Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Orencia for Fibro
Fuji50 posted:
Hi, I have been diagnosed with Fibro for 8 yrs now..I have gone the narcotic pain med route..but it seems to not really work for me now, I don't want to just keep increasing my dose all the time..I've heard and read that some people are finding relief with Orencia..which is a IV infusion therapy that was used for RA sufferers, has anyone tried it? I'd also like to know if anyone here has tried Guifenesin (sp?) protocol..from Dr St Amand, I'm at the crossroads of which way to go..I'm having a hard time lately and feel the need to try something new..so I can halfway function..narcotics just knock me out!

1Bluesky responded:
Hi! I'm Blackfeather's friend from FB. I have tried Guaifenesin in a pinch and nothing else is working. Yes, it works body fluids thin out including bowel function!

1Bluesky responded:
I have had this a long time to but its always a dice game as to what will work as far as meds go. Antidepressants worked well but eventually - the side effects. So, now I'm trying chiropractic medicine (It works) and looking for a massage therapist. I've found on really bad patches going to a sauna or better steam room after moving around in the pool works well. I've been told to just keep moving. Stress is the one thing that will just shut me down so, meditation(go in room shut door), no news just silence helps. How is your World of stress now?

street59 responded:
hi i am steve a 53 old male i have ra and fibro i am on orencia they have shots that you can tack at home and gabapent and tizanidine it all helps but i have a lot of bad days good luck orencia is very costly

BetteK responded:
If you do the guifenesin, you have to be very careful not to injest, bathe with, or otherwise any kind of salicitates. That means on aspirin or anything containing aspirin. It also means reading the label on every product in your home. Dr. St. Armand's books give you some idea of the extent of products that you will have to avoid.

Good luck, whether you use the guai or Orencia. Please let us know how your protocol works for you.

One thing about the opioids. I was on the Fentanyl patches and up to 150 mcg/hr. They weren't working even at that high dose. My neurologist switched me back to oxycontin, and the 10 mg. worked. We switched back and forth from then on when one would require a higher dose, we'd just trade off to the other for a while. (I kicked the opiates about a year ago and feel more like me, less deadened.)

Hope this helps,

BetteK

Fuji50 replied to 1Bluesky's response:
Hi Bluesky!! Yes she told me to keep my eyes peeled for you!! Glad to hear from you!! Thanks for your response!! I'm still considering it! =D

Fuji50 replied to 1Bluesky's response:
I have to admit I do have a stressful situation going on right now..and I know what that can do, I know I need to meditate and reduce my stress as much as I can..the situation is something I can do nothing about..I know I need to let go and let God..but it's hard when someone you love is terminal.. Thankyou Bluesky!

1Bluesky replied to Fuji50's response:
I'm sorry to here you are going though it. I haven't found a way to "be O.K." when there is a high level of stress even doing meditation/praying. Can't they switch you to a lower dose of pain meds. I tried everything and nothing works better after a day spent cleaning the yard than 1/2 percocet, 1 tylenol and ice packs. I don't worry much about addiction, I hurt and I have to function. I don't have the luxury to wait out a flare up in my house so its a trade off. I'm very careful to take it only when I absolutely need it, as its prescribed and I show the doc the bottle when I go on appt so they know I'm not having "issues" I like the scented epsom salts - lavender, eucalyptus and such to soak in. Its hard to find an option that works forever. Don't give up - I'll be praying for you. All of you.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
461 of 536 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.