Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Damp, Damp, Damp. Ache, Ache, Ache.
BetteK posted:
Am I the only one who has a hard time on the days when it's humid?
I've always said that my worst fibro was in the spring and fall when the changing weather brings a lot of rain and days that are just damp.

Here in W NY state, we're having a lot of general rain and thunderstorms. The creeks are flooding. Of course, this means that the flares are fuming, too.

There are a lot of things we can prepare for: company visiting, special holiday or birthday dinners, busy time at work for us or loved ones. But do any of you have a way to prepare for or lessen the effects of damp weather on our FM?

I try to get extra rest, but as it's 12:47 EST, I guess you can tell that the body is not having any of that. I try dressing a little warmer to keep from getting a chill. I don't go out in bad weather unless I really have to.

Please, if any of you have found a way to head off problems on damp days I am positive that your tips will help A LOT of us.

Thanks for any help,

BetteK

Wolfsong452 responded:
rain, rain, rain, either cold, or warm, humidity, humidity

hate, hate hate,

haven't found anything that is helping me.

I guess I can also say HOT, HOT, HOT, TOO MUCH SUN.

you should see my face right now it looks like a majjor sun burn. All I did was do some light driving today.

guess it's the meds. and my roseaca

When you find something that helps keep me informed. please

fibrokathy responded:
I am new to this forum and feel the same as you about the rainy and cold, damp weather. I live in SE Michigan and it also has been damp and cold for days on end and NO SUNSHINE.

I take hot baths and use a heading pad and pray for better weather.

Kathy

maryalc responded:
All I can add is I am the same. I am in N E OH. Right now it is cool and damp. I hurt. I am also getting over a bout with bronchitis, then a fibro flare. Hard to separate which is which. I agree also to hot, humid and I can't tolerate too much sun. The only thing I do, is to try to carry on. Distract myself. Get out for fun activities if possible. I needlepoint, so that soothes me. I read. A good book works. Interesting TV. Whatever you like. If working, hopefully co workers are pleasant, and that being busy is good. I nap more. Seems at just short of 70, I have no choice, especially when the weather is against me.

BetteK replied to maryalc's response:
Maryalc,

I'll turn 70 this year. You're right. We seem to need a lot more down time as we get older. I've had the fibro for 41 years now, and have needed more quiet time than most people. Of course, hubby is a boisterous, gregarious type who always has to have people around him. But even he has slowed down in the past few years.

I think our whole regulatory system is out of sync with the FM. It's hard to sleep at night. There is a narrow band of temperatures that feel comfortable. (68 to 72 degrees F.for me.) A little sun is too much. And then there is the joy of irritable bowel, bladder, (insert body part here). We are just de- or dis- or un-regulated.

Hey, the sun is peeking through the clouds. I see a little blue sky up there too. Time to remember it is SUNday.

BetteK

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.