Skip to content
Tuesday ****4/23/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC as today is the 2nd day that I posted and it vanished into cyberspace....really? OK....so I guess it is my computer which is doing this....I have no idea.

It is cool here but at least it is dry.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. This is a good place to learn what others have found to make a difference in the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Vitamin D....be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked.

That's all for now.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

missist responded:
Mornin' Mimi & all..
I'm off to the dr this am for blood work--shouldn't have made that apt. so early. Its about a half hour drive and I didn't realize I'd be in the midst of a fatigue onslaught.. oh well..

I'm finally getting all the meds down my dogs gullet instead of onto the floor--so that's a relief.

Been crazy tired lately--so my daughter said she'd come over and give me a hand.. yay! Such a relief just thinking about it.

Been watching a little river otter that is nesting in our dock--we got this place in Dec. and were planning to rebuild the dock--the end of it is in real bad shape--so apparently she has nested there before.. oy! Hubby has our boat where he works up in NC and is working on it, so dunno how this will work out. Sure can't kick out baby otters!

Well I've got just a few minutes to guzzle my coffee and get going. My best to all today!
Mary
http://pokeberrypatch.blogspot.com

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... Good morning to you all... I am up for a bit..

Took a shower at 4 am to slow me down... Am back on my colitis med for 10 days started the 6th.. After my epidural had time to sit in... It didn't go so well this time... I am still a bit swollen and sore... I tensed up at the end when he was putting it in... He said it was an instant swell... But it is much better than it was...... He said I won't need a third the way the first took... But this one din't make it much better yet... And my arms are still yucky lol... With more pain in my neck this time... But I need to give it more time he says... It's a week tomorrow... How much time...

>Oh well... Right now I need to concentrate on the hardness that is left in my tummy... That is why I am on the meds again... And a few other gross reasons lol... I shall be nice and leave them unmentioned as my breakfast is about done lol... Don't need the reminder lol..

It is nice here.. getting hot too soon for me but the kids like to live with the air on and the back door wide open which has the air running constantly... freezing me out in my room lol... So... I actually go outside to warm up lol.. and give them a hard time about griping about the upcoming electric bill... I took pictures of them sitting in front of the open door... lol... Not my money but it is my valuable ears lol...

My son is thinking about taking his x in... She has no place to live and says she will be on the streets with 2 children... I say there are shelters and in her case womens shelters... and if he doesn't take her back she will return to her husband now that is true love lol... It is so sad tho... She has involved the kids so much they are at odds with each other my 4 yr old granddaughter says she wants her here... my 5 yr old grandson says he is "finished with her"... in those exact words and doesn't want her here to fight with his daddy.. He also said all this in front of her...

I will be leaving and moving to NM if she moves back in... For 3 reasons... I won't stand in the way of my son's happiness and she puts me in the way... I can't live with the stress she causes me and others... and I can't live with her... and believe their only chance together is with me not here... oh... guess that is four...

My daughter is hoping she moves in.. I am hoping he listens to his son.. Out of the mouths of babes sometimes comes the wisest words... And don't ask if you don't want an honest answer... Not him anyway...

Only problem with leaving is leaving them and my son... I have raised them... and My son relies on me financially.. it will hurt them... and hurts me just thinking about it... I was going to visit myu daughter in June for a month I wish he could wait until then but she claims she needs to move in almost now... within the end of this month... So I would have May to be with her no matter what... I can't leave yet...

Oh well... Such is life in the life of Jan... And it truly takes my Dakota-Spirit to hang in there lol... And I AM hanging...

hope you are all doing the same... Take care...

Love... Jan/Dakota

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!

I'm supposed to go to a job this morning, but it's cloudy, windy and in the low 30s. I think I'll wait and see if it warms up a little.

I'm feeling really stiff after all that hauling yesterday, and I'm slow to get moving this morning. The kidney infection is history, though, and at the moment (fingers crossed) I'm not flaring too badly. Hope it stays that way...the rest of the week is going to be busy! We have meetings every night through Saturday; I have two jobs, and DIL's surgery is tomorrow. She will be out of commission for at least two weeks, unable to lift, drive, or be on her feet a lot. So we'll be pitching in to help with grandkids, dogs, shopping and housework.

The two older GDs are both nursing ankle injuries---the middle GD may need surgery on hers but they won't know for a week. Their dad had a hip replacement a month ago, and he's still moving a bit slow. With mom going in for surgery, they will need the extra hands. Husband and I, while moving slowly, are in better shape than all of them.

I need to get this day started---hope everyone has a good week!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good morning MiMi, Mary, Jan, angelswife and to all that will follow. I hope your day is going well and that you are able to enjoy everything you do.

It's going to be a nice day here, later tonight tho a storm is coming thru and it will drop temps down along with the rain. Then some sunshine Thursday but more rain with cooler temps this weekend. Ups and downs with weather, such is spring. So will enjoy the 76 degrees today while I've got um.

Like yesterday errands and house stuff to do. Not a lot on my agenda and that's a good thing. Am still enjoying a fibro remission of sorts. Feeling very well, sleeping thru the nights, no fog and over all feeling of well being, so, for me, just for awhile, the fibro symptoms have eased up to the point I forget about "IT".

Mary, so glad Mojo is feeling better. Your boat deck with baby otter(s) is intersting. Hope you and your DH figure out how to have both the boat and the otters. As they are just so cute and so smart.

Jan, sorry you have to move, I know it's stressful for you to leave your DS. Hope you feel better and that your day goes well today.

