Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ****April 7, 2013 ****IT GETS BETTER EVERY TIME****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily..a good morning to each of you. MiMi in NC where it is going to be another great spring day..it was so very nice yesterday..started out to be chilly as I waited for my DH and granddaughter to arrive. You see I am not *allowed* to be in the car when DH picks her up from the agreed upon location. And actually someone made a big mistake and left off my DH as well. (it was either the judge or the lawyers-don't know which or exactly how this happened..perhaps it was because both my younger son and his dad have the same names and the judge or the lawyers thought they were one in the same person. Anyway..my son told me that the consent order was NOT what was agreed upon. (I don't know since I was not there to hear or read what was going on).

They arrived though and my granddaughter got in my car and we headed to see her dad....(he lives in another city about 50 miles or so away)....My granddaughter was all smiles and bubbly again....you can just *feel and see her energy*....she has been so very happy with finally being reunited with her daddy....yes....I said all along that they had a *bond that would NEVER be broken, no matter what*....and I was right. This *family bond* has been handed down from several generations now and I am sure it will continue as long as there are children involved.

So we had fun....she arrived and wanted to look the place over, see her room and then go outside to see just where his land was. He has several acres, all wooded though. His house is small but big enough for him and his daughter to enjoy....they are together and that is what matters. A little girl so happy to spend time with her dad and his family. This is how family is suppose to be.

We had 10 hours together and still....it was short....but we will continue and then in May she will be able to have every other week-end with her dad....which will make things even better.

I was really tired when I finally got home....but it was FUN.

I did sleep good last night but still woke up tired again. Not a good thing but I think we, FMers, just learn to accept the things we can not change. It is a way of life for most of those of us who experience chronic fatigue.

OK....I have to ask....did anyone else's computer change? A couple of days ago I woke up and turned on my computer and saw that things were not the same. My favorite list is gone and this morning the computer is now *correcting any spelling errors that I am making on this post*..so now we have this function automatically? Could it be? Or is this *something* just on my computer? I have no idea.

I also noticed that someone used my daughter's name and sent me a message. She thinks her computer has been *hacked*..I have no idea. I did not open it up as I could tell it was not her normal email address. I will show it to her today so she can see for herself.

Computers are good....sometimes....they are good *tools* for most people and then there are people out in cyberspace who want to *take advantage of a good thing* as well...all kinds of weird and strange people in this world of ours. Some good and some bad....so many who are crooked and corrupt...and they are everywhere.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. Just know that it is a process which does take time and effort....there are no quick fixes....that I am aware of....BUT if someone happens to come across something that is....please share whatever you have found with the rest of us....as I think we are all here to find whatever might help us, FMers, cope better.

Vitamin D..we will all soon be able to get out in the warm sunshine and allow our bodies to soak up the natural Vitamin D..I have read though that this is NOT enough for most people though. I know several years ago my doctor tried to tell me that a person needed to be out in sun for 15 minutes on 3/4 of body.

That's it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dollbug responded:
Update****MiMi again....I wanted to say that I ran out of run and then my post would not accept....****so I tried to *copy it and it worked**** I wanted to let everyone know that this *FEATURE* is now working....or at least it did for me. IF and WHEN the *submit button turns gray*....you post will not go through....and it will be *lost in cyberspace* UNLESS you copy and then paste it again. I was able to do this. IT is a GOOD THING.

So....I just wanted to REPLY here and tell everyone.

Don't know WHO, WHY OR HOW this happened....since I have NOT been able to do this in a VERY LONG TIME....but perhaps it has something to do with whatever has *changed* in the way the *cyber world is working now*....really....I HAVE NO IDEA.

Have a good Sunday. Enjoy the sunshine if you can.

I hope to relax and catch up on resting.

MiMi

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
WOW I was going to tell you...by error I saw I could COPY and paste!! That is so great to have that back. (NO SPELLING CORRECTIONS FOR ME THOUGH ...............

So my browser didn't let that through I guess..

I am not big on the spell correct because at times...you see some silly things.

Oh Mimi I have to share that this new** position and work load (despite the crazy amout of hours) I am in a NO to low pain state....I have stopped my pain meds and just stay with the muscle relaxant and Savella.....I am workiing hard but it is my BRAIN....I don't want to lose any headway though so I am going to start walking in the morning before i go in the door...

