Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday *****5/13/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it was chilly this morning but it is going to be a nice sunny day....actually it is going to be a nice sunny week where the temps for a couple of days will be in the low 80*s. OMG....almost summerlike weather. Thunder storms might arrive Friday night.

Here is hoping everyone had a great Mother's day. I enjoyed it. We had a cook out with hamburgers. It was an easy fix. My younger son had to work and this was not the week-end with my granddaughter. We did get to see her play ball on Saturday. She was happy to see her daddy. It is quite amazing to see how much this little girl has changed in just 2 months since the first visit our family had with her in March. She is now so very happy and loves her cousins....she is a bit rough and tough with them but I hope this gets better with time. She is the oldest and she take advantage of the situation. She always gives my older GS a big hug though. They are all so cute together but a handful. I had a nice day. The GS brought me flowers and a big cookie.

My daughter has a court date today and I am hoping and praying that all goes well with this. (this is just one of several now). I now understand so much more now than I use to about just how our system works/or not. It is so sad some of the things which can happen to people.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group and welcome back to those who have returned. As we say here....once a FMer, always a FMer. We are glad that you are a part of our FMily. We have a good group here and a lot of valuable information to share. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* here as I am sure you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well. \

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Monday.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Mimi & others to come!

Its nice out here in SC, starting to get too hot in the sun. I was out this morning and got a few more of my plants in, and hung my laundry. The dryer broke a while ago and I'm usually the only one here so I don't mind hanging it. Its part of my 'exercise program'.

Just came in cuz its too hot now in the sun and cuz I'm starting to get sore. Yesterday was worse--but I took an extra celebrex. Gonna take a bath here in a minute before I finish up something for my etsy shop and pack things to be shipped today.

I like to go to town to mail my stuff, rather than just stick it in our box. I visit with the gal at post office.

Today I'm also going to visit the thrift store & see if I can find anything that would be a good dresser in our guest bedroom. One of my sons is coming to visit Saturday, and the other one is bringing his family here a week or 2 after that, then my in laws.. so just want to get prepared.

Hoping to hear good news soon from Hubby's interview. Fingers Crossed. It would be nice to have him home. Been praying for that.

Mimi I've also been praying for your daughter--sure hope her court dates turn out in her favor. Also thanks to your constant reminders I went & got some more vitamin D. LOL.
My dr told me a while back that since I tested low in the past I should just keep taking it. Sometimes I have gotten a little bugged by how many pills are in my day, and I drop something like a vitamin--but I think I did better when I had that.

So, just happy that we aren't raining! Some rain is OK--but holy moly we had a lot this spring.

Have good days folks!
Mary
pokeberrypatch.etsy.com
pokeberrypatch.blogspot.com

BetteK responded:
MiMi, Mary, Cory, Nancy, and all of us.

We visited the younger son in Rochester Sunday. As usual, I drove there 2 hours, drove around the city another 1 1/2 hrs., and drove home for 2 hours. Yes, we had a wonderful meal all together and a little big-city type shopping in there, but that is still 5 1/2 hours behind the wheel.

Usually, my back would be just horrible for this next week, but when we got home I rubbed that Voltaren Gel along the length of my spine. I'm not exactly pain free--miracles seldom happen--but I'm like a normal day, not like the day after a trip.

If you can try it, the Voltaren is worth going to your doctor and getting the Rx. I actually was able to sleep last night, AND to do a couple loads of laundry today, AND to cook dinner tonight. Not bad for a day I would have spent in bed propped up with pillows and more pillows.

BetteK

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was a tough day today but I was off work on time and managed to get a lot done before the wife got home from work. This freed up time for our walk. I have to admit I was not up for it, but it was nice to get out and get some air. It was only in the upper 40s but the sun as shining. The weather has been goofy still. It was in the 20s last night, maybe 50 today, and 65 tomorrow.

We have a meeting with our supervisor tomorrow. I have a feeling he has been spoken to about his poor performance and it is about to roll down hill. I am not worried as I say little and do as I am told. I only speak if something asked is beyond my ability or unsafe. For other reasons I expect a heated discussion and the morale taking a big dip. Not good for the work environment. I am hoping for the best though.

Long drives are difficult for me as well. I try to have a co-pilot if the DW doesn't come with. At least then you can take a break form the driving. It seems that no matter how comfortable the car is it is tough on the body. I'm glad you found some thing that helped you Bette K.

Mimi, 80s sound very nice! I am sure we will get ours in a couple more months.

I hope you all have a good night. Take care everyone.

Cory

BetteK replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

It is hard having fibro and knowing you have to go to work every day--no matter what. This is doubly bad if you are in a job where the work is not properly planned by a really great supervisor. There's a big differenced between loving every minute on the job and hating every second on the job.

Hopefully, things will smooth out for you. This will make a big difference in your fibromyalgia. Wait and see.

Our weather here in SW NY is just as crazy. It went down to the teens last night. The fruit trees were all in blossom, too. No local fruit this year. We drove through rain, snow, small hail, and grapple coming home from Rochester on Sunday.
Our farms grow short-season crops and don't depend on anything that can't stand a little frost in late June or early September. It would be nice to be able to depend on the vegetable garden, but nice doesn't always happen.

As to a comfortable ride, we got minivans because it is like sitting in a chair, but sometimes your leg gets crampy if you're short like me--especially when you're driving.

Wonder if there is a fibro-friendly vehicle?

BetteK

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.