Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day ****4/24/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is going to be a nice day but windy. I am glad that it is still dry....but I am sure we will have rain soon. Just hope it is not here for the week-end.

I did sleep ok until 2 am....when the furbabies decided they needed to go outside. OMG....not a happy camper but at least I was able to get back to sleep....but I am tired this morning. I think it is not good when my sleep time is broken up.

I kept my grandson for just a short time yesterday until his dad got home. Later in the day my son called me and I walked up to his yard. He was telling me that he had dozed off for a few minutes and when he woke up my grandson had gotten the Desitin and had smeared his face with this and was also putting it on his dad's face as well...OMG....not a good thing to do. My son was not happy at all.

My grandson also got upset the other night when his dad decided not to read a story to him since he would not pick out one to read. He then proceeded to make himself throw up. He had been sick earlier and had said how bad this was but then he made himself sick. Children do all sorts of weird things at this age. I was telling my son that most people say it is the *terrible 2's, I think it was the horrible 3's with my 3 children. I guess my grandson is there. He will be 4 in Sept.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find the *right combination of tools* which will help you cope better. You will find good info here under *tips* and *resources*...be sure and check out this. Be sure also to read the *member toolbox* as I am sure you will find some interesting things to check out as well.

Vitamin D....be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Here is hoping everyone will have a good day, with lots of sunshine to enjoy.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

missist responded:
Good morning! mimi & all..

I finally got some energy this morning--hope it will be enough to do what i need to. I was just outside--its a little nippy here, and the sky is cloud covered--although it is supposed to be partly cloudy at this moment it is all cloudy.

So.. I went down and hung a load of laundry out-- which I should do another ,but I will wait. I also saw my Japanese neighbor was out with her dogs. She knows only a few words and I know none of hers.

I noticed the other day she has some pink iris so I thought she knows how to grow them--so I gave her a bunch of the purple ones that I thinned out last week before this crazy overwhelming fatigue hit me. So she said thank you several times and smiled very wide.
I had meant to do that days ago, but pretty much stuck to my sun room for several days here.

I've stopped trying to drug up Mojo. I noticed that he isn't eating or drinking now--and he is STILL managing to lick his wound--so I have given up. He must have food and water afterall and now his sore seems to be doing OK at 5 days almost-so I will let nature deal with him now. Hopefully later today he'll come out of the bedroom and get some food and water in himself.

Paco (my black chihuahua) has been running to check on Mojo (white german shepherd) every time he comes in the house) He is not used to doing anything without his big brother.

I guess he has decided to live his life though, as he just ran out to the end of our dock and chased a pair of preening geese off the dock-- by himself. Now he is resting happily by his 'girlfriend' my little space heater. ( she is so pretty to him)

I am a little behind on my etsy work--but not really. I always pad the time for my custom work as I never know just how I'll feel from day to day and sometimes I need to rest and not work. So I am hoping to work on some things today after breakfast. I make wooden things mainly-- wedding cake toppers, gifts, toys.. I have a little workshop downstairs, haven't been in it since last week, so its time.

Well, I do hope all of you are doing well, hopefully with the energy you need for whatever your day will contain.

Mary
pokeberrypatch.etsy.com

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!

Just a short post...I'm taking it easy today. I worked for two hours at a job yesterday; and despite my being careful, I fell twice. Re-learning to do things without the cane isn't always easy, lol. The first time I fell, I was getting down onto my knees and my ankle gave out. The second time I was getting up from my knees and my ankle gave out again. This time I twisted awkwardly when I tried to catch myself, and I strained muscles in my back, ribs and shoulder. I am loaded up with meds this morning and moving very slowly.

But it's still a good day anyway---it's warmer and sunny out. I'm heading out to the deck with my crocheting so I can enjoy it. Hope everyone has a good day!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week everyone. I hope your day is going well and that your are not dealing with fibro issues or pain.

It's raining here. Dark and gloomy and when it rains, OMG it rains. Just pours down with thunder and lightening. It should be moving onto to NC by mid day, sorry MiMi, and then sun will come back out from the clouds. It will however be much cooler here today and tonight. UGH, spring's ups and downs. But tomorrow will be sunny and nice. Rain heading in again on Friday night into Saturday and will be effecting the runners in the Nashville Marathon.

Not a lot to post about so will make this post a short one.

angelswife, Oh NO.. I hope your ankle is okay. Jeez just when you are getting up and out. I do hope you the ankle feel better quickly.

Mary, love the Spanish names you give your pets. Being Spanish, married to a Mexican American and from Los Angeles I find your choice of names quite cute. I used to name my pets with Spanish names, Floco and Chico, but kinda got out of the habit and now use names like Lovey and Chibi. Not as cute as your choices tho.

MiMi, sorry to be sending our rain your way. I do hope that your weekend is dry, I know ours won't be. 70% chance of rain thru the middle of our state and then Eastward. Maybe our rain will hold off until Sunday. They say we will warm up again to the 70's, but rain again next week. I am holding the west coast accountable for this rain. I told my friends and family out there to stop sending ' their ' rain eastwards. Don't think they'll listen tho.

Okay, closing here with ' well ' wishes for each of you. Hope you have sunsine and warm temps over you. ( My cousin is

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
well energy---gone.
and my knee is all kinds of upset.I don't know? did I do something or is it this again? probably.

I just realized its only 3 weeks since I started celexa and gabapentin-I think maybe that is why I'm so tired?

BetteK replied to angelswife's response:
Angelswife,

It's so easy to give advice, but here goes. If you fell twice today because you were going without your cane, maybe you were going too long at a time without it. Do you think you might do better with a few hours without on the first day and a little longer each day until your body was really ready?

Just a thought.

When I was younger, I was always turning my ankle. I think it was X-rayed at least 10 times before I was 14. Then a school group sponsored a roller skating party. I was hooked. Believe me, there is nothing like lifting those heavy skates for 3 hours each session several times a week for building up leg and ankle muscles. You have to find a way to rebuild your muscles one day at a time. (That's what physical therapy is based on, after all. We just have to go more slowly than most people.)

Hope tomorrow is better and that the job is worth every little fall it may entail.

BetteK

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.