Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****5/2/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is dry but cool. It is cloudy right now though. So I guess we might get some showers off and on....or maybe not. We did get just a few sprinkles yesterday...nothing major though.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers. So far it has been 4 violations of *Constitutional Rights*....REALLY??? I have to wonder just what the *purpose* is in all of what is going on....I am sure there is one just do not quite understand it yet. First it was my older son and the ex and now it is my daughter and some lunatic who no doubt has gotten by with making people believe and act on lies. Not a good thing.

And I think that most attorneys are just useless. They only want to get a person to take a plea no matter whether or not they are guilty. I am now understanding more and more just how the so called *justice system works*....and for the most part it is NOT like it is meant to be. Actually the system is NOT geared to deal with innocent people just caught up in the system.

OK....enough on my soapbox today.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group and the FMers who have decided to return...as I hope everyone will remember once a FMer, always a FMer...we are delighted that you have decided to return. I also hope that everyone will share what they have found that has truly helped them cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. This is why we are here.

Vitamin D....just a reminder of how important Vitamin D is....be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi & all to follow.

Mimi--you & family are still in my daily prayers. Peace to you!

Well I'm already on plan B for the day. I went to down to my little work room and tried to change the bit in my drill and it is stuck fast. I do not have a clue what it us up but I can't get the thing out. Funny cuz I was thinking how nice it is that my left thumb doesn't hurt and I had to use it to try to do this, so I got it paining a little--but not bad.

I need someone stronger to do this--or I need a different drill. I saw my son in law was on facebook--he works 3rd shift-so I messaged him to see if he could help me--and just asked 'are you up?" and he promptly sent me my late rent by paypal and got off facebook! LOL.. I did need that too, but it wasn't what I wanted to ask. I'm sure he went to bed. So--didn't get him to fix my drill (they are 15 min. from here in a house we own) but at least I got my rent finally. LOL.

so.. Plan B--I have a project in mind I haven't found time to do--so I guess I'll work on it this morning til I can go over and catch my 2nd shift son who lives with my daughter and her family in my other house.

Also want to stop at the thrift store and see if can find any cups/bowls or saucers that are pretty--to use for starting plants. Since I have my little 'garden' on my deck I don't want to have ugly containers, I thought maybe mismatched china or something would be pretty out there combined with my clay pots.

Seems like I have spent the past 30 years or so living Plan B or C or D every day. Funny how it must be Plan A in God's eyes, but I just don't see all His plans.

Well.. anyhow its chilly here--I didn't check the temp but I decided finally to put the heat on. At least for a while. It looks like it may be a rainy day--but again-- didn't check. Maybe Plan B should start with a nice hot soak in the tub? Sounds good.

Have a good day folks!
Mary
pokeberrypatch.etsy.com
pokeberrypatch.blogspot.com

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday MiMi and to all that will follow. I hope May's 2ND day finds all of you enjoying the day.

It's over cast here for the most part. The sun is trying to peek thru the clouds every now and then. Not cold tho, 77 today. Rain due in here later today, and rain chances build over the next 4 days. Then the rain will move east of us and be gone and temps will go back up and the sun will come out. YEA!

Spent yesterday doing errands. Had lunch with DH up where he works and then got some shopping in. Did the marketing last night @ KROGERS food chain, because of the 10% off to seniors 55 and older on the 1ST day of the month. NICE, I saved 65 dollars with sale items, clearence items, coupons and in store sales. YEAH me! It takes a lot of work to get all the stuff together. I have to load their sale items onto their store card, hunt those things down, add coupons to them and hope I am not going to have any fibro ' fog ' issues. Last night's trip to shop worked, some days for me, not so much.

MiMi, it's just so wrong that this nut has gone after your DD again. He should be in jail, this guy is stocking your daughter! Surely theres a lawyer she can hire there that can see this and get this guy put in jail and stuck for the lawyer fees your daugher and husband have had to shell out for these terriblely wrong claims against her. Just makes my blood boil. It's so wrong!

