Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
yawnnnn....
EllieKatz posted:
Ist post: been treated by pain MD for several yrs; finally have Lyrica in balance; but am so SLEEPY. Better when find the time to walk, then stretch, but that is rare. Community advice?? Thanks, EllieKatz

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Dear EllieKatz,
I wish I had some good advise about being sleepy. I have tried a lot of different things. I have drank coffee and diet Mountain Dew. Those drinks do help a little, but no much. I have tried eating something sweet, tried fruit and energy bars, but still no luck. I just usually have to wait for it to wear off by itself. Somedays I stay sleepy all day. My bigest problem is even if the sleepiness goes away, the extreme tiredness stays. I just have to pace myself at work, and I go to bed early to try to get extra sleep. If you discover anything that helps please post it. Good luck and I wish you all the best. The dragon is sometimes so hard to deal with. I am sorry you have to deal with it too.

Soft hugs,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

booch007 responded:
Ellie,

When you start or change a med like Lyrica or neurontin there is going to be a curve til adjust to better.

This side effect should get better in time. You are taking it in the evening before bed or twice a day? If it is once a day in the evening would be best to use the side effect to your advantage.

I felt for me, I couldn't use this class of med. I was given 100mg of Neurontin to try and it had me so loopy that I couldn't function and I can't NOT function. So it was taken off my list. Once I retire I will look at it again for the help it can offer.

Good luck, patience is next to Godliness at times...... Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.