Muscle Inflammation?
missist posted:
I was reading a 2012 study that used contrast dye MRI on fibromyalgia patients with hand problems. They apparently found what appeared to indicate non-arthritis inflammation of muscles in the hands and fingers of a select group of fibromyalgia patients. The end result was that they thought if this was studied further it might be a useful item for patients with fibromyalgia--in particular with hand involvement.

I'm curious about this because nothing is more difficult for me the past 4 years or so than my hands being now effected.

I'm also curious because I've had 2 nerve conductivity tests both were abnormal, on hands/arm--but the separate dr's interpreted results completely opposite each other. One said he believed my symptoms were stemming from my neck the other believed it was carpal tunnel.

I also know I have OA in my hands (and pretty much everywhere)

So also-- my best pain relief is celebrex or naproxen- which supposedly doesn't work on fibromyalgia as they say there is no inflammation involved. I have ALWAYS found it to help me-- for almost 30 years--however it had to be a sustained RX level of NSAID--not just an ibuprofen or 2-- but more like 4 of them every 4 hours.

Currently I take celebrex 2x a day and I would like to take it 3x--but need to talk to my dr next week first.

I am wondering if NSAIDS effect MUSCLE inflammation and maybe that is why it works for me?

Just curious--anyone have any thoughts or knowledge of this?
thanks!
Oh--I also did have a muscle 'signal' test of some kind with last nerve test and the muscle test was normal--so again-- confusing. But it was not a muscle biopsy and it was on an area where I was not experiencing a flare or pain--which I think would matter.

thanks, Mary