Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ****May 5, 2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is too early for me to be up....but when the furbabies decide it is time for them to go out....well, I do really have any choice in the matter. We went to my granddaughter's ballgame....it was really chilly but we were able to find a good spot and actually stay in the car to watch the game. It was cool and actually had a few sprinkles before the game started. They did not win but it was a game....some good experience for children. I hope there are not many games this early though. It is hard for me to get up and going so early in the morning.

Stressful day....I can not even believe what is going on with this. My daughter now has a summons and 2 warrants....I think this man is obsessed with perhaps trying to set a record. I can not even believe what is going on here. It is almost unbelieveable, to say the very least. She has 2 attorneys and trust me when I say...they have told her they have no idea what to do about all that is going on. How can a person prove that they did not / are not doing what some crazy person is claiming. The 911 call that I tracked down actually says a lot. But I am sure that he is not telling anyone at the magistrate's office that he made these calls.
It would NOT even take a smart person to hear and know that there is something very, very wrong with all of this mess.

OK...enough on my soap opera. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers. I do appreciate any and all that anyone can and will send my way.

I had to go to the vitamin store yesterday and picked up a magazine which had some interesting articles about Vitamin D....there was an article about tooth decay and how Vitamin D can prevent this. I had no idea. Supposedly there have been lots of studies on Vitamin D and they are still finding out so much that Vitamin D level helps.

For the new members here...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level. This just might make a BIG difference in your pain level...but as with anything else...it does take time and effort. Getting your Vitamin D level might actually take more time than the 6-8 weeks. I know it did for me. Actually it took well over a year.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find the *just right combination of tools that will help you cope better*....there are no quick fixes so hang in there and continue to keep on keeping on until you find what works for you. We are all different and what helps one person may or may not be right for you. Only you will know when you have found what works for you.

It is cool here today and very breezy...a lot of rain is expected for the next few days...which is NOT good for my mind or my body. I have enough going on as it is so I am looking for better weather.
Not much that I can change about it either.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great day and remember that things could be worse.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning Fmily....

A day off and a dollar wiser! Mimi Vit D is huge in Calcium absorption so maybe that's it role in the cavity help?* Just guessing.

I am so sorry for the soap opera stuff, you do have so much you deal with but I see* in your writing you get stronger with each part of it. I wouldn't have a clue of how to *find a 911 call...........you are an amazing parent. An amazing parent who despite her own fights continues to bear witness for her children and protect them.

I am in a state of joy, good is coming to me right now. Pain is higher than I would like as I am in *spring mode and you all know I am alone for so much of the work. I decided this year I am not turnign the clothes over to the season.....I am just buying some new things for us. (Much less physical)

I am in a state of joy as the Baby we are having is a GIRL. Another girl (no name yet) but all of them can play together....and a daughter is forever*. My other son was voted to CEO of the Chamber of commerce in our towna nd front page news here.......paid position along with his other 3 jobs **(he is like his Mom (poor thing))

Things are great........I sit here typing to you with my day off, loads waiting for me...but I wanted to see everyone and look at some posts. Hope you are all using your toolboxes and trying your best to lower the pain levels we live with.

I had trouble walking the steps this a.m. to get the cat....stiffness is moderate and even though I went for a massage I am quite uncomfortable with right hand numb this a.m. too. You never know how you will wake up. It can be different everyday.............I lost our dragon for a bit maybe as my adrelaline for these projects at work had me stress running....but I am more organised and still pushing but not as stressed, so I am becoming more me*. The other thing is the work load at home......

Spring is the best season in New York to give you HOPE. Everything refreshes itself and starts again. The new greenis a young green and then changes as the leaves age. The birds have a sweet song that is so beautiful to here...the scurry activity of animals making nests....my deer are so skinny from winters emptiness and they are here looking* each evening...It is a place of beuty if I take the time to look*.

Take the time to LOOK* in your life today...medicate, get out and distract and look at something beautiful. It is good for the spirit, good for the soul, good for your chemistry!!

