Skip to content
;Sunday *****4/21/2013 *****Cool weekend *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC and it is cool this morning....short spring we had....yesterday we went to see my granddaughter play ball....she decided though she really did not want to play....I think it is because it took her time of spending time with her daddy....and then of course, last night, she decided again she did not want to leave. I truly think she goes from Saturday to looking again to the next Saturday when she can spend time with us. It is sad to see her not wanting to go with her mom. She did tell us that she thinks she will spend every other week with her dad when school gets out. It is funny how children think and what they want to happen.

Anyway we have to get through next week-end and then she will be spending every other week-end with her dad. I think it will then get easier for her....but it will be a longer time of absence her not seeing everyone still. She loves her cousins and enjoys having someone to play with. My younger grandson is soaking all of this in....he has really accepted things better than I expected him to. To be only 3 he is a smart little boy and so very sweet, he reminds me of his dad when his dad was his age. I hope the new baby will be just like them.

So....as I sat and watched the game I ended up having to sit in the car when it got cooler. The game did not start until 5 and it got cool quick. DH had pulled the car up though so I was able to view it from the front seat and stay warm as well.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all as well. So much going on this past week....I am glad that it is over.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. There are no quick fixes though as whatever you decide to try you should allow at least 6-8 weeks (at least) before making a decision as to whether or not what you are doing is truly making a difference, unless of course you are getting sicker. I think this is true no matter what you do....as it takes time for the body to get the full potential of anything.

Vitamin D....again I can not forgot to remind everyone and especially new members just how important Vitamin D is to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. I have heard it called the *miracle pill*....well....I am not sure about this but I do know just what a difference it made for me.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Enjoy some sunshine if you have a chance to today.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi and all to follow!

Sounds so sad for the little ones Mimi, I don't know much, so I'm thinking there's a separation or divorce? Well in any case I will add your grand-kids to my prayer list. I need a list for everything cuz otherwise I forget. LOL

I had a stressy end of the day yesterday, I was next door enjoying a visit and some grilled chicken and my dog swam around our fence to come visit. All was fine at first, he was just visiting too, but unfortunately he poked his nose around the corner where they have an older female dog and she is ornery so is either in her kennel or tied up, well Mojo visited her and she didn't care for it I guess so she bit him- but what happened is he must have run off quick-- and she basically peeled his skin & flesh so it was a big flap hanging there and you could see much of his muscle in his thigh. Looked like a peeled back piece of turkey leg.

So... Saturday night of course, there is no vet in rural south carolina and I had to take him to Charlotte. My daughter drove cuz I drive awful at night.

Anyhow he is still there, I need to go get him- he didn't go to sleep when they sedated him, so they kept him over and are sedating him again and stitching him up. My cell phone is charging so I don't know yet how it went. I'm gonna have some coffee and head to Charlotte.

All that is one thing--but I happen to have a husband who freaks out when there is any kind of emergency, and so I got an earful from him, although not so bad since he isn't home this weekend. Sometimes people in your life just have to add to the stress of anything, he can be that way. He thinks I'm too casual or inattentive I guess-- because I don't freak out too. ? Things happen you know, someone has to be calm.

Well sigh.. nothing a new day and some prayer won't fix but I did have a tough night sleep, jerks and numbness a little but seeing those weird sparks again. Which I really don't know what that is--I'm thinking it must just be nerves. Seems like I should write it down and see if stress causes it?

Fibromyalgia makes little problems harder, but I'm fine. I'm looking out at my pretty little lake and listening to the birds and my smaller dog is sitting by the space heater wondering where his big giant brother is.

We'll go get him after I've had some coffee and toast and my pills.

Have a peaceful day y'all!
Mary
http://pokeberrypatch.etsy.com

booch007 responded:
Oh congratulations MIMI!! I am so happy for you, as I await my new one too...I will be thinking of you.

I took today off too...(Not sure it was a wise decision) but I just want to get MY life in order. I have stuff still all over from the construction TODAY IS THE DAY! Plus we had no clothes in the drawers so laundry had to get done.

For those who see FB: My son's Combos for Life was a huge success OVER 1025 wedges were sold.......momentous for us. We have been aiming for 1000 for the last 3 years and this years WE DID IT. . So proud of them. All the money goes to Cancer, as we have been touched in so many ways by cancer I am so proud of my sons who give this back to the community to help...

Pain is better today, used the heat paks and extra dose of med yesterday to get out of trouble. I took the girls to the swings thinking that was a good distraction for them...1 HOUR later they were still going and I had to push..push ...push! CRAP* as we live we learn. Swings are a no no*.

Gosh I love em though. So funny the things they do, too bad I can't bottle it......Olivia sat on my lap and in 2 seconds crossed her legs..........she is going to be 4, looked like a teenager: all I could do was laugh, then there is the " WHY are you laughing at me?"....just cause you are so cute!

