Skip to content
Tuesday ****4/9/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is going to be another nice day but rain is headed our way also. I love this kind of weather which is not too hot and not too cold....just right....it has indeed been nice for several days now and I think my body has felt a difference as well.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest. I know that I did....but I am still tired this morning. I still think my thyroid is not exactly right. I have done the iodine test several times and it disappears really fast. Don't know just how accurate this is though in telling whether or not the thyroid is working right.

Not a lot going on with me today. I had to do some errands yesterday. I think I keep my grandson today. Not for sure yet whether or not his dad will be home. It will be a nice day though for us to get outside. He has his swings and trampoline to play on. Of course this is better when he has someone to play with.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to figure out just what might work, which does take time and effort, so keep on keeping on until you figure this out. Check out what others have found that has helped them cope better. We are all different and what works for one may or may not work for you. But I am sure you will eventually find something that will also ease the pain that you deal with each day.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. This is important for a lot of people. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Here is hoping everyone will have a *great* day....with lots of sunshine and little to no pain.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

vicki68 responded:
Morning MiMi,

Sounds like you've got a good day going. Cannot wait to have grandkids, although it will be a few years. I am loving coming to this community and learning as much as I can. I hope you have an awesome day. It's supposed to be close to 80 here today and rain tomorrow. Will take the dog for a walk and clean house.. can't get much for exciting than that lol... take care everyone x

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Morning MiMi and to those who follow. I hope your yesterday was a good one and that the weather where you are has been warm and sunny.

I am up way too early, but I guess that's good as I have things to do this morning. Nice to get at them earlier than I would have had I been able to sleep past 6 a.m.

It's been eye candy wonderful here the past few days. Thank God.. and it will be again today and tomorrow. Thursdaylate however we've got to batten down the hatches as it going to be a stormy, bumpy weather late night and early morning. UGH, the change over from winter to spring is always bumpy in the SE.

Have a few errands to run this a.m. so will enjoy the 80 degree day and sunshine while out and about. Today is the one day a month that my BBF does her luncheon for the seiors. And my BFF is going to shut down her catering business as of today. So today will be the last of the senior's luncheons for me. Kinda sad about it, but then again NOT. A lot of pyhsical work for very little pay. Most people don't know that, they think cause they paid 6 or 7 dollors for the meal and service it covers it and then some. OH sooo not true. Most people working for a caterior get 8 -10 dollars an hour and boy does one earn it. Today I will be working for free cause it's my gift to my BFF.. she's always been so good to me, I want to give something, even this little bit of help, back on this last day working of working together.

Speaking of working I'd better get my back side up and moving so I can get there on time.

Wishing each of you lots of sunshine and warm breezes, an all around wonderful day.. a fibro pain and issue free day..
Gentle hugs, Linda R,

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!

It's been warmer here, but the weather is unsettled. We're due for showers tonight and tomorrow afternoon, then heavy rain on Friday. After that it will cool off again. It's going to be in the 60s today, though, That will feel really good!

I have a very small job for a client this morning. She wants me to pick up all the sticks in her yard. It will help ease me into working again. I will only be doing part time this year while my leg continues healing, but it will feel great to be out and doing something. I haven't worked in almost a year and a half---I got hurt just before my season started last year. Would you believe this Saturday it'll be a year since I got hurt?

I'm also going in for a quick checkup...the bladder infection has settled, but I've been having pain in the lower right side of my back for a couple of days now. No fever or anything, but the pain refuses to settle, and my back is tender there. Husband tried rubbing it last night and I really yelled. So I'm getting tested to be on the safe side. I want to make sure I'm not starting a kidney infection.

Not much else to say...I have to be out the door in a few minutes. Hope everyone has a good day!

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... Me again... out of my sick bed again hopefully for a day at least lol... My poor son is hurting and needs a rest... So if I can get my granddaughter to cuddle up and mend some bridges as we have had a hard haul lately... and I can rest and she can rest her sinus cold... we can watch some cartoons and princess movies I have taped lately... Maybe she will mellow again and we can move on into salvation again... Just had a few discipline problems and she doesn't like them any better than I do... But I have a post about that... If I can get posts sent lol...

I am not as slow today... I am actually thinking better and a bit less comatosis... So I am hoping today is my day to do some things for me like read a good book on my tablet... Maybe talk to my nieces online... They need more attention... They want to come down this summer to see me... First time since they were children and they have children of their own now.. It will be good... They don't get along with my parents... I don't know how to break the news to them... I won't until it is a definite...

I also want some quality time with my oldest son... He has been hurting and has taken over the kids and I need to make him feel appreciated... When I am ill he is the one I snap at the most... He doesn't take it like a pro... He hurts bad... He is a lot like me... very sensitive... very kind... very loving... and snaps right back... which throws me deeper into a spell... not good...

So I always have some mending to do now a days... I am on more meds for my psych... I think it is helping... Wasn't near as bad this time I think... But I was pretty confused and out of it this time... He kept mentioning the hospital... I kept saying no no no... I be fine just a flare.. He had a day he couldn't wake up last week and now he understands better... He has FM too... We all 3 do here... Prayerfully it will skip my daughter... The only thing that worries me is she has dizzy spells they can't find a reason for... But I will be with her for a month in June and maybe I can see if it is blood pressure... She won't go daily to have it read... I have my machine... She is a good gal and lives with 5 very active children and suddenly an inactive husband lol...

well... that should have went into my message... I will shut up now and send a message out... lol... be my first update in awhile... hope someone still remembers me and wants to catch up lol...

Everyone... Stay positive and cool... Todays pain is just that... Todays... Don't dwell on yesterdays or tomorrows... And cherish the blessings of today... For even thru the pain there is a blessing... You can walk where someone out there never will... You can feed yourself where someone is being fed... You are a blessing to us all here... So you aren't useless and you definitely have purpose... I grow from you even if you never say a word... For I grow from the words I write you...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

mnjeepguy responded:
I wish it was warm here, not so much though, 34 the last time I looked. I fed the outdoor cat, the wild one I have spoke of before. he is pretty tame with me and visits by peering in the front window every evening.

Today was another rough day for me, the back does not want to give me a break. Normally if I do deep breathing and lean into the pain it will crack and give some relief. It will only fight me. After a stretch I have to very slowly move back to a normal position or I get a nasty sciatic pain down my right hip and thigh. As Jan said, it's only today's, stay positive.

I have a massage appointment Thursday, I hope to stay in one piece until then. My therapist can usually unlock me for a bit. Here's hoping.

I wish you all a good night, take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.