Yesterday i sat with my Kentucky Derby Hat on watching the race...DH came home and said "Where's the Mint Julep?" I have no idea how to make one......but I didn't take the aht off til the race was finished. (I picked the wrong one) It is 4 years now that I watch this......I listen to all the stories of the horses and riders and the hopefuls, I pick.....and then I lose! HA! I would make a terrible gambler!

OK, Hugs to all the fmily. I have 2 weks of laundry waiting for me and sheets on our bed can probably stand on their own!! YUCK, I have to get control of our lives today.

Good day to all, a lower pain day. Nancy B (posted wothout a spellcheck*)

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B....so good to see you post....I am glad that things are good for you. A lot going on in my life and I feel so very hopeless and have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Not a good feeling let me tell you. What is so bad is that there seems to be NO ONE who can *fix* this issue. In Feb this lunatic was allowed to take out *self initiated warrants* and he did so for 3 weeks...and now it has started again. NC is one of just a *few* states who actually allow this...it might be the only state now. I do not know for sure. Most of the time a person who accuses someone of something must report it through the proper law enforcement in order to get charges against a person...well...NC is different and it is very sad when innocent people are caught up in the system.

I can do only so much...and trust me when I say I have done a lot. I have contacted the NC General Assembly, the SBI, FBI and local authorities...my daughter and her husband (who the man has also targeted) now has 2 attorneys and they do not know what to do either....but they sure didn't mind accepting the money to *fix* the problems in the beginning....I tell you most attorneys are NOT WORTH the money that people fork over for *NOTHING*...I sure hope it does NOT take another 3 years to get through this mess...It took that long for anyone to finally *address the situation with my older son*....just when I thought things would get better....OMG...this mess started...I guess there is indeed a *lesson to be learned and shared with the world here*...BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT MIGHT BE.

GIRL****OMG.....I sure hope we are going to get a girl also.....and I know my daughter in law would love to have one as well. I would then have 2 of each. I am not even sure though that they are going to find out. They didn't with the first one. It doesn't really matter anyway...as it is what it is. Thanksgiving will be exciting though. I can hardly wait again. It is so hard for me to think that we will have another little one around Thanksgiving. So sweet and innocent little ones to love and to cherish. What a wonderful blessing that GOD provides to us.

I hope you will be able to *catch up on things today*....remember though to pace, pace and pace even more.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist replied to booch007's response:
Good Morning to you all!!

Sunday-- although I haven't ventured out to find a church since we moved here-- I still have that 'Sunday Feeling' in me. Just got done praying for folks here and me too and others.. Anyhow I am seeing answers to many prayers and that is a lovely thing! I know we are loved and God is waiting to help with our struggles, just a prayer away.

Mimi--I'm thinking your daughter's attorneys maybe need to file a lawsuit against this person for harassment and get her a restraining order. I think they can do that--if they do--there would be some kind of court order that he must stop and she can keep a copy of that & a restraining order on her person--so if there is a warrant for her, she will have something to show as self protection. With 2 attorneys they should be able to figure something like that out-- are they good attorneys? Or just collecting the $ and not helping? Just a thought..

Nancy- I too am someone who is drawn to nature, I live on little lake now so there's lots of new things here for me to look at. We just moved in here before Christmas--or I did, Hubby i still living up 3 hrs away for now, but we are trying to get him a job down here. Yesterday 2 goose families with new babies swam by me. I have a sun room and porch that overlook the lake and we're pretty close to the water edge- so I can see lots of things. This morning a big turtle has been popping its head out of the water. I love spring--but this one has been chillier and rainier than usual here in upstate SC. rainy / chilly today and yesterday. Not much rain but just clouded up and a little cold. Not cold like other areas, but cold for us.

