Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day ****4/17/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where I woke up too darn early this morning. My mind is spinning with thoughts....stress is with me and I can NOT control it. This week has been an eye opener for me....and it is NOT over with yet. As tomorrow approaches and Friday arrives, perhaps I will be in a better state but who knows as it might be even worse. I have to take just one day at the time....no more and no less. I know it is what it is and there is nothing I can do to *control* things. I do know that little by little what rights that we, as citizens, have is being chipped away, bit by bit. So many things going on with those who are supposed to be in charge and who allows *things to happen*....and there is really nothing that anyone can do about this. I am prone to think that there are so many of us who have no clue just how things are handled by those people who are suppose to make sure that our rights as citizens are not violated. When it really boils down to it though....we, as citizens, are actually ON OUR ON. And if someone gets by with violating a Constitutional Right....another *chip* takes place. IF someone tries to prove what happen, then watch out....because you just might see how *crooked* some people can be and the sad thing is that so many times these people get by with doing whatever they have done.

I think about this as so much happens in this country. So you think you can get someone to *fix* the problems that we encounter everyday? I am here to tell you that talk is talk....anyone can tell anything but to truly do what should be done and what is considered *fair and just*....don't be fooled, it takes an act of *Congress* to fix anything. This is why our country is in such a *mess*....IT IS WHAT IT IS and until major changes are made and people are actually held responsible and accountable for their actions....nothing will change. Promises will be made and promises will continue to be *empty*....and I think we all know just what *empty promises* bring. NOTHING.

My heart goes out to those who have suffered and lost loved ones. We, as a country, can only hope and pray for the best and continue to hope *JUSTICE IS SERVED*.

Life is just full of *surprises*....some good and some not so good.

OK....so this is my soapbox for the day.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a GOOD day for us all, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will indeed find the right combination of *tools* which will help you cope better.

It does take a trial and error process to figure out just what the body needs. We, FMers, are here to share with you what we have found which has worked for us. So you should learn all you can about what others do and hopefully something will also work for you as well.

Vitamin D....I am still on my mission of making sure that everyone is aware of just how important this vitamin might be for everyone. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Speak to your doctor about getting your level checked. The best part about this is that it is a cheap fix, although it can take time like anything else....it is a process.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Wednesday.

Have a great day and remember those who are trying to cope.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

missist responded:
Good Morning!
Mimi--I get on my soap box about the very same issues sometimes. I'm trying to let it go, but there are days... LOL

I think the best thing is to remember that this world is not our home... I'm pretty sure in my future home I won't have any kind of chronic issue. LOL.

I also remind myself that if our country should go bottom up crazy-- we'll probably still survive.

Gardening season is here. I don't do a garden, just too much pain involved in that idea. But I do tuck in perenials around my house and trade plants with friends. Yesterday I got some goodies from my gardening & thrift shopping buddy. So today I'm going to try to get some of tucked in. I got a wisteria & plan to train it into a tree--I might need more than one for the look I'd like.

I also have some work to do for a custom order, for my etsy shop. http://pokeberrypatch.etsy.com

And I must take time to watch the birds and the little otter if she pokes out of her nest. She decided to have her babes in our old dock--which was slated for rebuilding this spring.. but now I am standing firm in front of Hubby with a big NO you don't. No messing with broody little river otters.

Have a day of Joy and Peace and Love--that is the only way to 'get even' with the things you can't control. 'bless their hearts, those poor politicians.'

with love, Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week everyone. I do hope it's warm and sunny where you are and that signs of spring are in your back yard.

It's eye cand beautiful here. Wam and sunny with temps hitting 86 today and near that tomorrow.. A cool down over the weekend but then right back to warm and sunny.. yup we got spring going on here and I'm not complaining one bit after months of cold and dreary winter weather.
Cory sorry it's still winter there.. I'd share our spring with you if I could.

Not a lot to post about today so will make this a short post. Hope everyone has had a good day so far and that it gets better as the day goes on. I hope that you don't have to deal with any fibro issues or pain and that you get to do today your way.

I know the warmer weather has helped me ' wake up ' and feel better. I have gotten to feeling so good this week as opposed to last week. I even forgot to take my Gabapentin in the day time and didn't feel any fibro pain yesterday. Am hoping this is a sign that my use of Gabapentin, flexeril, volterian cream and Advil will come to a noise deffening halt by the weekend. I know for me, just speaking for me, that weather and seasons play in triggering fibro issues and pain. Winter takes me down, spring and summer take me back to feeling normal, Fall starts to make me hurt and winter is just plain painful. Weather and seasons they can make or break me.

Okay, not a lot to talk about today. Just going to enjoy the colors, blue clouds, flowers and the hummingbirds. Yup, saw our first hummingbird yesterday evening. It's gray with red breast feathers.DH put up the smaller feeders a day or so ago and them out of nowhere one comes into the yard yesterday. we put up the larger feeders and bird bath for them. It's so nice to have them back.. they are a such a delight to have in our yard. I miss them so in the Fall and winter months. In Southern California we had them pretty much year round, here from April thru September. You notice when they come and you notice when they go.

Okay wishing each of you a great day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

BetteK replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda, I've been using the Voltaren gell for a couple of years for when the knees or wrists act up. Last visit to the pain clinic, I asked the N.P. why it can't be used for my back. He said that I CAN! Just stay within the dose restrictions of no more than 32 grams a day. I found that 4 grams covers my spine from head to tail. And it works! 4 X 4 is only 16 grams.

I can't use most of the NSAIDS that go through the stomach because of the 20 or so years when I used aspirin (then Naprosin) around the clock. It's great to find something that works for now.

Most of our meds are prescribed "off label." We use antidepressants although in lower doses. We use antiseizure medicines although we aren't epileptics. Why not use the Volaren gell too--with our doctor's blessing, of course.

Just a thought.

BetteK

rudyandirmouse replied to BetteK's response:
@ BettyK, I'm confused. Are you talking to me? Was Just a thought directed at me? Maybe you misread my post. I said in an around about way that I can't wait to stop using or taking fibro meds! I hate Gabapentin, I don't like to take Flexiral.. I don't like having pain so bad I need to cream up my legs. I just don't like to be dependant on pills and creams to get thru a day if I can do without them.

I think your use of our and we meant that it's YOU and for those reading your post may think I do take the things you, I believe, are taking. Cause since you don't know me you have no idea of what I do to help with my fibro symptoms. I'm sorry if all the things you listed are what your taking. It' seems like a lot to deal with and I hope that the things you have found useful help you. But again don't include me in them.

But FYI I don't use meds that are perscribed " off lable " nor do I use or take antidepressants in any dose. I don't use antiseizure meds and I'm not epileptic. As for the Voltarin cream: I don't want to use meds if at all possible to do without them. So even with my Rheumy's blessing and he has given me it, I don't over use Volteran cream. Like MiMi I use, at every opportunity, supplements or OTC fibro 'helpers' or tough it out instead of getting a dr's script.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.