Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ActiVe Release therapy question
wondering1 posted:
My doc sent me for Active Release Therapy. I felt the therapist was thorough in his evaluation and then I received my first treatment. It "hurt good." But about 1.5 hours later I started with chills and sick feeling --like the flu. This lasted 24 hours and in the next 48 hours I have been weak and very tired. Is this normal? anyone have ideas? would be grateful.

He wants me to come twice a week for a couple of weeks -- which I cannot do at this rate.

thanks

missist responded:
ow. ow.

I have had trouble when I used to for physical therapy-- every time they would massage my neck and shoulders it would make the pain in my arms & numbness multiply about 10 fold.

But then.. my sister, who is also a massage therapist, worked on it for just a few minutes when i was on vacation near her.. and wow-- it was wonderful.

It 'may' be that the person you are seeing can do it a different way and it will help you--or maybe you need a different therapist.

If I were you--I'd tell them what happened an ask if they have an idea why? then go with your gutt-- if you think they are going to make you worse-- tell your dr and see if there is someone else you could see.

very hit & miss It seems.

wondering1 replied to missist's response:
Thanks so much. I see him again W. and will definitely talk with him. Thanks again.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.