Skip to content
Saturday *****4/20/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is cool again....42* but it is going to get in the 60's and the sun is going to shine....at least it is going to be dry....thank goodness for that.

OMG....it has been a rough week, all around the country. I am glad that things hopefully will now settle down somewhat....people need to stop and think about what they are going to do BEFORE they do it....with all of the modern technology everywhere....someone is bound to get a picture of what is going on and figure it out. So very sad that so many people have been affected from so much. Thoughts and prayers go out to all of these people.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all. I hope the weather will soon be springlike for everyone. I am glad that winter here was mild and I hope summer will not be so hot...just some good weather for everyone to enjoy. (we can always hope)

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group and to those who have returned....as everyone should know by now once a FMer, always a FMer....and of course, we are very thankful for those who post often. I am sure that the new members will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. So hang in here with us and learn all you can about what others do that has helped them. We are all here to share and care and to learn what we can about the wrath of the dragon.

Again I want to say that yesterday on Dr. Oz he said that Vitamin D level should be kept around 50....perhaps this is still being researched since I know that I have read different *ranges* which is suppose to be where doctors expect it to be.

New members....Vitamin D is important to a lot of people. Speak to your doctor about getting the simple blood test....you have to ASK the doctor though to do it....as it is not included (yet) in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do. I think this part is still in the dark.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Good morning Mimi and Fmily,

Today I hurt . I lifted a box at Toys R Us and I shouldn't have ....I knew it and the boy left me after putting the sand in the car.....I am over the line.

Neck of glass, headache and miserable.

Bad storms last night with lightening and thunder.....SPRING IS HERE. I have not been in it, but leaving the office and seeing the change on the highways and brief walks around the house gave me a lift. to work so much but happy to help and the increase in salary will be great with the new baby coming in Sept.

I was glued to the TV watching the capture of this boy who ruined so many lives. My Neice always runs the marathon and had finished just shortly before (she is OK) It was just hard waiting to hear she was safe....they shut the cell towers down.

It is just astonishing to me how kids who have been here and lived in our society, can go so wrong and dangerous. The father is coming to the states (I hope they check him* out too....) Very secretive that Russian society.

Then the amazing sadness to Texas.....how dangerous to be by a plant like that...the whole town affected. That was so sad.

I have not watch TV for days and this is all I have taken in at the moment....then to sleep.

I will be looking into the other posts today for a bit as I took today off: It is our Cancer fundraiser at the deli called : COMBO'S FOR LIFE*, we are aiming for 1000 combos.

Last year I think 850 were done. We are 300 in already thanks to the community who ordered for yesterday.!

Radio will be there and live music inside and out, we have raffles and T shirts...it goes big and there was an award given to my sons for their work and dedication. WHY? WHY do they do this insane effort? Their BEST friend died from a brain tumor that led to leukemia and he championed the disease and Mike started this to champion helping someone else. Kuddos to them.

So, I am alive...the dragon is with me and mine......why do I always question when he sleeps....why do I go right into denial after all these years, that I am not in trouble here. Crazy, the mind is crazy.

Have a good day today.....get some sun (VIT D) and check out the flowers! Hugs, Nancy B

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi and all..
As Mimi said it is cool again. Felt like 80ish and humid yesterday, this morning in the 40s. I'm huddled up with my granny sweater vest and sweat pants waiting for my coffee and space heater to warm my bones.

Still bugging Hubby for a hot tub. He's looking into it, I think I've already found the place I'll end up buying-- guy who rehabs them and services them. So I could get a used one and still have it delivered/installed and serviced as needed.

Anyhow though-- Hubby does have to LOOK for himself before he'll see it my way. Funny how you get to know a person--I'm pretty sure one or two more little pesters and he'll say-- just get one..

And I will!

I do not live anyplace near to a warm pool for workouts, and this is I am sure my 'missing piece' to my health regimen.

Anyhow I'm looking out on my lake, smooth as glass this morning and a bit higher. Very pretty.

Need to go let my chihuahua and german shepherd in. Paco needs to sit next to his girlfriend (the space heater).

Hope you all have a good weekend!
Mary

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B.....so sorry that the wrath of the dragon has reared its ugly head at you. I do hope you will rest and get back to a better place. It is so easy to *cross the line*....I think we all do this many times....one would think that we would learn a lesson from doing so.

I do hope things get better for you quickly.

I wanted to be sure and tell you (in case you do not see it) that we are going to get a new family member as well....around Thanksgiving. I am thrilled....(hoping for a little pink here) but truly hope that the baby is healthy....which is so very important. My younger son and his wife....(probably the last one)....my daughter in law so wants a little girl too. Since I already have a girl and 2 boys....it would be nice for another little girl.

It has been a very long and quite stressful week for a lot of people....I do hope things will soon settle down some for everyone.

Take care and have a good week-end.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

missist replied to booch007's response:
Nancy B--
so sorry you are hurting, me too-- but a little better more stiff than pain right now, I too overdid, I knew it when I was doing it too.

so true--one day overwork, 3 days recovering.

Feel better!
Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday MiMi, Nancy, Mary and all that follow. I hope your yesterday was good and that your today is even better. As MiMi mentions about sleep, I also hope your sleep was long and deep last night. Mine was not. Getting a good night's sleep is always such a nice thing, wish I had had one last night.

Today will be colder than it has been, but a warm up tomorrow and for a few days early next week. A few nights with frost warnings but spring is here, coming in spirts it seems, but here.

DH and I watched the humming bird zooming around the yard from feeder to feeder. He/ she came again and again to the feeder on the front proch until the sun was setting. How wonderful to have them back.

No real plans for my day, had thought about clearing out the flower beds in the front yard but may wait until DH is home tomorrow to help. The bag of mulch is big and heavy and I don't want to pull it onto the drive way unless I can move it around to where I need it. So may get into the car and go to the tea shop and check out the stores along the walk way.
Theres also a Ben and Jerry's and I don't know quite why I just feel like having a scoop of Cherry Garcia ice cream while up there. If I don't indulge me who will?

MiMi, I missed the Dr Oz show yesterday, everything was the man hunt here, so didn't know he had put out the suggested normal for Vit D3. Dr Oz is more in line with what my Rheumy said it was 20 - 80, 50's is the norm. Which I think is about right. But in any case, for me, right now I'm over the high of 80 @ 81, so it will be a long while before I get back into the 50's, where I think I'll try to keep it from now on. Last year I was at 41 and was told it was on the low side. So 50 it is.

Nancy, sorry that you've been feeling the dragon. I do hope you feel better quickly. I hope also that you get a few days where you can leave work a tab bit early and enjoy the sight and sounds of spring.

Mary, I hope you get your hot tub, they do help so much. DH and I had one for years but I hated going out to use it in the colder months, so DH put in a whirl pool tub in our master bedroom instead and I use it at night with lavender bath salts. I find, for me, it really helps.

Will close this here, nothing much to post about.. Wishing each of you a good day, one you do your way and one that has little to no fibro issues or pain.

Gentle hugs, Linda

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. I woke to a ridiculous 9 degrees! We have 3 foot high snowbanks in front of the house. Luckily, it did warm up to be a beautiful sunny day and 35 degrees. Here is a pic from the bay this afternoon. That is thin ice as clear as glass floating in. The geese didn't look too happy.

The weather doesn't look very promising for the next week but it will get up in the 40's so this snow has got to start melting. I can't wait for it to be gone. Until then I will have to be greatful for the beauty of it.

I hope you all have a great day. Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Oh Cory...how I wish I could snap my fingers and let you be here today !!!

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.