Skip to content
Sunday *****5/12/2013*****Happy Mother's Day *****
dollbug posted:
Happy Mother's Day 2013.

Being a mother is a tough job....being a good mother is even tougher. I think a lot of times mothers are taken for granted. At times they are expected to have all of the answers and solve all of the problems , no matter what it might be. I also think sometimes that no matter what we do as mothers it is never enough. Today is Mother's Day and I hope that each of you have a good day and I hope that each of you will feel loved and appreciated by those you have raised and
provided for. Remember to tell your mother or someone you consider to be a mother to you just how important she is and just how much you love her and appreciate her in your life today.

And then remember that you should do this often, not just on special occasions.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Happy Mothers Day to all the MOM's on the board. And a hug to you Mimi girl!

I am slowing down a bit now alot of the start up at work is completed and repaired and now it is months of forward effort to do this work......so I am now pacing myself, as I need to get back IN my life. No more weekends and no more 12 hour days.

I have been up and down with our dragon, he is still with me every day. I had to share with the Urology Attending my true issues and my concern to not work with him. In a heart beat he asked to hire a nurse from the outside. I am in mixed emotions as I worked so hard now to set this up. I do feel it is too much for me. I worked 1 day without the MA helping and it was overwhelming. I am set in my world in Nuclear and in the Cardio Office........sad I thought I could venture out..

So, I am working on those emotions. He also made a comment as I stretched sideways to get a B/P on a patient in pain......(you don't have anything wrong with you......and after the vital was done I looked at him and said "yep you got me I have made up 13 years of distress and tears, I see the neurologist every 2 weeks because I like her*...yep I am not in trouble...)
Why did I think he would understand, now I regret sharing my worry, I asked if he knew of Trigger Point Syndrome and he went with me. I told of the path I was handed....Crap, we all know that WE are the ones who get it.....just CRAP .

Today my grandchildren arrive with smiles and their homemade cards and i have juice and biscuits waiting for them
and laughter abound! It will be 3 years of them stopping by me and then going to her family to enjoy the day.....

I hope something special happens today for you.....I hope the sun is out, as it has been raining for 2 days straight now (spring...(those April showers that come in May)

My wisteris is all a bloom and beautiful, the fragrance is a medication I swear. I wanted so to sit out for coffee this AM next to the flowers.....but it is raining. I love it there and the big hoviering bees and I share moments of eye* to eye* contact!
This is a spring tradition.....

OK.....many words this AM, I am alive and will be back soon. Still need to work my Mondays* crap:(. BUT I am getting close to having them back. HUgs to all, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
OMG*****Nana B....there are some who just NEVER GET IT....how on earth can people that you work for NOT UNDERSTAND, especially since you are in the health care field? So very, very sad. Why are we surprised? I think we, FMers, just expect people to understand what we face with each and every day. And you know, we should be smarter than this, in expecting anyone who does not *drag the draggin around* to understand what we deal with each and every day.

Now....with that being said....I do not think anyone actually truly appreciates *good employees*.....in fact, I think, for the most part, that when they know you are good at what you do....they just take you for granted and give you even more to do, knowing that somehow, someway, you will figure out how to do whatever it is.

I was so touched when I heard someone recently say that they have had about enough of *it*....(referring to the job that they have had for many years)....it is really sad when employees who are truly *dedicated and good* at what they do are taken advantage of and not appreciated, no matter what.

But this is the *AMERICAN WAY*....in the end....employees are just *numbers*....and when you are no longer to continue to do what you are told to do, no matter what....well....it is time for them to find another *body* who can and will do it.

Nana B....I do hope that you will figure out what you should do and I hope that you will remember that you are the one, the only one, who can take care of you.

It is sad that we give our careers our ALL....and in the end....when it is all said and done....you feel like no one really even cared just how much effort it took to do what you did in the first place.

Happy Mother's Day Nana B....Have a good one.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist replied to dollbug's response:
Hi all! Happy Mother's Day.
So sorry for the job junk Nana B--when I first got this--before I knew i had it--I was in so much pain--at the time only in one area-- and it started from a work place injury.. I saw my dr--but my boss had me see the work-quack too--who decided I was fine and ready to come back to work. My doctor who was a rheumatoligist-- just coincidence--he still took general patients back then.. Anyhow he told me to find another job. LOL.. doing what ? I had no clue. Anyhow-- I could 'do' the things they wanted me to--that wasn't the problem. The problem was the cost afterwards. The pain struck me at home and lasted days..

so I did eventually quit the job and a few years later my doc. figured out what was wrong when I never recovered and suddenly began to have pain in more places.

Well anyhow best to you all!!

I am about to take a nap. I spent my mothers day so far putting a few plants in to a bed that Hubby opened up for me by removing some hugely overgrown shrubs. The dirt is soft and pliable and I did not have fight with it. So I put some plants that had been growing and increasing the past years that we spent up in North Carolina.

My daughter's family lives in my other house-renting it from us. So-- I was able to go get some more plants there and bring them here to where I hope after 8 or 9 moves in just under 10 years I get to finally STAY, God willing til I go to Him.

My dream is to watch my plants multiply and grow and share them with neighbors, kids, friends. etc.. have a real home and garden.

We shall see... I know most of us are very used to plans and dreams going haywire--I think this time maybe the charm.

Hubby did have his interview Thursday he talked to 8 different people at the company and he thought it went well..so If they think so too--he may move home with me very soon. Hoping and praying.

I am having company soon and not really ready--but I think it will be OK--good enuf.

I did a little section of planting and now I have taken some celebrex and am heading to my recliner for a feet up nap.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!! God Bless!
Mary
Pokeberrypatch.blogspot.com
pokeberrypatch.etsy.com

rudyandirmouse responded:
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOM'S, STEPMOM'S AUNTS AND GRANDMOTHER'S WHO HAVE BEEN MOM'S TO US. HAVE A GREAT DAY, YOU'VE EARNED IT.

Heading out the door to enjoy a beautiful sunny day, with blue skies and light breezes, just me and DH. I've put off lunch and dinners, shows, etc today with the two daughter's here in TN for the 25TH, when all three of my girls and all the grandchildren will be with DH and me in Orlando. But I got all the calls from the family: daughters, nieces, cousins and in laws, all wishing me a nice day, hearing from all of them made my day so much nicer.

Okay, I'm off to enjoy a lovely Sunday with DH. Have a great and very happy day ladies.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Happy Mother's Day ladies!

I posted in Saturday's this morning because of the banner throwing me off, anyhow, I hope you all had a wonderful day!

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.