Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Good Morning.. new here
missist posted:
Hi, Just joined webmd, and was hoping to meet others with fibro & compare notes/ trade support etc.

I was dx'd in 1988 after a 3 year search for pain relief. My major symptom was pain and stiffness for about 15 years then suddenly not so much. After a break from lots of pain for 5 or 6 years it apparently returned this time attacking mainly my hands but also neck shoulder which have always been stiff due to degen. disc/oa, Currently I no longer work outside the house my main issues are mood, depression, and neurological weirdness--moreso than pain. My doctor says I have 'chronic pain syndrome' that my cns has become sensitized. He says I'm 'text book' for it--but I can't find that book anywhere. LOL. Anyhow-- I have constant buzzing in my head, weird electrical things in my head and body while sleeping, continued issues with my hands for which I get meds. I wobble, I get very stiff and stay that way and I now have trouble in my butt/upper legs-- that to me feels as if I have a disc out someplace--nerve pain.

Its all weird. I am just starting celexa to boost serotonin and gabapentin to treat my nerves. I also take a low dose of amitryptilene for nerve pain, blood pressure meds, alergy meds, sometimes asthma stuff, and celebrex 2x a day for pain.

I feel pretty isolated by this, I'm home most of the time & I work at a little etsy shop where I sell things I make, instead of working at a job anymore. Hubby can afford me home, but I do worry sometimes about the future as we went through all that financial stuff -unemployment/relocations/ living off the savings etc. for several years and now have not got very much for retirement which is about 15 yrs. away.

I had hoped to help him with that--but looks like my 'job' is more to keep me busy than amass sums of money. Also looks like I'm lucky I can do that.

So anyhow I live in sunny south carolina on a little fishing lake. He works 3 hours away so comes home a couple times a month.

I enjoy nature and art mainly and writing-- (duh--this is so long)

Well hope to meet you all.
Mary

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Welcome Mary... You have come to a great place to find friendship and support.... Don't feel bad about being long winded... I too am a writer and use most of the space allowed lol... I am soooooo into talking I don't know what I am rattling about most of the time...

I also am Parkinson Dancing tonight so I may have a few exttra letters that pass me by... I don't always see the line to correct cuz I get a headache with the Dance lol... Life is so interesting in the life of Jan... lol... I have multiple illnesses...
Among a few FM... Parkinson's... MS... and this group is wonderful to listen to them all... And then they even love me even so in return... lol...

The first thing I try to do is accept things that are happening to me inside and out... and keep things as casual for my friends and loved ones as I can.. They ask how I am I am hanging... Having a Parkinson's Ballet Day... Or Rap Day... Or even a Country Ease Day.... ...lol...

They think I take things so easy... Sometimes I do and sometimes if you are my best friend I can tell you how I really am... Or if you are my daughter... or son... But even so... I try to stay as positive as I can... Keeping the miracles of my life upper in my thoughts and mind... And I do have them... Every step I take... With my walker or without... Sitting in my wheelchair.... I am out of bed... Even in bed... I am alive...

I have a dear family that loves and supports me... My son's take care of me and I live with them... they don't live with me lol... I am looking forward to spending some time with my daughter and her husband and their 5 kids in June... God willing I will find enough health... And then if I can I might bring 2 kids back for 3 weeks... and have a couple of nieces come see me I haven't seen since they were babies and youths... So I have a lot to get better for and a lot to look forward to.. I have tpo take it one day no one moment at a time... I just got done with my upteenth bout of colitis which is a chronic problem.... and it likes to return in a couple of months... Not this time... I just have to avoid it...

See I talk too much... I told you way too much about me you must be bored.... lol... I am feeling better... But tired... So I hope you are happy to be with us... I found the best way to get to know the group was to read the "Members ToolBox" it is located here...

http://forums.webmd.com/3/fibromyalgia-exchange/tip/5

You can also get some ideas as to how we deal with our FM... It is written by the members here... about just that... But I got great insight to the people here thru reading it...

I will go now.. Blabbed enough..

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

missist replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Hi Jan, you didn't talk too much at all.. I very much enjoyed it all! Thanks for the tip about the toolbox too--I'll read that.
I'm having company in May, 2 of my sons, and a girlfriend, a wife and 2 grandkids. Can't wait, but am a little worried about keep ing up when they come. We'll work it out.
Thanks for the welcome!
mary

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.