Angelswife, I'd wait until the sun warms up the area a bit more befor heading out. Sorry to hear about the GD's sports injuries. Someone should have shared the older daughter's injury before 2 weeks had passed. As for the mother's surgrey, I am sure if need be, you and DH will willingly lend a hand. Hope DH feels better quickly. And OUCH on his injury.

Okay, guess my day should start, so I'll close this here with my best wishes to all for a good day, a fibro issue and pain free day. Gentle hugs, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Hi All - it's good to be here today!

It's cold and dreary in southeastern Mass, it rained overnight and the overcast remains, only going up to 46? or so. I'm enjoying a rare weekday off, and I don't care what it's doing outside.

First let me comment on the Marathon. I got the news while working, and followed along on the radio. Stunned was what I felt, and I was glad to learn that my brother, who is a volunteer, was safe; he worked at the starting line. I watched TV with zillions of others as they caught one of the 'perps'. The FBI released the crime scene to the City of Boston, and they hope to have it cleaned up by tomorrow. Boston Strong!

Working is a strange thing - these people expect me to get out of bed, clean up, get dressed and go to their office?? LOL!! I'm enjoying most of the work, you have to get through the drudgery too. I'm hoping for a long run with this project; they said 10-12 months.

Wishing you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

BetteK replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou,

Last week must have been terrifying for those of you in the area. It was bad enough for the rest of the country. I just hope that this is the end of it and that there were only two people involved.

Gosh, I hope you get immense satisfaction from your job. It can make all the difference in the world to your life--and to your fibro. Doing a job you love, doing it well, and knowing that it makes a difference adds so much to your life. I envy you having to go to work each morning. (I still miss teaching my handicapped adults after 15 years!)

Maybe the sunshine we have here in WNY will visit you tomorrow. If so, get out and enjoy some--even if it's only at lunchtime.

BetteK

katmandulou replied to BetteK's response:
Hi BetteK, it was really nerve-wracking as the week went on. Who are they - where are they - then one was dead and the other was who-knows-where. I think if I lived in Watertown I would have lost my mind!

A local TV station will air an interview with the guy who owns the boat the bomber was hiding in. Oops, alleged bomber, tho' they both told the guy they carjacked that they were the Marathon Bombers.

People have continued to seek medical help, and the number has grown to 264. Some didn't know they were injured, others though they could deal with it at home. Most of those were tinnitus or minor injuries that wouldn't go away. Please continue to remember them all in your prayers.
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I had a long day today, 10.5hrs, but everything went good. I helped on a bigger project and we planned to be done by 4:30, and had time to clean up. It was nice to dig in and work with some of the best talent in the mill.

I was shot after work, but it was sunny and beautiful so I showered to loosen up and we took a short walk. It was the first time I have taken a walk this spring without a hat and gloves. We lucked out on the snow last night and only had about 3 inches this morning. I do believe the weather will finally warm up.

Take care everyone

Cory

BetteK replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

Doesn't being able to to go for a walk make your day perfect?
I took two today. This morning was with the dog. He's a lab and just learning to walk on my left and stay there--we do not want him going into the road without us and do not want him darting after cars while we're walking. This afternoon, I took the same walk at my own pace and actually enjoyed it much more.

I have to tell about the first time I took Yukon for a walk. I used a lead, and we were going along more or less together and having a great time. Then a neighbor drove by doing about 50 with his 3 hounds in the back of the pickup Next thing Yukon was running down the road at close to 50--must have wanted to join the party. Luckily, I had the sens to let go of the leash or I would have been joining the dog party too with Yuke dragging me along the raoad at his version of 50.

He's mellowed a lot since then. He hasn't quite learned what "heel" means yet, but he no longer drags me along after him --ready or not here we come!

For some unknown reason, I thought it would be safer to walk on our country road if I had a big dog with mie. Guess Yuke and I need some obedience training together.

Hubby says that, "Hell we've been married for over 40 years. I'll be glad to pay anyone who gets here to obey mel I secretely believe hubby would have trouble controlling Yuk if a truck full of pretty little beagles drove by, swishing their tails and calling come on down! We're gona party! or at leasst the doggie equivalent of it.

'm so glad you got to work on a bigger projecamd better equipment. I guess you were working with better mechanics, too. Working with a crack team and doing work you casn be proud of makes it all worth while.

My first great job was at Ortho pharmacuetical corp. We made birth control pills. We were also perfecting a treatment to prevent "blue babies" when a mother whose blood was Rh positive bore a baby who was Rh negative, the mother's body would make antibodies agaubst her baby's Rh negative blood. Ortho figured out how to prevent that . I was so proud to be part of the solution. I donited my blood every friday and mixed it with someone who was O positive to see how to prevent the immune system ffrom attacking this "foreign blood." We figured it out. from now on a negative mother with a pssitive baby will be given Ortho's RhoGam and this will prevent here forming antibodies that wold form and attack her second O Positive child. Before RhoGam, babys would be cslled blue babies when they didn't get enough oxygen to keep them healthy and pink. They died. I donated ,my blook every week. Then, 2 years later when my sonse were Rh positive, there was RhoGam for them. And alll because I gave a cup of blood every 2 weeks.

My sons would have been blue baqbies without RhoGam. Thank you Ortho Pharmaceutical. Thank you for leting me be part of this great project--a producgt that saved my William's life. Ir was a heady, exciting, time. Other employers could have donated to this project, but I did donate, and my blood helped save my own son's life.

I would love to have every worker in Americs experience that wonderful moment when something YOU did mad a difference for you and your loved ones.

That's the pride you should feel when you work on a Jeep. You are making it safe and comfortable for your family and for all the jeep families in your area. that is a major responsibility. Treat it as such.

BetteK

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.