Lately I'm trying to get my house in nice order as we''re going to have house guests soon--my 2nd Son is coming later this month with his girlfriend that I haven't met. In June my older son is coming with his wife and 2 children--one of which I haven't met yet--so that's exciting! We are going to have a 1 year birthday party here for 2 grandsons that were born last June. One lives 15 min. from me, the other in WA state--where my oldest 2 boys have settled. I have a son and daughter here too-- and a son in law and 2 grandkids here in SC.

anyhow its exciting, I don't get to see these boys & their loved ones near enough--so want to enjoy every second of that time.

In the meantime I want to build up my etsy shop so it is more profitable--but not a lot more work-- so I'm trying to come up with things I can print to complement my wood items. I'm praying to be more focused and manage my time better. Its tough to stay on track with things when you have a head full of fibro fog most of the time. LOL..

Anyhow that's enough from me. Have a very blessed Sunday all of you, and those to come!

Mary
pokeberrypatch.etsy.com
pokeberrypatch.blogspot.com

katmandulou responded:
A quick Sunday checkin, and I hope everyone is as well as they can be.

Work is making me crazy -in the good way. I love getting paid every week. One of the people I'm working with has shown her true colors. I made a small mistake (fixed a typo) and instead of speaking to me, she went to the Boss. Unknowing, I walked into a meeting with the Boss and had my a$$ handed to me! I sat in stunned silence while I got a gentle lecture, and it took a few minutes til I knew what the Boss was talking about. Grrr!

Things are good at home. I'm feeling healthy, except for my allergies. April showers bring May mold, so I'm sniffing all over the place.

Mimi, I'm sorry your DD is still dealing with that lunatic (TL, I'll call him). I wish I could help. I think Mary's idea about her getting an order against TL is a good one. Someone will realize that she feels threatened by him.

Nancy, I didn't get to see the Derby yesterday. I think the winning horse was the first favorite in a long time to win. For what it's worth, I've had mint juleps, and I don't like them.

Mary, I'll check out your etsy shop as soon as I can see straight. Working on the computer all day makes me a bit cross-eyed, so I don't always get on line when i get home.

I wish you all the best day - the best week - you can possibly have! Til next time,
Lou

missist replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi Katmandlu--boy don't you hate when that happens at work?
Seems like you need to learn the pecking order as well as your job. Hope it improves. Mary

missist replied to missist's response:
Kat---
Actually- the same thing happened to me once.
I went to the person afterwards, with other's around--so it wasn't a private setting, but I didn't raise my voice or anything. I just very clearly asked her, if I had made a mistake that she noticed---why did she not mention it to me rather than informing the boss.

She made a quick snappy reply-- of 'well its not my job' that sort of thing--- to which I really had no answer I think I just blinked. But I walked away.

Not 5 minutes later she came and apologized to me and after that treated me like a friend the entire time I worked there.

so-- I think, she knew she'd been a jerk-- but it sort of had to be shown in front of others before she could own it.

dunno if it would help you--but thought I'd share it. It worked for me--not that I knew it would at the time.
Mar

BetteK replied to booch007's response:
Nancy,

I think I know how to make a mint julip. You smash some mint leaves in the bottom of your glass with a little sugar and a splash of club soda. You fill the glass with ice cubes add burbon and a little more club soda. It's all in a "rocks" glass and garnished with fresh mint leaves.

That horrible man should be recorded by the police or at least the phone co. You need evidence for court. Even a demented former cop cannot dispute his own voice.

Has your dd gotten an order of protection against him? So far he has been in control. It's time to get him on the defensive.

Food for thought,

BetteK

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
Evening All

So sorry for the troubles MiMi...sounds to a point like some of what we're dealing with here...DD#1...16...has restraining order against an exbf of hers. He keeps finding ways to harrass her. Most recently last week. Not enough evidence to convict him. Again. So we get up from the trenches once again and strive to move forward.

Soccer practices have started for DD#2 and DS. The season is behind as it's been so cold this year. Most snow just finished melting away last week! Today was 68 and tomorrow will be 73. It will be soccer 6 nights per week for this MamaBear.

Julie

Wolfsong452 replied to CORYSGIRL30's response:
sending warm and healing thoughts to all who are having problems, be it FM or family,

Take time for yourself!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.