Skip to content
Are there no recent posts?
nononsenselady posted:
I have to admit I don't get on this site often, but I was noticing the last post was 10 months ago. Am I missing a lot of posts or is no one using this site? I have finally realized I really have fibromyalgia and not complicated by silicone breast implants. Had the implants removed in November of last year and not any better so I guess I really do have it without the silicone being the blame. I will be meeting with a rhuemetologist (Sp?) on July 1 who is in private practice who will be more helpful than the doctors I have seen at a local cold and impersonal clinic. Wish me luck please!

dollbug responded:
Hello ....MiMi in NC....there are some of us who post each and every day....so I am not quite sure exactly what you are referring to when you ask if anyone is using this site.

WebMD made major changes some months ago and we no longer have Dr. P or any of the other *special professional guests* here to join us. Caprice, our moderator is also no longer here. But the FM group is still active. We get new members all the time. It is an open door though for anyone who wants to join.

I am sorry that you found out for sure that you do indeed have present the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It is a very mean and ugly illness....as I am sure you already know....but there are *tools* that you can use that will make life a bit easier.

I would encourage you to make sure that your doctor checks your Vitamin D level when you go back. Low Vitamin D is very common for a lot of people....not just us FMers...and I do know that low Vitamin D caused additional pain in my life....and medical research indicates that low Vitamin D can also affect other illnesses as well.
The test is just a simple blood test....BUT you must ASK the doctor to check it as it is not included in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do yet. (I still do not understand why this has not been done)....the best part of knowing IF indeed you have low Vitamin D is the fact that it just might help your pain level and it is a *cheap fix*...but it is also hard to get your level back to within the *normal range*.

I hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox*....as there are all sorts of good *tips and tools* that you might try that might help you cope better. We are all different and what helps one person may or may not help you....only you can decide what is helping you.

Hang in here with us and post often, ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions....we do understand what you are dealing with.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
It is such a shame that you have to wait til JULY to be seen? That is amazing.

I am sorry you have joined the fmily of fmer's but the site is alive a well, it is slow now maybe due to spring and people running out in the sun and getting busy.

I wish for you to look to the right under eesources and look for the MEMBERS TOOLBOX post and read it, it is lengthy but worth the trouble. Many tricks in there. Also reading under DR.P all his wisdom that was shared here in the past.....
P R I C E L E S S.

Hope all gets better for you................Nancy B

maggiethedoglover replied to booch007's response:
Hi Nancy,

I meant to log on last week to wish you and all of the other nurses on this site "Happy Nurses Week!!!". You are all heroes in my book.

Nancy, you never hesitate to jump right in and offer great advice to someone in pain. Thank you for being the kind, knowledgeable person that you are!

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.