Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****April 18, 2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and the furbabies woke me up again too darn early this morning....before 3 am. I was NOT a happy camper....as soon as they went out and I got settled down again....Harley decided then that she needed to also go out....OMG...So I had to get back up again and let her out. I decided that she would just have to stay out for a while. It was not cold and she needed some time outside. Around 6:30 she decided she was ready to come back into the house and it was time for her to eat. So I got up again and here we are. The furbabies can now *rest* all day long and have no problems. I am still very tired and sleepy as well. It will be a very long day for me.

I am still having allergy issues as well. Some days are worse than others. I will be glad when the pollen stops and this period of time improves. Eye problems is not a good thing for anyone to deal with.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a very good day for all of us.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort so hang in here with us and learn all you can about what others have found that helps them. We are all different and what helps one may or may not help you. But you should keep on keeping on until you find what works for you.

Vitamin D....again I remind anyone and everyone who has not addressed Vitamin D test with your doctor to remember to do so the next time you see the doctor. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Cory, I hope the weather will soon give you a break and I hope that your back will soon settle down. It is not fun having back issues. Hopefully the doctors can figure out what is going on with you. I hope your job situation is also improved.

Sharon I hope things get better for you soon too. I miss you when you do not post. Take care and post when you can. Remember to also pace, pace and pace even more.

That's all folks....have a great day and try to enjoy the sunshine if you can.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

missist responded:
Good Morning!
I'm so glad this little group is here to say what I can't say anyplace.

Yesterday I started the day out good but later petered out and dipped down to quite feeling hopeless.

I went out to do some yard work-- to get ready to plant some flowers my friend passed along to me. I spent about 1o or 15 minutes maybe clearing away a bit of dead plant material from a small spot where some cannas were put in the wrong place by the former owners of my home--I was planning to dig them out and move them.

Anyhow that little time exhausted me fully and I let discouragement get to me.

So-- read a bit last night in a book about dealing with chronic illness from a Christian perspective and as I was falling asleep just prayed God would help me today to follow my own advice and 'choose joy'.

I am thinking well, if 10 minutes is all I got, then I'll give it my 10 and give thanks for it.

So we shall see, perhaps today will be better?

Had a night interrupted by bizarre nerve symptoms--but I'm getting used to that, so just laid there and let it happen as usual. What else can you do if you are already getting the meds etc, and things just are what they are?

I feel a bit weak, but I will give it what I've got today and enjoy the blessings here on my little lake.

My best to all the rest of you today, hope I don't sound too depressed, working on it.
Mary

katmandulou responded:
Happy Thursday!

Checking in on a bright sunny day, in the mid-50s now. Saw the GP this morning, my blood pressure is holding at a good place, and I see him again in 6 mos.

This working thing is pretty cool, except for the 65 mile round-trip commute. It's amazing I do some work, they put money in my bank account. With the stress off, maybe my hair will stay in this year!

Since I haven't been here, I'm going to comment about the Boston Marathon bombing. My youngest brother was helping with radio communications - at the start of the race. Thank god he wasn't in the city! I know someone who was about a mile out when the Boston PD stopped the racers, but they didn't tell them why at first. His family was near the finish line, saw the explosions, but weren't injured. I hope they take their time, get all the evidence they can, and make an arrest that sticks.

MiMi, I have learned the value of a short nap, and I hope you can take one today. I hate getting up too early and not feeling rested, it makes me afraid that I'll hurt myself doing something stupid.

missist, it's nice to meet you, and welcome to this group. We're here to listen and learn from each other. I haven't had work (I'm a freelance graphic designer) since last summer, so I know the sadness and hopelessness you're talking about. Enjoy the 10 minutes!

To you and everyone else who ventures in: have the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

missist replied to katmandulou's response:
Thank you Lou, nice to meet you. (Lou is my middle name btw. as in Mary Lou. ) Anyhow... I am doing better. I made it nearly an hour clearing out an iris bed and a few other things this morning. Much more encouraged. Not sure how I'll feel later, but at least something was accomplished.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday MiMi, Mary, Lou and to all those that will follow. I hope your yesterday was one that had some sunshine over you and spring like temps. I know it's not possible for all to have both, but am hopeful that most did and will or will have the same today.

It's over cast here but very warm at 86. Tomorrow it will be down to 63 with storms so am going to enjoy my today, wind and clouds be hanged. DH and I really enjoy these warm days and plesant evenings. DH and I sat out on the back porch the past two evenings and watched the newly arrived humming birds zoom around our yard from feeder to feeder. Seeing them makes me know that it really is spring. Each day I feel physicaly better than the day before. I can hardly wait for those days, weeks and months ahead where my body forgets that I have fibro.

Not too very much going on today. DH and I will be going up to Nashville to drop of my DD's family Hopper park passes for our up coming family vacation in Orlando. We will do a few errands and then back here to clear out the front flower beds and put in fresh mulch.

