Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tired of fm
Jp0577 posted:
Any one?

Take the Poll

Would a pain management help me if I am allergic to all pain pills and most fm meds.
  • Not sure how this web site works. New to it
  • ??
vote
View Poll Results

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome. MiMi in NC....yes, I think all of us FMers are quite *sick and tired of dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. BUT....we have no other choice in the matter. We certainly did not chose this path that was provided for us to figure out and it is a roller coaster for a lot of us to figure out how to manage it each and every day, for the most part.

I am not sure that a pain management clinic would help you if you can not take anything. There are other options though. Have you tried any of the vitamins and supplements? After trying different medicines and finding out that they did not help me enough either without causing side effects....I did my own research and figured out the right combination for my body to cope better. I am NOT painfree nor do I expect to be....but I can cope better than I did when I first got sick.

I hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources*....as I am sure you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of. It does require a trial and error process to find what works for you. We are all different and what helps one person may or may not help you. Only you will know when you have found something that works for you.

I noticed that this post appeared multiple times....you can click on the *report this* button of each extra post and a form will come up and you can ask WebMD to delete it....(do it for each extra post)....sometimes I think the system is slow and perhaps you hit the submit button several times....I think we all have done this a time or two.

I would also encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

This is a friendly site and I am sure you will catch on....just post whatever you care to share with us and other FMers will reply. It is kind of slow on week-end.

I am sure others will chime in.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.