Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****ROLL CALL *****April 5, 2013 ****
dollbug posted:
TGIF *****and a good Friday to everyone. MiMi in NC and I am really glad that the rainy weather is leaving....it was cold and we had sleet and snow mixture yesterday....IT IS SPRING TIME....good grief. It is going to be a nice springlike week end....OMG....I am so thankful for this. We have 10 hours starting this week-end with my granddaughter. I am so glad since just picking her up and returning her takes an hour. We will be going to my son's house so she can see her room there. I am sure she will NOT want to leave. I am still working on getting her clothes ready to go into her closet. I have to sort them all out and then take tags off of them and laundry them and fold or hang them up.

I did not have a good night's rest and woke up too darn early this morning as well. I made use to the time though and went over early to take care of the early morning run for my grand dogs. They were happy to see me....it was still dark outside though and I think they were a bit confused. I left though giving them a treat so they were ok. During the day I go over every 4-5 hours and let them out.....then I put them to bed by cutting the lights off. They have beds to sleep in.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. Every Friday we have ROLL CALL and invite everyone to check in and update us on whatever you care to share with others here. Of course some of us post every day and so Fridays is not a really big deal....but there are others who do not post all the time and Fridays is a good day to check in if you care to.

I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. There are NO QUICK FIXES to dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It is a very mean and ugly illness and it does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of tools which will work for you. You will find that what works for one may or may not work for you. You just have to keep a *positive outlook though and keep on keeping on*....until you find what works.

I know that it took me a long time before I finally figured out what I could do to ease my pain. I take vitamins and supplements and also do other things as well. I am never painfree, sad to say....but at least I can help the pain that I endure. I have good days and not too good ones as well. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is so important to me and getting enough sleep also is something that I have found is a must for me to keep my pain levels where they need to be. Trying not to stress about anything is also important....this is the one I have the most problems with doing.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all....with lots of sunshine to enjoy. I am looking forward to better weather.

This morning when I left while it was still dark....I could hear the birds singing. Don't know what was going on with them since it was still very dark but they were singing or perhaps talking to one another. I know spring is here being able to hear them.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on first Friday in April.

Enjoy your day and week-end as well.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I'm finally off the Cipro, and hoping the bladder infection is gone. The Cipro made me sicker that the infection did!

It's been a mixed week...I didn't get a lot done since I was feeling so crappy. But yesterday I got out and raked a bit of the yard. I'll be doing more today, without the cane. I'm trying to wean myself off it, because I'm ridiculously out of shape. I can walk two-tenths of a mile now with the cane before my leg gets tired now, but without the cane it's 500 feet. I'll get there!

This morning my van is in the shop. We had to leave it at the market last night and get a ride home because it refused to start. I'm thinking it's either a dead spot in the starter or a loose ignition wire, because it started fine this morning when I went back to meet the mechanic. I don't want to drive it too far, though, until I find out what's wrong. I'm hoping it will be an inexpensive fix.

Mom had cataract surgery this week, and it's looking like there's complications. Her distance vision is perfect, but her middle and close vision are both nonexistent. She is also having flashing lights in her eye. I was supposed to take her to the eye doctor this morning, and now I don't have a van. So that is a bit frustrating. I'm worried about her and hoping she'll be okay.

Aside from that, it's just the usual stuff...I'm enjoying a cup of coffee before I tackle the next part of the yard. Hope everyone's having a good day.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Morning MiMi, Sharon and all that follow. I am so glad it's Friday.

I do hope you all have a good day and one that does not have fibro issues or pain.

Yea it's spring here! Sun's out, warm temps coming right along starting today. Will near 80, 80, I am beyond happy now. I am sure that I will be off the Gabapentin and creams for skin pain sooner than later now. Yippee. Wishing all of you the same warm spring weather too.!

Had a very nice last night. Met up with my 3 daughters and 4 grandkids and did the tour of the Opryland Hotel, which was flooded out a few years ago, but is back in grand style now. So beyond nice. They really did make it better than it was and it was very very nice. A 5 * star hotel back then, beyond it now. Then we did dinner in one of the nice resturants and afterwords took the birthday boy, Shaun, over to the Disney Store to pick out his present. My 2 7 year old grand daughters asked for something and the bill out the door was 65 dollars, not bad but not expected.

I will make my post short. As I don't have alot of things going on here.

MiMi, sorry that your woke up early, know you have a lot on your mind. Am so happy for the 10 hour visits now. And I know she will love her room. Sending best wishes out to you and your family.. and so happy for all of you.

angelswife/ sharon.. am sorry that the Van wouldn't start, sound like a dead spot too. Been there, done that so it sounds like it to me as well. Hope you can get a rebuilt starter if it can't be reserficed. We used to get all our car parts at the wrecking yard. Now with the new cars we have, good luck doing that:(

Okay, my best to everyone.. wishing you a good day.. sunshine and no fibro pain or issues.
Gentle hugs, Linda

katmandulou responded:
Hi Everyone - Happy Friday!

Working is really really great - it's the 65 mile round-trip commute that will kill me. I hate the interstate, with the big trucks and the jerks driving like, well, jerks. Yesterday some jerk in a Maserati came flying up behind me, zigged left, zagged right so he was in front of me, then zagged right again in front of another helpless commuter, so he could get in front of the truck that was now in front of me. Oh, and his muffler needed to be replaced. AAARGH!

I have to confess that I'm not sleeping well, but I'm still getting used to the work thing - you know, up when the sun comes out. DH is happy, at least I'm not stuck in the house for days on end.

Tomorrow is my scheduled blood donation. Instead of going to the blood center, we're going to a local blood drive. DH says the local masonic lodge serve a good (free) breakfast. As long as I get credit for it, I don't care. For the newcomers, I have a genetic thing that makes my liver hold onto iron, and regular scheduled blood donations to get rid of it. The American Red Cross won't use my blood because it was a little more iron, but the RI Blood Center will use it, so I go there.

