Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to fibromyalgia
amrcnracin posted:
I went to dr to get pain pills for my back pain.I had to see a diff dr though cuz mine was gone.he said my back pain was most likely fibromyalgia and gave me muscle relaxer to take at bedtime for 7 days. My mom has fibromyalgia and said muscle relaxers don't work for that.I took with first one last night no luck although today has been better. I'm not finding anything on fibromyalgia and back pain tho....what do u think. I usually take percocet and am better but he wouldn't give me pain pills.

xperky responded:
Actually, muscle relaxers have been found to be an effective treatment for many FM patients. You might find a combination of muscle relaxer and special back stretches and exercises to be quite helpful in the long run. Each of us is unique in what we find to be helpful. I hope you and your mom can lean on each other for moral support.
With Compassion,
Margaret

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.