Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Muscle Pain in my legs - cant hardlly stand- weakness
An_251746 posted:
I have a sed rate of 63 low Vitamin D- 18, and severe muscle aches in my LEGS and leg weakness. I have had an issue with being damaged during a partial hysterectomy - my ureter was cut and I now am left with 29% functioning kidney and 71% functioning kidney. Why do my legs hurt! Why is my sed rate 63? Please respond if you know.

BetteK responded:
An,

I looked up sedimentation rate and found that if the rate is faster than normal it means you have an infection or cancer or inflamation. It doesn't say what a slow rate like yours means.
Sorry.

Wow! Your gynecologist must have been blind. Since the ureter drains urine from the kidney to the bladder, there's no way to empty that kidney. Wouldn't you think they've figured out how to stick in a length of tubing or something to do the job?

Are your legs swelling up with fluid? That would cause a lot of pain and weakness. It would also make sense if the kidneys are no longer able to do their job right.

I am sure that some of the other FMers out there have better answers for you.

In the meantime, keep your legs elevated above your heart as much as possible, and try to find answers in places like WebMD and from your own doctor.

Wish I do something--anything--to help you,

BetteK

missist replied to BetteK's response:
I do not know what you are asking, but I will pray for you.
Hoping your doctors can make all your questions clear to you, don't know why they don't explain things better. Mary

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Dear An_251746,
Have you seen a doctor? This sounds like something that should be answered by a doctor. I know my legs hurt because I am overweight, I have FM, gout, and tons of different arthritis.
I also had knee surgery last November. I will pray for you. I hope you get your answer soon. Please keep in touch to let us know how you are doing.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.