Skip to content
Tuesday - May 14, 2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC....where it is chilly this morning....but dry and it is going to be nice weather until Friday where showers are expected...it is predicted that this will be the last *cool* morning we will have for a while....as it is suppose to be higher than normal temps-around 10* higher. So much for the spring time weather I guess.

My DD ended up and did not have court as the judge did not show up. So she had to go again this morning. I continue to hope and pray that things get straightened out soon. I think her attorneys got a bird's eye view of just what she is up against. The man tried to get the bailiff to arrest her in court. OMG....I really have no idea what is wrong with people these days.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I noticed yesterday was a very slow day. I hope this mean that everyone is feeling better and out and about doing other things. We normally have more traffic during the week than on week-ends.

For the new members I hope that each of you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and I hope you will also review the *member toolbox* which has some good *tools* that you might have not thought of trying. I also hope that when you find anything that helps you cope better that you will share this info with the FMily. This is why we are here to offer our support and to share things that we have found to ease our pain. As for the chronic fatigue I wish I could find something for this. I am now taking the P5P to see if it might help this. Just started though so it will be a while before I can tell. I was speaking to the person running the vitamin store and he says that it might indeed help. He knows it has helped people who have heart issues.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important.

Have a good day....remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good morning all. I do hope that your day is going well and that you have few, if any, fibro issues or pain today.

MiMi, sorry to hear your DD had to go to court for nothing yesterday. I do so hope that your DD's court issues will end today with a judgement against the 'nut' that has filled this unwarrented suit. UGH, just makes my blood boil that he's gotten away with this for so long.

Our weather is going to be nice for the next 7 days, yea that. And will get into the high 80's through out the next week and yippe, it will be clear with no rain any time soon. I'm feeling like summer has arrived now so wheres the last of spring I wonder? But not complaining mind you, I'll take 80's with no rain any day of the week. Insert a beyond Happy smile.

I have no plans for my day today. Just taking it hour by hour as I have nothing pressing on my list of things to do. Maybe out to the arts n crafts store, Hobby Lobby a bit later this afternoon, but no marketing to do and no errands to run. Nice to have a lazy day on a lazy hot day. Waited all winter long for today and I'm just gonna 'sit ' back and enjoy it.

And it's a good thing too as I wore myself out helping DH take out our old dishwasher and helped him install a new dishwasher here last night. He surprised me yesterday by coming in and giving me a beautiful minature orchard and then said I needed to get a vase for it in the garage. So I headed out the door to the garage and there at the bottom of the steps was a new, GE stainless steel dishwasher. I was floored. He got this one deeply discounted, as it had been returned before 7 days and was then sent out for factory repair. When it go tback, DH bid on it before it went back onto the floor for public sale. Lucky me cause I have been eyeing dishwashers for years and held off because they are so pricey now and all of the 500 plus dollars ones are computerized. That's what took out my old one. Well not old...

I had a SAMSUNG stainless steel dishwasher that DH got me at Lowes. It had all the bells and whistles, Had it ony a year when it stopped working just out of warrenty. That was 3 years ago and dammed if I could get any repairmen out here to fix it. Every place I called that SAMSUNG referred me to said SAMSUNG didn't pay them what they said they would, were slow in paying or just didn't pay them so they wouldn't come out. Even when I said I'd pay they said NO. So there it sat, a 700 dollar piece of junk, in my kitchen and looked at me while I had washed dishes for 3 years. UGH. But now I'm whole again and I'm not washing another dish by hand for good long while. Insert HAPPY smile.

Cory, sorry you had a bad day yesterday.. I think of you so often and wish you good days with sunshine and warm temps.

angleswife, I've been off the board a few days, hope things are better there and that you are feeling much better now.

mary, Lou, Nancy.. have a good day as well.

Will close this here.. Have a good day everyone..
Gentle hugs, Linda R

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Tuesday to all!

I made it back from Tampa. We had a good visit with our mom. My mom had a honey due list for my brother when we got there. So he got very little rest. Yesterday and today I am paying for the 5 1/2 hour drive there and back. Yesterday I was so sore and tired I could barely function at work. Luckily today I am feeling some better.
Mimi I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I am praying very hard that the judge will hear her side today and charge that terrible man instead of her.
The weather here in north Florida is wonderful! We are in the 70's today. Just too pretty to have to work. But the bills need paying so I will just have to enjoy the afternoon. I hope everyone is having a pain free day.

Soft hugs to all,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

BetteK replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda, what a wonderful surprise. Hope you and your new dishwasher have "many happy returns" of Mother's Day together.

We have hard water with a lot of iron in it. This makes them wear out quicker than they should. Same with washers, but we are only on our third of them in 45 years, luckily.

Now, have a wonderful, wonderful week.

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was slightly warmer here today. The sun was out and it was nicer than yesterday. I still wore my Carhart jacket to go down to the lake and pick agates. I thin kit's about time to buy a tumbler.

The work meeting was held appropriately. I was surprised. The topics were what I expected and surprisingly everyone kept there composure. Morale held up well and we got on with the day. Later on they threw me into the fire as they said they. would. I am now fully responsible as the millwright in the department I used to be a lead operator in. It's a great step forward, just a little on the bi side. It will work out eventually.

I have been struggling again lately. In such a was as I am in quite a bit of pain, yet it's not bad enough for me to call in to work. It's just bad enough to make me miserable all day. I just keep telling my self to press on as long as I can and try to smile while doing so. Stay positive, take it day by day.

For at least the next 2 and a half years I need to keep my job, or work my way into salary. My wife will not be working anymore and in school full time. On a positive note, after she completes her radtec program I may have other options. I like to work and make a good wage but I feel like my body won't let me do it for too many more years. Just 5 years ago I could work 60 hr weeks, now 40 is a bear.

Linda and Bette, thanks for the thoughts.

Linda, it seems no matter what appliances you buy now, they are just not made to last. We bought a Maytag dishwasher that made it about 5 years. I have had good luck with basic Kenmore manual control washer and dryer that lasted over 15 years. Kenmore or Whirlpool seam to be decent. Also, most names, even good ones, don't make everything well. They seem to make one thing well. I think the GE dishwasher should be a good one. My sister had a stainless one she love it.

Mimi, I hope your DD is out of the woods with that nut. It's very unfortunate that the system is the way it is there.

Take care everyone.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hi Cory.. I've been praying for you, added you to my list. I had a thought though-- have you ever thought of getting a hot tub? or whirlpool thing?

Just might be nice before and after work to get in there and move about in hot water.

there's often used ones on craigslist--if you live anyplace near a big city.

just a thought,
Mary

mnjeepguy replied to missist's response:
A great thought, I can't swing that big jump in the electric bill. It get's expensive at -20. My brother in law can attest to that. I have my boys to help me as they get older. They have chores and get allowance. Once I get home I get them organized and make dinner, then I can relax. Thanks for the prayers.

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
prayers not a prob. I know what you mean about the electric. Actually we lived in Fargo after Wisconsin--before we came down here to the carolinas. the house we rented in fargo was new--and the bill was super cheap-- lots of insulation.

still I have been tugging on hubby for a hot tub for a long time, but I do worry about what the bill would be too. Although- I still want it.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
375 of 402 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.