Skip to content
Monday, Monday ****4/29/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where we are going to close this month with rain and lots of it. It is suppose to rain off and on now for several days....we got some yesterday and it will be the same here again today and several more days. I am already very tired of the damp weather....which I can feel it in the body big time. Hate this kind of weather. I am glad that I do not live in a place where it just happens to rain a lot.

At least it did not rain Saturday at the ballgame that my granddaughter played in. She can really hit a ball. She is such a sweet little girl who has lots of energy. She and her dad are like 2 peas in a pod. It is so funny to watch her. We asked her Saturday after my DH picked her up and they came to pick me up if she wanted to watch the wood cutters and what was displayed. She told us no, she just wanted to go and see her dad. If is almost like she thinks she will not have enough time to be with him. She is so happy when she is with us and then clams up when it is time to leave. This next week-end will be interesting as she will spend the first week-end with her dad. She has already looked over some of her clothes and asked her dad if she could take some things with her. I hope this does not cause a problem. She has a closet full of things that I have picked up over the past few years. Since I did not know exactly what she liked I picked out what I thought she might wear. I guess we will see just how this goes.
(for those of you who might now know this, my GD was not allowed to see her dad or any of his family for almost 3 years, until March when finally an emergency custody was scheduled after it was discovered that the ex had taken her out of NC, she was in Az).

Here is hoping everyone had a good week-end and got some much needed rest. I hope you had some sunshine to enjoy and pleasant weather as well.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort to figure out the *just right combination* of tools that will work for you. So hang in here with us and learn all you can....ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions and know that we are all in the same boat here....facing the wrath of the dragon, aka FM each and every day of our journey. There is hope. I think that the medical researchers continue to study FM and will figure out more about it for those of us who deal with it every day.

Vitamin D....be sure and enjoy some of the natural Vitamin D each day as the weather gets better. Natural Vitamin D is good for the mind and the body as well.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

missist responded:
Good morning Mimi & all..

We have a lot of rain too. I had a rare headache yesterday, due to pressure on my neck I think from the weather. Seems better today.

Still caring for my injured dog--he doesn't seem to heal from this well. I'm hoping he'll be better soon.

Been a bit apprehensive lately, worried about things--but am praying about it as I need to trust things will be fine with God's help.

I made a bill mistake last month and it meant paying two mortgage payments at the same time--so I was worried about that, it turned out fine. Hubby misunderstood me when I tried to explain it--hard to communicate sometimes as he is not home most of the time. We're hoping that will change soon.

A symptom I've been fighting with is brain fog-- so I'm not surprised I made a mistake that way, but I just feel like Hubby doesn't understand it as well as I wish--I don't feel that 'understanding' I'd like to have--more like annoyance at me or frustration. Which you know, feeds my bad feelings. So I'm concentrating on not being dragged down by that. Or kept down-I guess I'm already down, trying to fly upward.

I feel the past month has been a series of poor decisions by me, and its effected my thoughts toward myself greatly. I know it is partly fibro at least--and the meds for it. Makes me feel bad and lose self confidence.

Well anyhow praying for all of us here too-- that we can focus, get help with depression and loneliness & feel useful. I figure if I need prayer for that, probably others do too.

Well hoping we all have good days!

Peace,
Mary
http://pokeberrypatch.etsy.com

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday, last Monday of the month to all. I hope everyone had a good weekend, MiMi and Mary sorry yours were simi wet, as was mine. I hope everyone had a good weekend and that your didn't have to deal with fibro issues or pain.

It's overcast and dreary here,not going to rain but looks like it, and it's not cold. We are being told that it will be sping like this week.. Oh yeah, if today is an example of that it will be dreary.

DH and I got the yard all cleaned and set for the warmer months ahead. Mulched the flower beds and got in the last of the flowers we bought last weekend. The yard looks so nice, flowers out now and the lawns are pea green. Every tree has leaves now and it looks as if we had never had a winter here. The hummingbirds we had last weekn have moved on up North so I guess 'ours' will be here in a few days. That seems to be their pattern to arrive by Mother's Day.

MiMi, glad your Saturday with your grand daughter went well. I hope she can take a few thing from her closet home. She will have things to remind her of her dad and all of you through the week. I wasn't surprised to read that the mother went out and bought some kind of bike for her only after learning her father had bough her a new one. There really seems to be something wrong mentally with that lady. I am glad that she now has her dad, you and your family to love and be loved by.

Mary, sorry about the fog.. we all have our days with it.
Feel better soon.

Cory, I too am glad the snows melted.. wishing you spring like weather quickly.

Not much to post about so I'll close this off here with wishes for a really good day. Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I was fortunate that I took a relaxer last night for my back, it helped a bit. I was able to work outside at the plant today stacking steel on the storage rack. It was fairly heavy work and It didn't wreck me this time.

I was able to come home and get a lot of things done. When it warms up I always get a little stir crazy and need to keep busy. I was able to rake the yard out back and it is small so it didn't take long. I took the Weber out of hibernation and grilled a steak for the first time of the year. In between the yard work and grilling I vacuumed the winters filth out of the Jeep. We didn't get to walk so I was going to later but I figured I better not press my luck any further and relax.

Mimi, I'm glad that the weather was dry for the game.

Mary, I struggle with a lot of the same things. Don't beat yourself up too much. We do what we can, when we can. I hope your dog heals up ok.

Linda R, the snow in town is melted exept for the piles from plowing large areas. the woods still have up to 2 feet! The inland lakes have ice still but I bet it is going fast. Just last week some had 30 plus inches of ice yet from the April snow insulating the ice. It will be a tricky fishing opener coming up.

That's all for today, enjoy the evening and take care everyone.

Cory

BetteK responded:
Hi All,

It's still technically Monday for almost another hour. We had gray, damp clouds and the barest minimum of actual rain today. The damp ramped up my pain to a level 8. It couldn't have happened on a better day, though. It was trigger point injections day. I think those shots will be a big help by morning.

We live in a house with 3 freezers. (We sell our beef and pork cut, wrapped, and frozen and sometimes have to hold it for a while for our customers who are not ready when the butchers are done with their custom cuts.) Unfortunately, all 3 freezers are down cellar where I no longer feel safe going, so hubby gets out our meat for us. He didn't get any out for tonight.
We wound up going out for Chinese--and on a Monday night!
It was a nice surprise that hubby, son, and I all savored.

MiMi, how wonderful to be able to be with your granddaughter--and with your son as he gets to know her again.

Mary, be aware that some banks credit your extra payment as being placed on the principal only during the month you actually paid it. Then the expect a new payment the next month. Been there. Done that. Fibrofog again.

Linda, I bet you and DH had fun working together on the yard.
That first spring cleanup is one of the things that shows a lot of progress for what is a comparatively little time spent. Think of the hours and hours you'll spend weeding, watering, feeding, dead-heading, etc. It's great to look at all you have accomplished, isn't it. And you did it together.

Cory, Isn't it a shame that you can't always get that muscle-relaxer ability to do all the things you want to do. And, of course, it's iffy to use those meds all the time. They might not work when you really need them. But it is great that they worked for you and that they worked this time.

AND TO ALL OF US, Hope your Tuesday is stress-free, as close to pain-free as possible, and sunny inside you--no matter what the weather is outside.

BetteK

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.