Skip to content
Good Morning.. new here
missist posted:
Hi, Just joined webmd, and was hoping to meet others with fibro & compare notes/ trade support etc.

I was dx'd in 1988 after a 3 year search for pain relief. My major symptom was pain and stiffness for about 15 years then suddenly not so much. After a break from lots of pain for 5 or 6 years it apparently returned this time attacking mainly my hands but also neck shoulder which have always been stiff due to degen. disc/oa, Currently I no longer work outside the house my main issues are mood, depression, and neurological weirdness--moreso than pain. My doctor says I have 'chronic pain syndrome' that my cns has become sensitized. He says I'm 'text book' for it--but I can't find that book anywhere. LOL. Anyhow-- I have constant buzzing in my head, weird electrical things in my head and body while sleeping, continued issues with my hands for which I get meds. I wobble, I get very stiff and stay that way and I now have trouble in my butt/upper legs-- that to me feels as if I have a disc out someplace--nerve pain.

Its all weird. I am just starting celexa to boost serotonin and gabapentin to treat my nerves. I also take a low dose of amitryptilene for nerve pain, blood pressure meds, alergy meds, sometimes asthma stuff, and celebrex 2x a day for pain.

I feel pretty isolated by this, I'm home most of the time & I work at a little etsy shop where I sell things I make, instead of working at a job anymore. Hubby can afford me home, but I do worry sometimes about the future as we went through all that financial stuff -unemployment/relocations/ living off the savings etc. for several years and now have not got very much for retirement which is about 15 yrs. away.

I had hoped to help him with that--but looks like my 'job' is more to keep me busy than amass sums of money. Also looks like I'm lucky I can do that.

So anyhow I live in sunny south carolina on a little fishing lake. He works 3 hours away so comes home a couple times a month.

I enjoy nature and art mainly and writing-- (duh--this is so long)

Well hope to meet you all.
Mary

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Welcome Mary... You have come to a great place to find friendship and support.... Don't feel bad about being long winded... I too am a writer and use most of the space allowed lol... I am soooooo into talking I don't know what I am rattling about most of the time...

I also am Parkinson Dancing tonight so I may have a few exttra letters that pass me by... I don't always see the line to correct cuz I get a headache with the Dance lol... Life is so interesting in the life of Jan... lol... I have multiple illnesses...
Among a few FM... Parkinson's... MS... and this group is wonderful to listen to them all... And then they even love me even so in return... lol...

The first thing I try to do is accept things that are happening to me inside and out... and keep things as casual for my friends and loved ones as I can.. They ask how I am I am hanging... Having a Parkinson's Ballet Day... Or Rap Day... Or even a Country Ease Day.... ...lol...

They think I take things so easy... Sometimes I do and sometimes if you are my best friend I can tell you how I really am... Or if you are my daughter... or son... But even so... I try to stay as positive as I can... Keeping the miracles of my life upper in my thoughts and mind... And I do have them... Every step I take... With my walker or without... Sitting in my wheelchair.... I am out of bed... Even in bed... I am alive...

I have a dear family that loves and supports me... My son's take care of me and I live with them... they don't live with me lol... I am looking forward to spending some time with my daughter and her husband and their 5 kids in June... God willing I will find enough health... And then if I can I might bring 2 kids back for 3 weeks... and have a couple of nieces come see me I haven't seen since they were babies and youths... So I have a lot to get better for and a lot to look forward to.. I have tpo take it one day no one moment at a time... I just got done with my upteenth bout of colitis which is a chronic problem.... and it likes to return in a couple of months... Not this time... I just have to avoid it...

See I talk too much... I told you way too much about me you must be bored.... lol... I am feeling better... But tired... So I hope you are happy to be with us... I found the best way to get to know the group was to read the "Members ToolBox" it is located here...

http://forums.webmd.com/3/fibromyalgia-exchange/tip/5

You can also get some ideas as to how we deal with our FM... It is written by the members here... about just that... But I got great insight to the people here thru reading it...

I will go now.. Blabbed enough..

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

missist replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Hi Jan, you didn't talk too much at all.. I very much enjoyed it all! Thanks for the tip about the toolbox too--I'll read that.
I'm having company in May, 2 of my sons, and a girlfriend, a wife and 2 grandkids. Can't wait, but am a little worried about keep ing up when they come. We'll work it out.
Thanks for the welcome!
mary

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
485 of 560 found this helpful