just wondering has anyone tried this? I know it isn't Fibromyalgia, but thought I'd toss it out there.

I have terrible insurance at work, I've on a sliding scale of insurance at the doctors. Thing is, the hospital does not do gastric bypass.

So, I tried to get Indiana Medicaid disability, of course I was denied.

oh bother,

can't afford to pay for this surgery on my own, and it's at least a $15,000 or more surgery.

My PCP said they'd refer me on, even my ortho and rhumey doctor would refer me.

won't do any good if I can't pay for it.

the only possible thing I've heard is that here in Indpls. The Wishard Hospital that I go through, will be combining with another hospital. Community Hospital. Making it to where the whole city is covered, even into another county.

Now community hospital DOES do bariatric or gastric bypass surgery. hmmm? might get the sliding scale insurance to cover it then. Not sure, as I've read somewhere that the age limit is 55, which I am now.

The hospitals won't be combined offically until 2014.

not sure what else to do. In the meantime trying to eat healthier and exercise more.

oh bother,

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.