Skip to content
planting
Wolfsong452 posted:
well I noticed that no one commented on some of my posts. That's ok. coming here to babble makes me feel better.

I've been in a seed exchange, actually since I haven't had a garden for years I'm more on the seed aceptance. What I'm hoping to do is get everything started get the plants a certain height, then sell them to people wanting to have a garden.

Well, got down an oh my goodness, found out that I have almost 35 packages of seeds. Now some packages only have 5 seeds in it, others have 20-50. oh dear, now how the heck am I going to get these started and them sell them?

I don't have enough containers. I don't want to have something large so that I can plant small rows assorted items. I'd probably forget which one is which.

I have mostly Heirloom varieties of all kinds of things, flowers, tomatoes, herbs., etc. I think I bit off more than I can chew.

I'm not wanting to plant any of these in my yard, well maybe some of the flower ones. Sheesh,started out with the herbs, cilantro basil, chives, garlic oregeno etc.

eeek,

dollbug responded:
Hello Sharon....MiMi in NC...I wanted to remind you that the week-ends are a bit slower. I am hoping people are out and about and getting some of the natural Vitamin D that we all need.

So perhaps you can get some of the little boxes that you can cut to put your seeds in. The rectangle has maybe 36 individual spaces to put the seeds into to start them. I guess it is a seed starter set. I think walmart probably has them. I do not remember just how much they are. That would be a good way though to start the seeds and it would be easy for you to handle as well.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

schrode responded:
Good luck with your planting. Just remember to pace yourself and that pots get heavy really quickly!

Soft hugs,

Deb

xperky responded:
Those peat pots are good starting pots. Get yourself the tray that they fit in so you can water. I like to stick popsickle sticks in the pot after writing the plant name with a Sharpie.

Enjoy your planting! It's so fun to watch the seedlings pop up.
With Compassion,
Margaret

Wolfsong452 replied to xperky's response:
decided to only plant the herbs, as I have enough pots for those. I do not want to have a garden.

I have been planning on tilling the front yard just a bit, putting rocks around the trees, then throwing some flower seed down haphazard in what used to be the grassy area. Not sure if this will work, or it might need too much watering. I'm getting tired of cutting the grass in the front, as the yard is small, and it's mostly tree roots.

Thanks guys, pacing, pacing, pacing

xperky replied to Wolfsong452's response:
You might be able to get some kind of ground cover, ivy, shade-loving plant, to grow under those trees.

Careful using a tiller around tree roots or you might damage the roots and cause the trees to get ill.

I sure do understand about the bother of mowing. It sounds like you have a good spot for something other than silly grass. Who invented the idea of lawns anyway?!
With Compassion,
Margaret

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.