Skip to content
Monday, Monday ****4/22/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....I posted this morning and apparently it just disappeared into cyberspace. Where o where did it go? Don't you just love it when you do a post and hit the post button and it vanishes? Well, perhaps this is not a good start for Monday. I hope it is not a sign of things to come.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

If the post appears....well I guess we will see.....as there are times when I do another one just for the first one to appear. Then there are 2.

Have a good Monday.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I've been up for a while but now my eyes are finally opening. I'm not sure yet how I feel, aside form tired like always. I'm waiting for my first cup of coffee to kick in.

It's COLD! It's only 31 and windy this morning, and it will only hit the low 50s today. The wind is supposed to get stronger. Where has spring gone?? Part of me longs to get out and work; but the other part wants to stay in where it's warm. We haven't had a "normal" spring in a few years and we've gotten really spoiled. Last year by this time we'd already had a string of 80-plus degree days and everything was green. This year the trees are still bare.

I actually worked a bit last week, cane and all. I had three small jobs to do, and I tried not to push. But I am depressingly out of shape! I had to rest a couple of times during the hour, which is annoying. I''m trying not to complain, though, because it did feel good to be out. It's going to take time to build up to doing even part time work. In that respect, I'm glad spring is taking its time.

Not much else to say---I'm still trying to wake up. Maybe breakfast will help. Hope everyone has a good day!

missist replied to angelswife's response:
Good Morning Folks!

Decided to take it super easy yesterday since I was so stressed by my dog's ER visit and Hubby, etc.. So I am feeling pretty good this morning, stiff and wobbly but not in pain. Which is great.

Its a bit cool this morning but pretty and sunny. I would like to work on things for my etsy shop first off today, but I may end up having to run to town cuz Mojo (my 100# white german shepherd) is busily licking his stitches--a total no-no. I've tried slipping his knock out pills in meat wrapped up in squished bread and every time he manages to inhale the sandwich and still somehow be able to spit out the pills. I got the idea I could grind the pills in my coffe grinder but they are liquid gel benadryl (generic) and I don't want it in my grinder. Thought I had some powder capsules but can't find them so I will buy some and see if that is better-- sprinkle it on his meat sandwich! ha! Let's see you spit that out!!

If I didn't have this body... I'd be outside digging in the dirt. maybe I will be a little bit later today. I have lots of plants and still haven't put any of them in a bed!! They are in my little cart waiting.

Also lots of ideas for art for my shop--and I hate that I get more ideas than I can ever put into place. One of the frustrations of this thing--and of mortality I'm sure.

Spring is lovely here in South Carolina, I hope it is for anyone still in the cold, very very soon!

Mary
Http://pokeberrypatch.etsy.com

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday morning MiMi, Sharon, Mary and to all that follow. I am wishing each of you a good day and one that doesn't have you dealing with fibro issues or pain.

Not much to post about today, getting a few errands in and will be so happy to be out of doors in the 70 degree temps with clear blue sky and slight breeze. Has been eye candy, real estate selling, beautiful here over the weekend and now same going on today and tomorrow. Will enjoy it like it's going away and I need to embrace it like I'll never see it again. Insert HAPPY smile here.

MiMi, sorry your post went missing into webmd's cyber space. Has happened to me a time or two and I just go : " AH what the heck. " and retype a post, but way shorter the second time.

angelswife, am beyond happy to know that you are out and doing, a bit slower, gardening things connected to your business again. : ) Also glad that it's giving you a paycheck(s) afterwards. Two birds with one stone. And like you said you were doing: Pace and Pace some more. And I too am glad spring is Pacing it's return so you can get back up to speed.

Mary, I am sorry that you have to take Mojo back into the Vet to get his stiches check. Our dog did the same thing after his nutering surgery. I know the stress of the Vet's ER visit is still with you. But I am sure as you see Mojo getting better you will be feeling better as well.

Cory, hope the weather has gotten better over you and that your back pain has eased up. Sending feel well
<<< HUGS >>>> to you.

Like I mentioned before I have just a few things to do today so I guess I should get at them.

Have a good day everyone.. Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

dollbug replied to missist's response:
Hello Mary....so sorry about your dog and his issues with the stitches. I am surprised that they did not put one of those collars so he could NOT get to them. I do not remember if you said exactly where the wound was though so perhaps that is why. I hope you will find a way to give him the medicine he needs and in a few days I am sure he will feel better. It is an ordeal when they do not understand to begin what exactly what is going on with them.

