Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday, April 14, 2013***
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is going to be another nice day....actually yesterday was a HOT day....I was out in the sun and got sun burned....it did not seem as hot as it got or so I thought. I am thankful that I had long sleeves on....which saved my arms....but I got too much sun on my face. Not a good thing. As it was there was no ballgame for us....my granddaughter had a temp and her mama said she could not play. OK....so the grandchildren ended up playing outside. My granddaughter actually did not seem sick to begin with. But I think she was just too happy that she was going to be with her daddy and cousins....since as the hours passed I could tell she was really not feeling well. By dinnertime she decided she was NOT going home. OMG....not a good thing as my daughter had to tell her that she had no choice. How sad to not feel good and not want to go back to one parent.

We had a cook out of hamburgers and she did not even want to eat. I asked her if she wanted me to fix her a hamburger to take with her and then she decided that she would eat. She only wanted cheese and the meat on it, nothing else. So ended up eating all but just a small bite. Her happiness turned sour as it became time for her departure.

It was interesting though that she brought a painted picture of herself that my daughter had done for her several years ago. She wanted her daddy to take it to her room at his house. We were quite surprised that it was even still around.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us. I hope everyone will have lots of sunshine to enjoy.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about dealing with this ugly and mean illness and what others have found to help ease the pain of it. As you go down this path remember though that we are all different and I think this is what makes it so very hard for doctors to know what to do for us. What works for one may or may not work for another. Only you will know when you have found a good combination of tools which works for you.
We FMers must keep on keeping on.

Vitamin D....ask your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Google it and read up on just how much has been discovered about it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Sunday.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. It is sunny and in the low 30s this morning. It is actually not too bad when the sun is out at this temp. It was nice enough to take a walk on the trail along Lake Superior. I was overdue for a nice walk. Toward the end of it I stopped in Agate Bay to pick a few agates. They are fairly hard to find on such a busy beach but after a storm I always seem to find a few nice ones.

My back has me scared. It has gotten progressively worse for the last couple weeks. The muscles feel fine after my massage but the pain center in the base of my spine is growing. I had to push through my walk. I was hoping it would loosen me up. It did not. It made it difficult to enjoy. My hips kept hurting from my awkward gate. I am not sure what I will do tomorrow. I may be going back to the Dr. instead of work.

We are supposed to get yet another winter storm. The last one only left about 4 inches but it blew into tall packed drifts. With my back wrecked I just drove over it and did very little snow removal. This next storm is supposed to drop 5-8" more. Good old MN spring showers. LoL.

I hope you all have a good day today, Mimi, I hope you allergies go away soon. Spring was my worst time as well.

Cory

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi... It is almost 10 here and getting hot already... I think I would rather deal with the cold... This heat makes me weak and grouchy lol... I am very sleepy today but did get a nice night of sleep last night... Only up twice and it was straight back to bed and sleep... But I have some sleep to catch up on... And wish I could just sleep... But the grandkids are mine today... Might call to see if their other grandparents want them for the day tho lol... Then I will wake up... LOL... I was wide awake after my 3rd alarm at 6:30... I got up at 5:30 but kept dozing off... LOL...

I don't feel the greatest today... Neck is almost back to hurting badly like before the epidural... Have 3 days till the second one... I got enough relief to look forward to it... I think LOL...

Grandkids are being bothersome today...Can't read... write... eat... type... in peace... Must find something to get their interest... LOL... Tried several things so far nothing is working... Might take them into my room and let them watch some movies I just bought them from disneymovie club... Perhaps then I can close my eyes and get a cat nap... LOL...
Anything is worth a try... And they might get into a new movie...

Hope you are all having a grand weekend.. Those of you who need warmth I am sending it your way... LOL... OOOPPS.. I missed... Sorry it bounced right back to me...
Woupse.... Well... I will try to send more warmth later...

Take care... Love... Jan

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Hello everyone!

I finally go home from Georgia yesterday. It is good to finally be home. I did enjoy myself. It is nice to work at a different place for awhile. Everyone in Georgia is so nice. I got to try new foods which was fun. I am having a flare now since I got home. Luckily I do not go back to work till Tuesday. So I have a chance to rest. It rained all day here in north Florida. It was a good day to take a nap!

I hope all is going good for everyone. I pray for a good week ahead for everyone. Soft hugs to all.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.