Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just a general check in w/ the community
kdlite posted:
Good morning community! It has been quite a while since I have checked in on the discussion boards. Overall I think I have been feeling pretty well. I have had some very good days since my last post. But lately, I have been having a tingling/pain sensation in arms, legs, hands. I went to my family doctor for a check up last week, he's throwing in that that is a sign of pre-diabetes. Honestly, I am not satisfied w/ this doctor, he isn't convinced that I have fibromyalgia. My former family doc moved and was replaced w/ this new doc. All he says is stay active, lose weight. Mind you, he isn't exactly on point w/ his BMI himself. He is overweight. I have noticed that this tingling/pain only comes on when the temps are cooling down significally. Usually once I get warmed up, it goes away. I have also been having a lot of pain in my knee and my elbow both on the right side. I try to stick to a routine of a light workout everyday, although most days I don't feel like doing it, so I do what I can. I also notice that when I am in pain or a painful episode is coming on, I am completely zapped of energy, exhausted and just want to sleep. Has anyone else experienced any of these symptoms w/ fibro. Please let me know. Thanks. As well, I am praying for you all. I am a CNA by profession and never really knew that people w/ fibro suffered so much until I was diagnosed. I pray that God gives each one of you strength and comfort and you deal w/ this disease...XOXO ~KDlite~

NeNe_11 responded:
These docs kill me! I went to mine last week & he asks what my excercise routine is. I tell him I do light yoga & lift light weights & work my core, both from my home. He tells me this is not enough & I need to get cardio in everyday-1-2 miles of running or walking everyday! I admit I do need to get active but I know I cannot walk, let alone run 1-2 miles per day. Now that spring has sprung, I do want to get out & walk. I can do 1 mile walking at a moderate pace but daily-it will bring me so much moe pain. I know because Ive tried it many times over the past few years. I want to lose 10lbs & feel better but this doc & these studies that say daily cardio is good for fibro is full of it! One would have to feel pretty good everyday to even participate in a study like this, so I feel they are not legit. I just wish the medical community would get with regarding fibro & chronic pain/fatigue. They are so out of touch it 's frustrating.

kdlite replied to NeNe_11's response:
Hi NeNe,
Sometimes I dont think they really care. For them its all about writing perscriptions. You know what REALLY gets my goat, is when you're describing your symptoms and they are googling what you're telling them. I can do all that from the comfort of my own home. My rheumatologist actually went through that whole thing. I can't say too much bad about him, he did agree that I have fibro, but I wasn't satisfied w/ the meds he wanted to put me on, skipped everything else (steroids etc.) and went straight for plaquanil. I told him i was afraid of that medication. I told him straight up that I was not going to be experiment with a whole bunch of medications. Most of the side effects will only make you feel worse. So I'm tuffing it out w/ ibuprophen, lortab (occasionally) and icyhot. I do try to do light yoga, and weights (not everyday) it depends on my pain level. But I do admit that the exercising really helps lessen my pain episodes when I stick w/ it. I wish you all the best xoxo~KDlite~

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.