I have always pushed my muscles to keep moving and felt it was mandatory on my part...and whe they were dysfunctional the neurologist will reset them. Well I don't think I even need shots right now.

"Yes, I know...this tricky dragon may be sleeping, it doesn't mean he is gone**: He can fool the best of us.

But I am going to present my position as a permanenet position to the attendings in a couple odf weeks. I have a staff of 6 RN's now with me to monitor and cases to oversee and staffing to organize so I see an opening for a real positiona s apposed to me doing it all and patients too.....Then I think I will never be happy away from the patients:(. I am such a people person.

I will work on this a bit more. Just to share why I am not around......I did 56 hours of overtime above my 70 hour paycheck! Yes, crazy....needed to do it....was able to do it....and DID IT!!

Re-reading Dr P's guidance for working helped me to set up the computer and chair just right to keep my "arms home" and I am so turned on* by the new division we are building that I am in HEAVY DISTRACTION as well.

So good news.

As far as the Grandaughter, Man no one here is as happy for you as I am. I also know the best is yet to come....such joy for you.

OK, I have only today to make sense of our clothes and food and all the things women do!!

Enjoy spring and all it brings!......NancyB

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B....so glad that you are doing well in your new position. But 56 overtime? OMG....better be careful about working so much. So exactly what have you changed to make such a change in little to no pain? Anything you can share OR do you even know? Like you said....the wrath of the dragon just might be sleeping, for now.

In the beginning when I first was sick....I tried to ignore the fact that something was wrong. I continued to push myself as I use to do and I just kept getting worse. Even now when I cross my line I know it as it is very *LOUD AND CLEAR* that my body does not like it at all....So have you tried any new vitamins and supplements or done anything different?

Anyway....I so hope you continue to feel little to no pain....which is good for the mind and the body as well as the spirit. I keep reading that FM is normally for people up to a certain age....50 something I think I have read....so I guess I was hoping that as I age the wrath of the dragon will leave me alone....(wishful thinking perhaps).

I do know that my stress level is still high....with my daughter's saga....I thought once the saga with my son had calmed down that surely to goodness things would get better....never, in a million years, would I have *guessed* that something worse was about to take place. But it did and we have to deal with yet another *issue*....I keep wondering just what we all will learn from this....as I am sure that is *something* that we need to know.

Throughout all of this I have definitely learned some things....a lot about *Constitutional Rights*....IF people do NOT stand up for what is right....they are only as good as the paper that they are on....nothing more, which is sad.

OK....here is hoping that you will get some rest and catch up on whatever you have to do. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

Have a good Sunday. Try to enjoy some sunshine, if you can.

MiMi

rudyandirmouse replied to dollbug's response:
Good Sunday everyone. I hope your weekend has been nice and that the sun and warm temps have found your part of the country. It sure has found where I live. Yippee. I have the doors open, some windows for the cat to sit in and the heaters are finally all off. YEA for spring! If this weather keeps getting better I will be off the Gabapentin for sure before months' end. Yea for that too.

It's eye candy beautiful here and wonderfully warm and sunny. TGFT! I swear I was thinking it would always be cold, dreary and rainy over me. But NO, it's getting better by the day. Yesterday was great, went up to Nashville's Farmer's Market to get some plants and flowers that I couldn't find at Lowes. Loved being out in the sun and the warm 70 something, just like it is today. If I'm sleeping don't wake me up.

DH is out in the back yard putting in the plants, has his tomatoes in their contianers, not squirrl proff yet tho.
I have my flowers back out and their loving the sunshine, you can see how they've 'popped up ' with just two days with sunny skies and warm temps. I think I am feeling better as well. Doesn't take us FMers long to feel better once we have sunshine and warm temps. So please God make it spring for real this time.

MiMi, so glad your ten hours went so well. I am so happy for you and your family. Hope you get to sleep later tonight.

Cory, Congrats on the completion of the readings.