Noticed Julie has changed her screen name, it's nice to have her back.

Cory, sorry the weather is still bad up where you are. My cousin posted a picture of his drive way up in Fairbanks yesterday and it was 2 feet deep in snow. Not fair to him or to anyone this time of year.. SPRING.

angleswife, hope you are feeling much better and have been able to rest your ankle. <<< HUGS >>>

DH has the day off so I will be making this a short post.
Hope everyone is well. Wish all of you a good day, sunshine, warm temps and no fibro issues or pain.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Mimi....Amen to your insight...about the "justice" system and the lawyers...it is so hard to clear your name ...I am praying this doesn't take another three years to clear up..but I wouldn't be surprised...

Well, a beautiful day today...but on the fibro side..I have been having so many neck-aches these days...I keep thinking I may have to go back on Cymbalta..but I am trying to just deal with it..

I saw a picture of Sharon N's yard in Minn....today..ugh..so sorry for you all up north...I am betting that soon it will all melt and the summer will be on !

Think I will try and go stretch out for a bit..I am pooped..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I had a very long day yesterday, but I made it. I was about to leave work after an 11hr day. As I was literally on my way out, we had a serious fire. I started at 5:30 am and most of us mechanics were there for 16 hours. It was not easy to keep going. Most of us did not have break for 6hrs. I knew if I sat down that would be it.

The good part was that none of us probably had to stay that long but we all value protecting our facility. The fire department took care of it until it was manageable then we finished, did a small repair, and had to un-flood half of the plant. We were able to protect the people and equipment involved.

I went home at 9:45, and showered, went to bed, and got up at 5:20 for todays work. I was very slow today and beat up, but so was everyone else. The bosses all knew that and respected the fact. I am still a mess and hoped to get Friday of since I worked a double yesterday, allowing me to hit 40hrs today, but they want me to come in. I hope to leave at noon.

I am having a rough time today, probably the body's way of telling me I did too much. I get sore and tired, then depressed. At least tomorrow is the end for a few days and I can heal up.

On a good note, we never saw a single flake of snow here, no frost this morning. The birds were singing so I knew we were alright.

My mother is home. I was waiting all day to get a call on her condition. It was too late to call her last night so I haven't yet. She left a message saying it was a medication problem that put her in ICU for 2 days. I think my brother may be right, that she has a terminal illness she will not tell us about, hence the morphine pump. I have never heard of anyone having one for fibro before. I was very worried we would lose her in her frail state.

This eve I am sitting on my couch taking deep breaths, reminding myself that I have a good life. Even if the day brings great challenges, they are all worth it. Take care everyone.

Cory

BetteK responded:
Mimi, just as your son's life has taken a turn for the better with seeing his daughter more, your dear daughter will get clear of this horrible, twisted man.

Mary, your deck garden sounds wonderful. I'd like to do something like that on our front porch. Unfortunately the porch is burried under an old fridge, an adult tricycle, 3 non-functioning gas grills, and a lot of other stuff hubby stashed there. Mind you, this is our FRONT porch. Aren't you resourseful to always have one more plan.

Linda, I wish we had a grocery store that gave senior discounts. The best we do is our AmEx card; we get discounts on everything, so we put everything on the card. We pay it in full every month and never get stuck with interest. The best part is that after we spend $6000.01 at the gas station, grocery, and pharmacy the discount goes up to 5%. Lunch out with hubby sounds good, too.

Cece, maybe it's something in the air. My neck's been bad for the past few weeks, too. The worst is when I turn my head, I get dizzy/lightheaded. At least the sun's out, and it will be 70 and sunny for the next week or so!

Cory, what a day you had! It's so lucky that no one was hurt and that there was so little damage. Hope you get that half day off to recuperate. You deserve it.

And to all of you, hope your Thursday was good and Friday will be even better. Remember, less stress equals less pain.

BetteK

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.