Skip to content
Tuesday ****5/7/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is cool and damp and more rain is expected for a couple of days. We did see just a bit of sunshine yesterday....but it soon disappeared....and we had lots of showers off and on all day and some last night as well. Furbabies were not happy....they do not like bad weather.
And since they did not sleep well, I did not sleep well either. I woke up around 3 am but was able to drift back off to sleep but I do not feel like I got much sleep at all this morning. It is going to be a very long day for me. I have to run an errand this afternoon as well after I keep my grandson for a while. It is what it is though as I can not change what needs to be done. I have a deadline to meet.

I do hope every one else was able to rest good last night and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon and what good tools and tips that others have found to help them. It does take a trial and error process to figure out the *just right combination* for each of us.

Vitamin D...again I am including this info for any new members to view. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for a lot of people these days. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked.

Here is hoping there is sunshine today for some to enjoy. I am looking forward to the week-end again so that I can see some warmer and better weather. It is predicted to get to 80* on Saturday. OMG...this will indeed be a change.

I do hope this rain will get rid of the pollen...I am still having issues with my eyes. Not a good thing at all.

That's it for now.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Mimi & all to follow.
Kind of chilly down here in SC too-- though we have some sunshine up there- and some clouds--hope we don't get more rain. My little lake is up over my rock lined shore this morning, I just moved here in Dec. so I don't know if it gets higher but this is as high as I've seen. There is a series of dams run by Duke Power company and they regulate the water so that's good. They make sure it doesn't get too high or too low I guess.

Well I had a night! Slept in the recliner finally, I had a lot of hand pain last night--but it is much better now. I like that nowadays I have a dr that gives me some things that work-- back in the day, they just thought I was nuts I think-- but fibro wasn't well known then. (although some of them still think that)

So anyhow hands are better now, and will be even better after my morning pills, have to wait for breakfast time as I take a thyroid pill when I first get up. don't the other stuff til breakfast.

I used someone's suggestion here... bad memory.. was it Betty? to take 2 baths a day--and I did a quick hot bath before I went to bed. I think it helped--I would have slept well if it weren't for coughing (asthma season) and some acid reflux--I'm sure it is that I can't snack in the evening if I take my celebrex--which is worrisome--I sure hope I don't get to where I can't take that! I do know how some of the folks here who can't get their pain meds any more due to them being re-classed or something--I would really HATE to have to be in pain like that again, knowing there was something that used to help.

so anyhow-- looking forward to a productive day, working on finishing up some etsy orders--no wood sanding today. yay!

Hope everyone is well as possible, able to focus and do what you they can. Praying for you all! Mary

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Good morning to all,

Beautiful day here. The sun is shining brightly. Suppose to get in the upper 70's. More rain by this weekend.

I am sorry to hear that MiMi and Mary both had bad nights. I had a good one for a change. Only got up once to use the bathroom. My dog even slept thru the night for a change. I woke up stiff and can not seem to get rid of the stiffness. I can deal with the stiffness, as long as it does not turn into pain.

We are having a fun week at work. Celebrating nurses week a week late! Better late than never! Everyday someone is bringing in a treat for everyone. Yesterday was lots of candy and today is cake. I work in a women's prison in the medical department. I am a medical clerk. I love my job. It is the least stressful job I have ever had.

I hope everyone's day goes good. Please take a little time for yourself.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday everyone. I hope that your day is going nicely and that you have a great rest of the day, with no fibro issues or pain. I hope the sun is out where you are today and that there is warm temps and soft breezes as well.

Speaking fo that, it's so pretty here today. The rain ( that people here were so worried about because of flood of May 2010 ) that had been wrapping around us for the past 4 days has FINALLY moved east, sorry MiMi and Mary, and we have sunshine and temps into the 70's. It will be nice, sunny and warm for the next few days. I can really learn to like that. Spring has come in spirts here. Some days it's so spring like, other days it's more like February. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind and make it spring and keep it that way.

DH and I saw ' OUR ' hummingbrid(s) at the feeders yesterday. They come right around Mother's Day, so we know these are ours. By next week we should have most of them back and a yard full of them nesting in the tress around the house. It will feel so normal, so spring like, to have them back. I do so miss them during the winter months. I am hoping that DH hasn't created himself a monster by having so many feeders out. We had @ least 40 hummers last season and if they come back with babies, OMG, it will be way too busy in our yard over the next warm spring and summer months.

Not much to post about. I am feeling pretty good, not many fibro issue to mention. IBS is at bay, vision good, memory hanging in there and aches and pain, not so much. It's so good to be able to say " I don't hurt. " and " I don't ache and I don't feel like a Mac Truck ran me over while I slept. I wish all of you here that feel good feeling too that comes with spring's sunshine and warmth.

Since I wasn't on the board yesterday let me wish and thank all of our nurses a belated happy Nurses day. I hope each of you had a great day.. you deserve it for all you do!

MiMi and Mary, sorry you both had bad nights. I do hope that you each get caught up tonight by sleeping right thru.

I'll close this here, wishing each of you a good day, a fibro issue and pain free day. I hope there is sunshine and warm temps where your live today. Have a good night's rest as well.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

jillylin responded:
Hi Mimi and Fibrofamily,
bright and sunny here in the UK..for a change
Struggling emotionally with the fibro. Keep hoping that somehow I will wake up one morning and it will be gone.
Hugs
Jillyxx

katmandulou responded:
Hi All - Happy Tuesday!

I thought it was going to be cold when I went out this morning, and a grabbed a mid-weight coat - it was 71?! A week ago I think I grabbed a much needed parka. This is New England after all. Tomorrow will bring rain, maybe what MiMi or Linda had yesterday. We can use it, it's been very dry here, and the local forests have posted High fire warnings.

Today I have a day off to goof around a little. I've completed the work so quickly, the gal who's giving me the work needed a day or two to catch up with me. I'm all for working hard, but they estimated that it would take 30-45 minutes for each item; most have taken me around 15 minutes. And I bill them by the hour. LOL

MiMi, my pooch doesn't like the bad weather either. She starts whining at the first rumble or wind. DH had her at the vet last week, and they shaved her hot spots. Even now, I want to laugh, because they got home and he put an old T-shirt on her. *heehee* The first one got really icky, and we tossed it, but the second one has been on for 3 days and the wounds are dry. Fingers crossed that she'll be fine.

Mary, when I'm feeling a bit reflux-y, I snack on oyster crackers or saltines. Weird I know, but it helps.

Debbie, Happy Nurses' Week! I now a prison doc, and I know it can be stressful, but she loves her work too!

Linda, I'd love to attract hummers, all I ever get is bees. What's your secret?

Jilly, I'm sorry you're struggling. I can't promise that it will get better, but we're here for each other.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

missist replied to jillylin's response:
I know Jilly, we all have those days.
Been praying for you, hope you have some better days soon.
Mary

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.