Nancy, WOW you sound busy.. busy. I went to Walgreen's last night to check out their probotics and couldn't remember which one you had said was so good. HELP. I thought about stopping @ Whole Foods tomorrow after I go see my rheumy ( mi bi yearly exam and my yearly hip x ray.) I was told to get probotics that have many strains to it.

cece, I thought of you today as DH had to spray the back porch for carpenter bees and wasps. I have a respect for bees, but not the carpenter bees.. they'll burrow into your wood beems and nest there making the house a mess of holes. UGH I do so hate them, but I love the black and yellow bumble bees in SD. We didn't have them in LA. I always wondered way.

Not a lot to say here, heading outside to help DH with clearing the flower beds and re mulching um. Then it's off to Latin Mass @ 4.. am hoping to get as much sunshine today as I possible can.

Ok, will end the post here, wishing each of you a great day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

booch007 replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hey Linda, BACID is the best of the best, bought from the pharmacist and very expensive. If I had to do IV antibiotics again I would buy it.

But for everyday I use Natures Bounty as my main company. They are trusted , true and I have dealt with them since the 70's.....

MIMI:

I can say i am doing nothing...that is why I am low pain. I am using my brain muscle more then the body. No repetative B/P's that is a huge trigger I think back up to the neck..and I type with elbows in, in the correct height stool.....

I am just switching back and forth in my mind what i want to do...to ask for this to be permanent or to be in cardiology mmore as the NEED is greater for serious results (I know one attending iS NOT HAPPY that i am missing....
(They feel safe when I am around) I take any crap and am big on safety...but I am loving the learning in GU. It is alot to learn though. I'll keep ya posted on my future .

Hugs to all, nancy B

fibroinsd responded:
good afternoon..

back from church and breakfast..

so glad your sat went well Mimi..and that Nancy's job is going well too..and that Linda's spring has finally arrived..

Yes, yesterday, just as I was heading over to mom and dad's..I noticed a bee in the house..this is not a good sign around my house..and I went up and looked up..and yes..the bees were hovering around my chimney....We have had bees try to nest here for several years and it costs us quite a lot to get rid of them...I think last year we got rid of the ones in the Chimney..and the bee guy said they were "killer bees"...so when the next group tried to settle in the wall in the back yard, we called a bee guy and he said they were reg. bees..but you can't be too careful these days...

Anyway, I couldn't get up near the top of the chimney, but I got some bee-killing spray and tried spraying it up the flue of the chimney from the family room..hoping at least that the smell would convince them this wasn't the place to stay..and I am hoping this has worked..I haven't seen them back....keep your fingers crossed..

hope you all have a nice Sunday...cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. I woke this morning to this:

9" of fresh very heavy wet snow. My back is a disaster but I had to move enough snow to have a place to park and clear the walks, less than normal. My customers in the neighborhood needed less removed as well. We knew it would melt soon anyhow. I let the snow blower do the work and took my time.

As for computer stuff, I have auto correct in all of my forums now. I think it was part of a Oracle Java update. I'm not sure. My computer is normal otherwise.

It is good to see all the posts here today. I hope everyone has low pain and sleeps well tonight. Take care everyone.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
OMG****Cory I know that you want spring to arrive there....I do not think I could stand living in your state at all....I sure hope this is the last snow you have this year....

I hope your back soon gets better....I know just how bad back pain can be.

So the Oracle Java Update....did this happen everywhere or do you know....I was a bit upset since all of my favorites were lost in cyberspace (?) I have no idea.

Take care and I hope you have a good Monday.

MiMi

dollbug replied to dollbug's response:
Good grief....I meant to say I ran out of ROOM....heaven help me....as I do NOT proof read my post before I submit them. Sorry guys....I am sure everyone knew what I meant. Sometimes I wonder where my brain is....somewhere lurking I guess.

This is a good thing though....still don't know where my *favorite list* disappeared to though.

Hope everyone will get some good rest tonight. I think I will take a bit of a muscle relaxer again. It seems to really help me to sleep better. I need it as well.

MiMi

Wolfsong452 replied to dollbug's response:
well hello MiMi.

guess it is no longer Sunday, it's early Mon. morning, technically it's 2 am Mon. morning.4 more hours to go at work.

not much going on, slept on and off all day Sat. & Sun. had wanted to goto the Hoosier Horse Fair, but didn't have anyone who could go.

oh bother,

hate going places by myself. Now I know why people have children, then grandchildren.

so have a goo night sleep everyone.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.