Madelyn is calling me NANA like forget-a-bout-it.....and LOUD.
N A N A ......so I must be attentive.

A great day and now today I do small things for US and regroup for the marathon again this week.....Hugs to all here on the board, I am sorry my absence is so much but thisis a much needed transition for the attendings and I am giving 110% for it.

Please don't forget we have a toolbox under resources that many tricks are placed there for your use. They have worked for us and it is so helpful to have them all in one spot.

Hope today is better than yesterday! Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday morning everyone. I hope all things with you today are good and that your today will be a good one done your way not fibro's.

It's going to be a real estate selling day here. Eye candy beautiful, warm up to 70 and clear blue skies. ( Cory, wish I could send it your way. ) We have 3 hummingbirds now and they ' fight' over the feeders. Two of our neighbors told us yesterday " How wonderful YOUR hummingbirds are back. " Can't miss um cause their zooming every which a way and it's a delight to watch. I can see them from our bedroom window ( front porch ) and thru the kitchen and TV room windows, back porch, and it's a joy. Makes the spring ( and I know winter is over and it's spring when they come back. ) perfect here.

DH and I are going to clear the front flower beds and mulch them. Bought 120 dollars worth of new plants yesterday to add to the bushes there. Got the plants home and realized putting them in would make the flower beds crowded. UGH. So put most of them in the back yard. Again, UGH. When DH and I do get started on clearing the beds out it shouldn't take all that long. Plan to go to church service in late afternoon, and I hope a bit of shoping between.

It's just amazes me how good I feel with no help from meds now. All I needed was some sunshine and warm weather. The IBS needed help from better food choices and a better probotic tho. The ' fog ' has lifted, no muscle pain, vision good and mind clear. And all in just a few weeks with good spring weather, colors and being able to be out of doors after months of dreary, cold, gray winter. It feels so good to feel awake. And although I am grateful as all get out, I hate fibro more right now knowing it takes this current feeling of well being and happiness away from me so many months of the year.

Enough said of that.

MiMi, sorry your grand daughter gets so sad, my heart goes out to you and your family for having to see how it hurts her to leave you after a day's visit, but I know that so soon she will be settled into her life with her dad, her family and room for a whole weekend and maybe that will help her adjust to having to leave after her visit has come to an end. I have kept you and your family on my prayer list so know that I keep you and yours close to my heart and thoughts each weekend.

Mary, good morning to you. Sorry to hear about your dog. I know how stressful and ER vet visit can be. Glad he's okay and will be coming home today. As for DH's Oh Yea they can sometimes be more stress than what was the orginal reason for stress. My DH goes into his ' make me stressful ' mode when we travel. He did that to me for years so now I give him all his stuff before we leave the house and he's not, repeat, NOT to bother me with questions about where's this or that. I just realized that I'm too old, to tired, to busy dealing with my stuff to add his things onto my plate. Sometimes you just have to draw that line in the sand and stick to it. Travel with him is where my line is drawn.

Okay, not much to post about so will close this here by sending well wishes for your today. Have a great day everyone.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. Today is chilly but there is no wind so we took a nice walk about half as far as we do in the summer. There is still about 8-10" of snow on the ground, and what was heavy and wet when it came down is now solid enough to walk on top of.

I have a friend who needs to borrow my trailer tomorrow. It has not moved since the snow started. I had to chip and shovel it out and get it out of the snow into the driveway for pick up. I had the bright idea that I could drag it out by hand rather than warm up the Jeep, drive it around back, hook it up, then reverse the process. I managed to get it out but it was not a good idea. I pulled something again, my own stupidity.

Mimi, I hope your GD is able to find happiness with her situation on both sides. It is so stressful for children to deal with shared custody and divorce.

Mary, the dog situation sounds terrible. I hope things stay calm now and your stress low.

Nancy, I'm glad you had a day off. Take care and be careful.

Linda R, glad your doing so well without meds. I think many of us including myself do better in the summer months.

Take care everyone,

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
A sunny warm day here...Went to church with mom..dad is not making it up in time these days...then went and got him for breakfast..

DH has put together some dinner for us to take over to mom and dad's today..and I did get some of the bushes cut back...things grow so fast...and all the dead parts needed cutting...ugh..DH said he would finish picking it up tomorrow...I did pick up most of it..

hope you all have a good week..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
thanks Cory.
I'm hoping for a good night's sleep-- we'll see. Trying to keep the dog fairly sedated all week will be a challenge. I already realized my benadryls for him are only 25 mg and he is 100 # they said he should have 3-4 50 mg. so I got the sort you have to take out of those bubble packs and its something I cannot do--so keep cuttin them with scissors and its so annoying. The little things in life matter most. LOL.

hope you get better weather soon.
mary

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
thanks Linda, helps to know I'm not the only one.

missist replied to fibroinsd's response:
Same to you!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.