MiMi, sorry to read you have, again , gotten up to early. I hope you can find a few hours to rest and recoup.

Mary, your not alone, I too have had many many days where 10 minutes or so is about all I can muster. If I can even 10 minutes of doing something fibro would have stopped me doing I feel as tho I have won against it cause I did those 10 minutes my way. Then I rest and go at it again. By night's end I can look back and feel good that I did do a day my way that fibro tried to take from me and didn't. And please do come here and " vent ": if you want to cause we all understand, care and want to support you.

Lou, soooo glad to read your post, miss seeing them each day, and seeing that all things are going well with you. Am glad your BP is holding and that you are so enjoying your job. The commute seems a bit much, but my DH is doing 28 each way. Only had it easy when we were back in Los Angeles, 10 miles round trip. I guess jobs always come with a down side. And I too hope the police, FBI and all the law enforcement people on site take their time and get everything they need to convict the person or persons for this terrible act of terror.

Okay, going to get my day going...
Have a good day everyone.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Yesterday was a low for me. I had to get up at 3am to go to work. I started at 4am and finished at 4pm. I can't do the long days like I used to. The silver lining is that I should be allowed to leave at 10:30 on Friday when I hit 40 hrs for the week. I was very upset because I was only given 14hrs notice and not told what I was supposed to do when I got there, (the management issues). The best part of the day is when I was on break and leaning into my pain in my back when it finally gave a loud pop and the pain has gone down more than half.

Today I was given my first real hands on training with one of our best welders. I will not have to weld every day but the job requires that I can do it. This was what a training program should be.

It was also a sad day her at home. today we put down our 14 year old Beagle. He was having some problems and it was time. My youngest, Aden, had a tough day today but we talked a lot and are doing better.

As I look out my window there are dime sized snowflakes coming down. We have 3-4 inches so far with 4-8 more tonight. I am soo ready for spring. I am going only going to clear porches if I can and spare my back.

It was good to come here and catch up on the posts from the last couple days. Take care everyone.

Cory

Anon_2912 responded:
Well I can say I am better than many of my co workers & friends who are from the West, Tx explosion..

I live 20 miles south of them, but we know so many from there that work in our town of Waco..

So won't complain, to depressed.. Long day in Texas.

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Good evening to all,
My day went really good. The weather was warm but with a cool breeze blowing all day. I love this time of year. Another month is will be in the upper 90.s. Tomorrow is supoose to rain almost the whole day.

Mimi - I understand about the fur babies getting up too early, My cocker spaniel decided she had to go out at 3:00 am. Then when I got up and opened the door for her she made a quick u-turn and ran back to bed. I just stood there with my mouth open! I went back to bed and she decided she wanted to go out a half hour before the alarm clock went off. I made her wait till I got up. She ran out the door that time!

Cory where do live? I miss the snow since I live in north Florida. We did get snow flurries about 3 years ago. I was so excited. It only lasted about 10 minutes, but I loved every second of it! I use to live in central Indiana and I got very tired of snow at that time. I hope spring comes your way soon.

Mary - I am glad you had a good garden day. I am not able to work in a garden anymore. I get dizzy and short of breath if I bend over. Good luck with it. Maybe you can post a picture when you are finished.

Lou - I am glad your family in Boston are okay. So very sad that someone thought it would be worth wild to set off bombs that killed and injured people. I just can not understand that kind of thinking at all.

Linda R - I am so jealous of your porch. I can just imagine how wonderful it would be to sit and watch the birds. I love humming birds. I use to have a porch like that when we lived in Indiana. I miss it so much. I hope you have many hours of relaxing times watching the birds.

I hope everyone has a wonderful painfree weekend. Or at least a little while of pain free moments. I am planning on a trip to Panama CIty, Florida. It is only a hour drive from where I live. I am hoping to go to the beach for a little while. Even if I just sit in the car with the windows rolled down.

Take care and soft hugs to all.
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

missist replied to Anon_2912's response:
Love to read everyone's post of the day. cory---I love when my back will do that too. such a relief!

Anon-- you folks are in my prayers. so sad. Such a lot happens these days..

May you have a peaceful nights sleep.

Linda--thank you, its good to know I"m not the only one with days like that.

MImi-- I often sleep in a recliner too--especially if my asthma is acting up. I've been thinking about cervical neck surgery too.. interesting. I still think a lot of this is spine related.

G'nite all, my feet are up and sore, but I feel good about all I got done today, my son-in-law came over and did some work for me too. He's such a blessing.
Mary

missist replied to missist's response:
Oh... Debbie --I will post pix later. We just bought this place. I'm not going to have an actual garden, just sort of let perenials make their way around the house... and further out as I go.

I hope I never can't do it at all.. that would be hard. But then again there's always orchids & african violets in the house.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.