yawnnnn....
EllieKatz posted:
Ist post: been treated by pain MD for several yrs; finally have Lyrica in balance; but am so SLEEPY. Better when find the time to walk, then stretch, but that is rare. Community advice?? Thanks, EllieKatz

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Dear EllieKatz,
I wish I had some good advise about being sleepy. I have tried a lot of different things. I have drank coffee and diet Mountain Dew. Those drinks do help a little, but no much. I have tried eating something sweet, tried fruit and energy bars, but still no luck. I just usually have to wait for it to wear off by itself. Somedays I stay sleepy all day. My bigest problem is even if the sleepiness goes away, the extreme tiredness stays. I just have to pace myself at work, and I go to bed early to try to get extra sleep. If you discover anything that helps please post it. Good luck and I wish you all the best. The dragon is sometimes so hard to deal with. I am sorry you have to deal with it too.

Soft hugs,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

booch007 responded:
Ellie,

When you start or change a med like Lyrica or neurontin there is going to be a curve til adjust to better.

This side effect should get better in time. You are taking it in the evening before bed or twice a day? If it is once a day in the evening would be best to use the side effect to your advantage.

I felt for me, I couldn't use this class of med. I was given 100mg of Neurontin to try and it had me so loopy that I couldn't function and I can't NOT function. So it was taken off my list. Once I retire I will look at it again for the help it can offer.

Good luck, patience is next to Godliness at times...... Nancy B