Skip to content
Thursday ****5/9/2013 ****Mother's Day Sunday****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC and it is dry this morning....I am so glad that hopefully there will NOT be any rain today....we did get showers again yesterday. It is going to be in the high 70's today and might hit 80's tomorrow. The temps recently have been lower than what is normal for this time of the year.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all. I hope everyone will have some warm sunshine to enjoy.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. Learn about what others have found that helps them cope better and find out if it will also work for you.

This morning I saw where they now think a lot of back issues can be fixed by antibiotics. OMG...can you imagine this? I find this quite interesting that this has taken so long to figure out. One would have thought that medical researchers would have known to check such as this out as being a cause of back pain. I do know that the only thing that actually helps me is a heating pad. Do not quite understand just why but it is true. I have tried all sorts of things and nothing really helps it for long. Low back pain is just a very ignoring thing to deal with almost like the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level if you have not already done so. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for a lot of people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Mother's Day is right around the corner. Remember the ones who have been an important part of your life. I received a very nice card yesterday from a person I kind of know....actually she is someone I have communicated with for a while. (long story here).
It was such a nice thing for her to remember me.

That's all folks. Here is hoping everyone has a great Thursday. I hope today is a better day for those who have had a lot going on recently, with sickness as well as other issues.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more today.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Thursday to all!

Beautiful day here. Such a shame to have to be working indoors all day. Luckily I do have a window in my office over looking the prison play ground. Sadly the children only viist on weekends, so I do not get to see them play.
I am leaving for Tampa tomorrow to spend the weekend with my mom. My twin brother is going with me. This is her first Mother's Day since my younger brother died in January. We do not want her to spend it alone. We are hoping to take her out for a nice dinner. We are going to cut her grass which has not been done yet this year. She is getting ready to move to an apartment so I am going to help her start packing things up. I just have to remember to pace myself, which is hard when you are trying to do so many things in a short weekend.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day. I do not have children, but I do have niece's and nephews that always remember me on Mother's Day. I wish there was a holiday for aunts and uncles. There seems to be a holiday for everything else!

Take care everyone. Soft hugs to all.
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Anon_2912 replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
I loved spending the weekends with my mother when she was alive..It was always so quiet and peaceful...

I do miss my mother, but I do remember spoiling her rotten ...so no regrets...

Enjoy your weekend with her and do it as often as you can....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday everyone. I hope your today is going well and that you have sunshine and warm temps where you are today.

Not a lot to post about today. DH and I ran most of the errands last night so not a lot for me to do today. But I do have a few left that I can do ye, and since the sun is shinning and it's really warm, 80, out there, it will be a treat, after days of clouds and rain, to do them in the day time.

Again as the weather perks up so do I. I love to do things when the suns out and it's warm. I try to schedule things that can only be done in the spring and summer.. and baseball is sooo spring and summer time sportws that I enjoy. On that note: I was afraid that the 1STbaseball game DH and I are going to Saturday evening would be a washout, NO, it's going to rain tomorrow night and into the morning instead of Saturday into the evening. I do love it when things work out for me.

MiMi, antibiodics to help back pain. Interesting. I know so many of here have back issues. It would be wonderful if now they could add antibiodics to the list of things that help ease the pain. I, like you, depend on a heating pad, most times. I get my back adjusted once a month as well. Meds and creams not so much.

Debra, you and brother have a safe drive down to Tampa ( I love Tampa. It's so pretty there. ) to see and spend Mother's day with your mom.

Guess that's about it for me today. Here's wishing each of you a good day with sunshine and warm temps over you. A day free of fibro issues or pain as well.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Good Morning..

I am taking the day off of work today..taking my dad to see a neurologist at the major university here...She has done several tests on him..and we are getting the results..I don't expect it to be a very good report. He is 84 ...(I think..)...His birthday is in another week...so it isn't like I expect a miracle...but that would be nice...Whenever I ask him how he is doing..he always says "Not very good."...it reminds me of how people don't understand pain you cannot see...I cannot see his pain..but I sure get tired of his negative attitude..reminds me not to complain..

Mimi...how I would love for there to be an antibiotic to cure back pain..and so many other pains..

I guess I had better get busy and get some work done around here..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I started of reading the rest of yesterday's posts. Thanks to all for thinking of my little guy. Aden is doing better. His stomach has allowed him to eat a little more. Although he has been on the couch all day, he has perked up some and should be himself in a few more days. I am not used to my boys having more than a cold. I am greatful Christine was able to be off of work to care for him.

I took a flexeril before bed and slept a solid 8 last night. I still woke sleepy but my body relaxed a bit and I had a decent work day. After work I had a massage. I needed it badly. My low back/hip area was wrecked and she was able to free it up a bit. She also showed me a mid back stretch that I can use.

I am going offroading this weekend and next. This weekend is a trial run for the open house at the offroad park that our club hosts. It allows people to have a free pass for a day and guided trail rides. I have worked hard to make my old Jeep tackle the trails in comfort. I think it will pay off.

Mother nature has a plan for it to be in the 40s on the weekends and the 60s during the week. I need to sit down with her and have a chat. At least it isn't snowing. There is still ice on inland lakes and the grass is just now turning green.

We need a little more rain then I am going to try to get my good bikes out. I have a nice older Cannondale mtn bike and a nice lower end Trek aluminum road bike. I didn't really ride last year. If I don't this year I will be parting with them. I used to ride all the time but haven't felt up to it much in years.

Debbie, have a safe trip. I didn't know you were a twin.
Linda R, 80 sounds nice!
Cece, here's hoping for a miracle. They do happen;)

To all, I feel like I have more mothers now, being here with guidance and caring thoughts from you all. Thanks!

Take care everyone.

Not the Cory's girl Cory, but a NICE one I am told.

BetteK responded:
Wouldn't it be great if a few months of antibiotics could zap back pain? We would all like to see that.

As someone who spent a week in the hospital with C-dif when I had antibiotics with hip replacement, (And wasn't that fun, hobbling to the toilet every 15 minutes and dragging my hip along!) I'd want to have some plan in place to prevent another similar fate.

But it is intrigueing.

BetteK

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.