I think it is good that you have something to do with your ideas. Trying to focus on things is a BIG issue with me. I am assuming that this is due to the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. Not much that I can seem to do about it though.

I use to enjoy reading but I am having eye issues which prevent me from doing a lot of reading these days.

I do hope you have a better day today as I know exactly just how much stress can do to us FMers.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

missist replied to dollbug's response:
Hi Mimi...
I didn't take the collar cuz Mojo runs through the house panicking when he has one on. I think I found a solution I went to the store and got some generic kids benadryl liquid and poured it on bread--he thinks its a treat!! cherry flavor. So he's napping & i'm about to.

I also have a terrible time focussing. sigh.. I have a ton of ideas and get maybe a few done.

This morning I planted one little spot of iris, then ran to aldi and dollar general. I stay totally out of big stores these days if I possibly can-- so I do most shopping in tiny stores or online.

I then did a little woodburning on a piece of driftwood I got from my little lake. The lake is a reservoir made by damming up the catawba river, so its a 'run of the river' lake.

I put 'Peace like a river' on my piece of driftwood. I'm not sure I'm 'feeling that' LOL..but I'm aiming at it.

I'll take a picture and post it on my blog... after my nap.
if anyone wants to see it--
http://pokeberrypatch.blogspot.com

Peace.... like a river.
mary

angelswife responded:
Checking in again---it's shaping up to be a busy week. Our middle GD fractured her ankle this afternoon during track practice. When we caught up with her mom, we also found out the the oldest GD hurt her ankle at track two weeks ago; and mom is going in Wednesday for an emergency hysterectomy! She won't stop bleeding, and they found her uterus is full of endometrial tissue. It is also partially prolapsed. They are going to need a lot of help for a while, with her and the two GDs on the mend; so I probably won't be around too much.

On the home front, Husband is recovering from his concussion. Today, though, he slipped on the stairs and twisted his ankle, and he's limping almost as badly as I am. I managed to strain my back hauling boxes up a flight of stairs, so I'm not moving too swiftly myself. Early bedtime for both of us tonight!

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Hello everyone,

Sure does sound like a day full of boo boo's today. I hope everyone will recover quickly.

Mary- I am glad to found a way to give your dog it's medicine. Just a suggest in case you need it, our vet had us put liquid medicine into a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. Our dog gobbled it down so fast! We now use icecream for all her meds.

Angelswife - I am sorry to hear about all the sprain ankles and your husbands concussion. It sounds like you have your hands full.

I hope every one has a good week. Take a little extra time to see the flowers blooming. They disappear so quickly!

Soft hugs,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mnjeepguy responded:
I think Mother Nature is hovering over north eastern MN laughing her butt off. I manage to see the humor but not to laugh. We are under another winter storm warning. 4-8" tonight, but we could see 60 by the weekend. They mentioned thunder snow, a rare event that I have been in before. The last time it happened I saw green lightning over the big lake.

The front came in so fast that it beat me down. It seems to be a common issue for me. I was lucky that I was home for the day and only had a few chores and dinner to do. Dinner was leftovers so I lucked out there as well:)

The body is cranky today but the work is over until tomorrow so I will worry about that then. I am paring up with the more experienced millwrights on a bigger project. It is scheduled as a ten hr day, hopefully no longer.

I also had a strange sensitive area on the back of my head show up this afternoon. It is not quite painful, just sensitive to the touch enough that I keep touching it and driving myself nuts. Things could be worse.

Angelswife, I hope your family heals up quickly. It sounds like no fun at all.

Linda R, thanks for the thoughts.

Take care everyone, sleep well.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Wow Cory--that's pretty late in season. I used to live up in Fargo, ND and I recall by now it was past snow and into flood. LOL.. Wonderful place!

Happily in SC now. Still have my Fargo coat, huge thing with a tunnel of a hood, down filled.
Sympathy to you! Spring will come, some day...

I get my butt kicked by weather changes too. Also seems like once you have this thing, every part of your body is involved at some point.

God Bless, you are on my prayer list.

Mary

Need_Holistic replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory

I hope you had a restful sleep and whatever affects the weather had on your body will quickly pass.

I've only had one time a storm came in so fast and strongly that my legs buckled out from under me, but it was enough not to want to have it happen ever again.

Fast moving Rain storms are the worst for me. Occasionally the spasms are too strong for me to safely drive, so I stay home from work. Thankfully that only happens once or twice a year.

I feel compassion for anyone who has similar experiences. I wish I knew some magical solution.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.