Skip to content
Hump Day ****4/10/2013****
dollbug posted:
A good morning to each of you....MiMi in NC and it is already 60* plus....it got up to 80* yesterday and it headed to 85* with chance of rain on Thursday and Friday. I think spring is finally here, perhaps to stay this time. Being fooled off and on with cold spells just does not suit me at all. I am so glad for the nice weather.

Yesterday was a nice day but it started out not too good. I got worried about my DD who I could not contact and I panicked so that I finally got ready and went to check on her. She was ok and still sleeping. This is not the normal though. I dislike getting into this feeling so early in the morning. It is not good for the mind or the body. I do not understand why I react to things so differently than I use to. It is almost like a *fight or flight* feeling, is you know what I mean....very stressful for me.

I did rest good last night, woke up too early this morning but was able to drift back off to sleep for another couple of hours. This helped me. I hope today will be a good day for all of us. I hope everyone will soon have some warm sunshine to enjoy. Sunshine is so very good for the mind and the body.

Interesting thing I heard on the news....it was reported that over 500 million people now do not have tvs in their house. Up a lot over what the number has been. So it seems like more people are getting the ipads instead. It is funny just how much things have changed. The modern technology has made such a difference for a lot of people. One of the counties close by got a grant of money and purchased each child an ipad so the children can learn how to use them in school. Interesting concept to me since a lot of children should be taught to read and write above anything else. I guess the schools are making sure that these children know just how to use computers.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort to figure out just what might work for you.

Vitamin D....with the warm weather approaching we all can get out and enjoy the warm sunshine to get some Vitamin D. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great day with little to no pain....remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week everyone.

It's going to be really nice here today, again, in the low 80's. But tomorrow night and Friday morning maybe not so much. Their keeping an eye on the storm heading towards us. We're being told to batten down the hatches as it can pack a whalop with rain, winds and hail. I do so hate to spend my time down in the storm shelter, esp late at night.. so beyond scary. After that some cold air will settle in over us dropping us down into the 60's for a couple of days. Yea spring is trying to get in the back door here.

Well got my senior's luncheon done yesterday and was told that they need us for May. We were not going to do May since BFF was going to be out of town, as was I. But they moved the date to when we'd be here. UGH. But after May that's it. BFF just can't afford to give meals away. Yesterday's meal went over by 75 dollars what they paid BFF.. one can not keep making the senior's luncheon a charity event.

I have to get up from here and get ready to go out the door. I have to go back to the church and take the dishes we used yesterday out of the dish washers and get them back into the cupboards. I don't mind the trip back but I hate that I have to go. Wished it had been possible to get them finsished while there but the dishwashers don't work as fast as BFF and I do.

I am waiting on the test results of the bone density, Vit D3 and B12 I took at my Monday bi yearly exam with my Rheumy.. Vanderbilt usually sends me an email with the results within a day of the tests but I haven't gotten one back yet. Thaought it just might be in my mail box this a.m. but nothing so far.
Hope all is well in the bone density department. I was told that I have Ostropena, barely, but shouldn't need any shots or infussen. Whew for that, but won't be for sure until I hear back from them.
Am sure the D3 and B12 are good. I try always to get enogh D3 and B12 since both are so important to those of us with fibro. I also got refils of Gabapentin, which I will get to get off of in a a short time now that the sun and warm temps are back and Flexril which I take only as needed. This past winter I have only had to take it a few nights, but OMG did it help.

Okay, guess I should get up and get moving. Wishing each of you a great day.. a day where there is sunshine and warm breezes...
Gentle hugs, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
HumpDay!

A quick check-in today. I saw the rheumy this morning, and everything's good. I go back in August.

Somedays I feel badly because I feel good most of the time. So many of my friends don't have the same experience, and that makes me sad. I truly wish everyone felt as good as I do on most days.

Enjoy the beautiful weather - it's in the 50s here, after being in the 70s yesterday. They've predicted 40s and rain for Friday. I'm glad I'm working, so I won't be sitting at home brooding.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

fibroinsd responded:
Good Morning..

Have to get ready for work shortly..

On the way home yesterday, and I got gas for the car, and notice I had radiator fluid leaking out...not a good sign..got home..DH put in more fluid..but I insisted this morning on taking it to the repair guy. I was hoping it was just a hose..but no..the radiator..so another $500 in car repair bills...I know everyone thinks I need a new car..but I cannot afford that right now. So repair it is and hope that the rest of it holds together..

I know what you mean Mimi..by the panic mode we get into so easily..I sure do...I know it is sort of a post traumatic stress disorder type of thing...so easy to panic..when it really isn't unreasonable, considering all that has gone on..glad your DD is ok...but I know you and she have a lot to deal with..and I don't think the ex-DIL is going to go away quietly...

I see on the weather report that the southeast is having some beautiful weather..well..I guess nice all the way up the east coast...so a few of you should be enjoying it..but there is a really bad storm coming across the middle of the country..so hope those in its path are ok..enjoy the day Linda..I have a feeling that you will get hit tomorrow..

it is a nice day here today..I will try and enjoy.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Anon_408 replied to fibroinsd's response:
I had a radiator crack in mine, it's a 97 Camry, and they replaced the radiator, hoses, antifreeze and all for $325. I agree, it's cheaper to repair an older car then it is to buy a new or newer one. Car tags, payments, sales tax, it all adds up.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. We are getting caught in the edge of that big storm. They are talking 8 to 12" of snow and winds up to 40mph. I am not looking forward to that. I can already feel the storm.

I am having a bad day with my body. I am hoping tomorrows massage keeps me moving again for another month.

My wife drives a new car and mine is a 98. It's nice to have a new car but if an old car is cared for it is just as reliable. Even a new engine often worth the cost vs. a new car.

Here's wishing you all a good night. Take care everyone.

Cory

maggiethedoglover replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hey Cory,
I hope that storm isn't headed to Wisconsin. I guess it would have been here by now. We did have some snow mixed with rain last night...maybe that is the extent of it for us. Are you in northern Minnesota? It's been raining here, cold bone-chilling rain, for the past 4 or 5 days. the forecast says it will rain every day for the next week except Saturday. No wonder our old bones are aching here.

The new puppy keeps me walking anyway, but the walks are shorter when the weather is bitter. Here's hoping we all get a little spring in our lives soon!

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

mnjeepguy replied to maggiethedoglover's response:
I am located 23 mines NE of Duluth MN. It's a beautiful place to live.....in the summer lol.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.