MiMi, I hope you have lots of fun with your GD. She's a lucky girl with all this love, and I pray she knows it!

Angelswife, I had to take cipro a couple years ago, and got one of those "women's" infections, and had to take something else for that. I hope you don't suffer the same fate!

Linda, enjoy the nice weather, and don't overdo.

I wish you all the best day - and best weekend - that you can possibly have!
Lou

BetteK replied to angelswife's response:
Sharon,

When I had my cataract surgery, the doc fixed my right eye for near vision and my left for far. It sounds like your mom's doc just gave her the implantable contacts for distance vision. Has she tried $ store reading glasses?

For the longest time after the surgery, lights at night were just big blurs. On dark, rainy nights, all I could see were cross-shaped taillights and traffic lights. The first and only time I drove under those conditions I had to pull over and have my hubby drive even though he HATES city driving. This problem seems to have cleared up.

I know what you mean about the commute. Luckily my 34 miles each way were mostly rural because back then I had to get out and stretch my back twice on the way in and twice on the way back.

Sometimes we forget to appreciate the good days. Remembering my working days reminded me that I can now sit in a car for a whole hour before I have to get out and stretch. How ungrateful I am to complain about having to rest the day after trigger point injections or the week after a nerve block.

It is wonderful that you enjoy your job. Doing something you love is worth the commute. I've had a few jobs I hated. They didn't last long. The jobs I loved did. When you do something you love, you do it well, you do it cheerfully, and you still have a spring in your step when you're done for the day--even with fibro.

BetteK

BetteK responded:
MiMi,

It's great that you will have the granddaughter with you again this week. Enjoy every minute!

Is my imagination or have you been having trouble with your sleep for several weeks now? That can be a horrible rut to get into. Please, please, please check out your sleep hygiene. Are you having your evening bath or shower? Are you giving yourself some ME time? Have you limited the bedroom to sleep and private time with your sweetie? Do you go to bed the same time each night and get up the same time each morning?

Those are all the things my M.D. asked me when I was a newly diagnosed FMer. It's easy to forget them and go back to all the old bad habits. I'm guilty there. I read in bed. But I only read dull or old books near bedtime.

Enjoy that wonderful weekend!

BetteK

Wolfsong452 responded:
hurray MiMi, regarding seeing your granddaugher.

Wolfsong452 replied to katmandulou's response:
good for you doing a blood donation,

they don't like it when I come, as I get badly bruised, and very wobbly. They told me not to come back unless it was for an emergency for a family or friend.

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi All... Almost evening here... Might as well say good evening... 5pm... supper time soon and my body is already crying in agony again... lol... ya just gotta be me to understand me sometimes lol... then again ... there isn't much understanding me again... lol... colitis ended.. diabetes is making me crazy but my average is down 3 points in 2 months now still high but at least closet to 6-7... 8.1... as many times as it is crashing cus I am not digesting my food I am lucky to be alive... Crashing down to 42 - 34... makes a gal pretty nuts... especially twice a day most days... then I just get use to the unusual schedule and the fancy antibiotic stops... And then the epidural comes upon me yesterday... And the FM fatigue hit 3 days ago... Yeh just in time to really jeopardize my epidural... luckily I did manage to stay awake for it almost didn't... If I didn't answer his questions he would have quit thinking something bad was happening... luckily I just managed to wipe it off as something he didn't say loud enough... He often forgets I am going deaf and doesn't speak up... So when I drifted off he took it I didn't hear him...

Yeh the epidural... Not put out for... Dr believes you have to communicate thru out it... Asked me not to use hypnosis but I did just to relax... I still felt the pressure and he was nice enough not to tell me when it was going to burn as I asked him to... I told him I braced myself against it when he did and that isn't what he wanted... I did tell him I could feel just enough pain to know it was there... I felt the pressure and the burn and the pressure some more and then the flush like water... and it was done... He said I did well... But I better lie down... lol... I thought I was fine till I went to stand up lol... Then the pressure in my brain swooned and as still swooning at times... think that is the word for it... Hard to think of it when swooning lol...

I take forever doing anything this has taken a long time... Guess I just wanted to say hi and I am still positively hanging in thee... lol.... not too positive if you aren't hanging lol... so I can say I am hanging lol...

Very much in pain now... So... off to bed I go... Me and my seven dwarfs... Not that I feel like a princess... but sometimes my dog feels like many dogs lol... and my grandkids feel like many kids lol... And I feel like singing "It's off to "bed/work"we go"... lol sometimes it is more work to go to bed then it is to go... Tonight it is work... lol... And interrupted a lot lol... I am going off now tho...

Enough of this whatever you call what I am doing lol... not really complaining... not really ranting.... not really just mentioning lol... I don't know... If you do let me know lol... Figure me out and you will be a step above me lol.. and a arm full of dr's and a room full of shrinks lol.. excuse the slang lol...

love to all...

take care and have a great night... Mine is being looked forward to...

Love... Jan/Dakota

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I took today off get a break from work and the stress it has caused me lately. Sometimes I just need to get away for a bit and recharge. One study book left...

The DW and I had a quiet morning of coffee and peace. We then went to Duluth to pick up a few things. We had time for lunch and had a good time. It seems that lately something always has to squash my happy moments though. My back decided to spasm all day and once home I just got completely stressed out with my DW. I am fighting off depression more than ever. I need a bigger sword.

We are in for 4-8 inches of slop by tomorrow afternoon. It should be a delightful day lol. It does make a great opportunity to focus on my last book. I don't think I will be missing out on anything.

I wish you all the best, sleep well gang.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.