Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....So very sad this day when so many terrible things are going on around this country....What is wrong with people? So many people being hurt by things which are so uncalled for. I can say that I can now understand more than I use to just why so much goes on....it is because no one knows how to *control* a lot of things. I have learned this within the past few years. It does not matter if a person is rich or poor either. Having money can NOT change things which might happen. There are evil and wicked people looming everywhere. It is very sad but the truth. Here is hoping all of these people will get the help that they need. May GOD comfort them as they face the days ahead.

It is going to be a nice day today....already 57* though. I am thankful for the weather being warmer but had hoped for milder temps instead of really hot days right off. Being hot does not help the way I feel either.

Cory, I do hope nicer weather will soon reach your area. I can not even imagine having snow this this of the year. I know you have had lots of it.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find a combination of tools which will help you cope better. It does take time and effort for this to occur. Hang in there and keep on keeping on....until you figure this out. Learn all you can about what other FMers do. What works for one though may or may not work for you. We are all different and only you can know if you have found something that works for you.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important to a lot of people these days.

I am keeping my grandson today so I will sign off for now.

Have a great day. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

missist responded:
Also saddened by what happened in Boston.

I am headed out this morning on a rare outing. Going to where I used to work to meet an old friend there.

I woke up stiffer this morning, I'd been feeling a little better but seems like yesterday the new meds weren't as effective.. we shall see.

Just need a little extra coffee and I'll be ready to go.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Morning MiMi, missist and everyone. I too am saddened by the terrible event(s) in Boston. Oddly enough my olderst daughter had thought about running it this year, she, my middle daughter and DH are all marathroners, but a slight hip injury last Oct sidelined her and she put off training for it. I know how hard runners train for the Boston Marathron. My DH ran it in 82' and had trained, with a couch, Lazilo Tabori an time setting Olympic marathroner, for it for 2 years. Runners pay for training, equiptment, gym time and hours of on the road training and what a saddness for them to get to Boston and have such a terrible thing like yesterday happen. My prayers go out for those injured on the sidelines and for those who wer running in the marathron.

It will be a warm day here, but with clouds, maybe rain here or there. Nice again tomorrow, warm and with sun. But OMG Thursday will be a stormy a day here. Spring is like that in the SE. Eye candy beautiful in the a.m. and then storms for an hour in the afternoon. But it's spring and that's what matters, yes?

I have no plans for today.. just hanginf around the house. I've thought so often these past cold and dreary winter days about what I'd do on a warm, 85 degree day, now that it's here I'm just going to pace and enjoy it.

Not much to say except hello to all and wish each of you a good day doing what ever it is that makes your day a good one.
Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening from snowy Minnesota. The sun peaked out of the clouds a little today. Long enough to melt some of the recent snow. It will start again tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it's the last of it but there is talk of another front heading our way next week. We have had around 100" of snow this winter to our usual 90 or so. It never seems like it's that much. There is usually no more than 2-3 feet on the ground at one time.

Today was not one of my best days. I have a hard time coming to terms with my employer lately. I wish it wasn't so hard to find a good job close to home or I would shop around. I just don't understand managers that don't manage to do much of anything.

I hope you all have a relaxing evening, take care everyone.

Cory

BetteK replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

You're so right about managers. Most of my jobs have been for supervisors I would have done anything for. I found out just how great they were when I ran into a stinker. That was the shortest job of my life.

It seems like you have one of the toughest, most physical occupations on this board. It must be a challenge on bad days. Is there some way for you to prepare for a better job in your field? Are there ways for you to become the manager some time in the future? Let's face it, Cory, as time goes on--unless we get great news from the scientific front--the combination of age and fibro will make your job more and more difficult.

If it is possible for you to gain experience, training, courses, or whatever NOW, it will make your future much more secure.
The best managers are those who know how difficult their workers' jobs are. Those are the managers who spend their time making the job easier and pleasanter for everyone. You could be one of those managers.

Think on it.

BetteK

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
Late check in today...It's been a busy week so far, and it's only going to get busier!

I've gone back to work, just a little bit. I can handle an hour or two a day and then I'm done. I had small jobs yesterday and today, and I have another one tomorrow. I'm sure I'll move faster once I don't need the cane any more. Right now I'm pretty slow, and I wear out quickly. It'll be nice to get back into some sort of shape! Right now I'm so stiff I can barely climb my stairs.

Thursday morning I have to drive mom in for her surgery. She has to be there at 9:15 sharp, and she goes under at 9:45. She will be there for 3-4 hours, omg. But I figure there's no sense leaving and coming back (plus I don't have the gas) so I'm bringing a lunch and my crocheting. It's going to be a long day. I have to bring her back Friday morning for a follow up visit too. So there goes the week. I think I'll be glad when Saturday rolls around and I can catch my breath.

I am coming down the home stretch on the antibiotics...I'm hoping this time is the charm. The kidney infection has subsided nicely and my energy is slowly coming back. This antibiotic has some annoying side effects, including depression, anxiety, irritability, sleeplessness (as if I don't have enough trouble!) and heavy sweats. I can tell the night dose has just kicked in because I am suddenly drenched, lol. Time to take off my pullover, whew...I can't wait until I'm done with this stuff!

So...that's my check-in. Hope everyone's having a good week! I am on the way to bed now---Husband's alarm goes off at 5:45 and I need to get some decent rest.

franr responded:
Hello All
We are very saddered here in Boston after the terrible boming at Boston marathon.The whole world shares in our grief over this sensless acts.Please remember the victims in your prayers.The person's responsible for these crimes have changed many lives for ever.But the people of Boston will remain strong and will continue to help one another.Gentle Hugs. Fran

mnjeepguy replied to BetteK's response:
I have been on a mission to be a good manager. I started as a laborer, then a line operator. After 14 years mastering my skills I became the youngest lead in the mill. I was offered back up supervisor but instead chose to apply for millwright to learn a trade. Even as a mechanic my body takes less wear than running around a 300x100 line for 12hr shifts. Honestly, I couldn't do it anymore.
There are some good managers, they trust their experts and don't assume they know everything. I would be one of the good guys. Our mill allows people like me to become managers over time and proving our worth. I have been a chameleon during my training. I helped roll out a new maintenance software program and train our mill because my supervisor was not very bright. I showed them my other abilities and corporate loved my work.
The bad days are sometimes very hard but so far I haven't missed work. I was my closest yesterday. I just take it day by day and hope tomorrow is better.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.