Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****4/13/2013 ****Tax Time ****remember to file by Monday.
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is going to be a nice springlike day with lots of sunshine. I am excited as my granddaughter has her first softball game. It is going to be a long day at the field though since this is the Opening Day. They will have lots of things for them to do. They start out this morning with having a parade. I am sure she is excited not only about the game but also about getting to spend time with her daddy. She is a bundle of energy and always happy to see him.

I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us.

Yesterday I had major issues and could not figure out what was going on. I had taken some allergy medicine and it was not for daytime. I guess this is what caused me to have so many issues.
For the past few years I had have major issues with my spring allergies. Not a good thing.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort so hang in there and learn all you can about what other FMers do which has made a difference for them. Of course I think we all know what works for one may or may not help another. It is a process of elimination, which does take time and effort.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level, which just might make a difference in your pain level. I know it did me. This is just a simple blood test but you MUST ASK the doctor to check it as it is not included in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do.

Remember to learn how to pace, pace and pace even more. This is a very important step to make in learning how to deal with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. Learning also how to keep one's stress level low is another important issue. Drinking plenty of water each and every day and watching out diet is also important. Do *gentle* stretches and/or exercises is something that just might help you cope better....moving is good even though you might not feel like doing so. Keep though muscles from getting stiff.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Saturday in April.

Remember tax time is here whether we like it or not.

Have a good week-end.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Hi MiMi and everyone. I hope your today is starting out well and that you have no fibro issues or pain to deal with.

It's going to be a nice spring like day here. TG for that! I plan to put the things, plants, back out of doors after last night's frost warning. UGH, Mother Nature sure is working backwards this year.

MiMi sorry you were dealing with allergy med issues. I know how that goes as I too have seasonal allergies as well. Finding just the right one for what ailes me has been hard and I too have taken the night time one when I should have taken the day and the other way around. Chalk mine mix up to fibro fog.

I am sorry the day will be so long, but oh how wonderful it is to know you are there, watching her, being part of her life now. Just so sweet. Enjoy it all.

Not a lot to post about so will close this here with best wishes for a great day, great weekend everyone.
Gentle hugs, Linds R

fibroinsd responded:
crazy...I could have sworn I posted this morning..and it isn't here..oh well..long day with mom and dad...gets so tiring...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

booch007 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hey,

Writing quick on a Sunday*.

Still running at 90mph but I did find I need my tramadol.....

The dragon WAS sleeping Mimi (so tricky). I woke with a glass neck and so little function and by 7am still no turn around...I was tearful from the exhaustion too.

Sad was the attending I am doing this crazy amy of work for came in to see me and I said " I can't turn to look at you" WHY?
I turned and just broke down....then he got crazy with everyone putting so much on me.....and was all hugs...but I just needed my meds and I wish I hadn't had a melt down on him.

So I slept well the next night and did well for the last 2 days.

Meds are back to what they have been and I am up and running.

The Urology project is going very well now. Plans by the architect perfect and I have the OR put together with the autoclave etc....all neat and organised. We saw 2 pt's and diagnosed their bladder cancer . curable...but still hard to tell someone. Learning so much so fast.

I just feel detached from the office and patients. I am in a room with the computer for most of my time or in Urology....so no jokes, no joy in a hug of the "flyers" I know over the years...

Different.

There is always change in our lives, you just have to hope it is for the better and I know if I look into it...it will be better in the end.

So lots of transition at work happening, myhome is still upside down from the construction, I only have 1 day off and laundry and life takes it away . So stuff in the living room....small bedroom remains until I can do it.

Patience IS a virtue. This is O.T. that will not be made again. So I need to grab it while I can and help them out too.

OK. I am alive, doing well with the dragons battle we fight....hoping not to miss spring as my day is from 6:30- 5:30 at night and 9 hours on Saturday...........so I see light rarely right now.

Thinking of all of you......Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
364 of 391 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.